What's new

China’s popularity in Bangladesh dips a bit over Myanmar issue

For this reason, I despise those traitors within the Chinese government even more. The damage they have done to our future is beyond estimation.

Aung San Suu Kyi is not our friend at all, I was against this woman since the beginning time I joined this forum. So many Chinese are superficial in their geopolitical view and could easily get manipulated and fooled.

I am sure that there are a lot of people in the CCP that can see that the stance they have taken on Myanmar is not the right one. It is just the ones with the opposite view have prevailed.

Despite this incident, BD as a nation will still see China as a friendly country. I am sure that Chinese diplomacy will mature that in the future it will take a stand against the barbarity that we have seen against defenceless Rohingya.

I think that people in other countries really do not understand the mentality of BD people and that is why they cannot comprehend at just how appalled BD people are over what has happened to Rohingya. Despite the mass killings and rapes of mainly Muslim Rohingya by Buddhist Barmans, not a single one of the BD'shi Buddhist has been harmed in BD. In any other country in the neighbourhood, we all know what kind of "revenge" there will be against innocent people. With such a tolerant attitude, the average BD person cannot even imagine how people can behave so savagely against their fellow human being.

This episode has been a truly eye-opening one for BD'shis and I can only see a future of a heavy militarised country in order to survive in such a savage neighbourhood.

Last edited:
Who honestly cares about what bengldshis think? @django do you care? @Nilgiri perhaps you do?

Not a single d*** was given !!!

21481.jpg

I am sure that there are a lot of people in the CCP that can see that the stance they have taken on Myanmar is not the right one. It is just the ones with the opposite view have prevailed.

Despite this incident, BD as a nation will still sees China as a friendly country. I am sure that Chinese diplomacy will mature that in the future it will take a stand against barbarity that we have seen against defenceless Rohingya.

I think that people in other countries really do not understand the mentality of BD people and that is why cannot comprehend at just how appalled BD people are over what has happened to Rohingya. Despite the mass killings and rapes of mainly Muslim Rohingya by Buddhist Barmans, not a single one of the BD'shi Budhist has been harmed in BD. In any other country in the neighbourhood, we all know what kind of "revenge" there will be against innocent people. With such a tolerant attitude, the average BD person cannot even imagine how people can behave so savagely against their fellow human being.

This episode has been a truly eye-opener for BD'shis and I can only see a future of a heavy militarised country in order to survive in such a savage neighbourhood.

Expect CPC to face a rude awakening when Aung San Suu Kyi betrays them again.

They still haven't learned the lesson with South Korea, and they got THAAD in their doorstep as the expected result.

They still haven't learned the lesson with South Korea, and they got THAAD in their doorstep as the expected result.
This is not the best time CPC should be making enemies (When BRI is taking off), by staying neutral, although the BD's here get all excited, their government still haven't soured with China yet. Similarly MM.

Suu Kyi has, at the moment has little say. She is acting more like spokesperson of the Myanmar Military, although these guys bash her left and right. She is just a disguised role for PR as the time has come MM should be like a democracy.

BD geostrategic consideration will not change vis a vis china.

Bangladesh understands China's calculus and am fairly sure robust discussions are taking place behind the scene.

BDs primary aim is economic development and china will play a massive part in that.

BD will militarise massively again I see china being the primary component in that.

Only a fool will think BD does not have cards to play, we do and it will be played.

Our strategic calculus is not containment of china it's containment of India.

Both BD and china is able to ride this out. Two countries can not share every priority and no one is going to be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Are you a muslim to speak like this? or you are just a dumb to know shit about geopolitics.

We all thought Aung San Suu Kyim as a western pawn before, but once she took the power and knew the ground reality, she choosed to cooperate with China against west will, which happened long before Rohinya issues, that is why west began to hate her and defame her, while we learned to appreciate her courage to stood up against west for her country and people.

Go to China popular forums such as tianya etc, where people are 100% to support maynmar, does it ring any bell to you? We have now around 20k rohinyas lingering around our border town, which caused huge damage to our national security and social stability by assisting their urghur brothers to smuggle in and out jihadists , weapons, drugs etc. Can you ask your canadian government to take them?

Look at the recent vote in UN, all Asean countries support myanmar except 2 muslim countries. Again in south asia, nobody support BD except 2 muslim countries. This is called geopolitics on the ground.

Finally, we don't have the obligation to make bangladesh happy, don't we?
What's this about Rohingya refugees in China? They're closer to BD and India than China. How did they even get there? Most of them aren't even allowed to leave Rakhine state so how did they get anywhere near China? Rakhine state has no border with China at all. How does this even work? 20K is a lot of people.

BD geostrategic consideration will not change vis a vis china.

Bangladesh understands China's calculus and am fairly sure robust discussions are taking place behind the scene.

BDs primary aim is economic development and china will play a massive part in that.

BD will militarise massively again I see china being the primary component in that.

Only a fool will think BD does not have cards to play, we do and it will be played.

Our strategic calculus is not containment of china it's containment of India.

Both BD and china is able to ride this out. Two countries can not share every priority and no one is going to be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Exactly, we are still both developing countries who share the same boat, even we may not agree on every issues.

But we have to make sure that our boat is stable and sailing smoothly.

We should let the current Myanmar regime collapsed under the western sanction, then to act as a mediator when a more moderate regime comes to power.

The Rohingya genocide must stop right now, because in the long term it will nurture more extremists in the vicinity of our southwest border.
Idiot. Let Myanmar collapsed so US can come in and station troops ...right next door to China. You don't understand geopolitics as much as you think.

Idiot. Let Myanmar collapsed so US can come in and station troops ...right next door to China. You don't understand geopolitics as much as you think.

You have overrated the US too much.

There is always an opposition to fill political vacuum. If the current junta government collapses, there would be a more sane one to take their place.

We care about China's national interests ONLY !!!

Besides Chinese muslims, no one cares Roys in China! We hate 20,000 Roys currently settle in China , they are trouble makers and criminals!

More Veto will come !

Blame the Junta government first, without their killing spree, we simply wouldn't have those Rohingya refugees within our border.

They were creating this problem for us.

We care about China's national interests ONLY !!!

Sure you do. We all do.

Besides Chinese muslims, no one cares Roys in China! We hate 20,000 Roys currently settle in China , they are trouble makers and criminals!

Any neutral news source you can point to? China seems very far in the map for Rakhaine than Indo-Bangladesh. First time hearing something like this. Thailand,Malaysia seems to be more favorite destination for them.

More Veto will come !

Good for you and the Burmese!

You have overrated the US too much.

There is always an opposition to fill political vacuum. If the current junta government collapses, there would be a more sane one to take their place.

Blame the Junta government first, without their killing spree, we simply wouldn't have those Rohingya refugees within our border.

They were creating this problem for us.

we care about China's national interests Only , more than 99% of Chinese support CCP's decision in Burma.

No matter in China or PDF, you are alone !

Do not quote me again which I'm not interest it.

I see no point for China keep trying to be the mediator. no matter what we do or propose it wont make Myanmar any happier and BD already hate us by now. better we just stay out of the mess

Bangladesh doesn't hate China rather you could say people are frustrated.Sadly you got involved in the mess by siding with the Myanmar blindly.

we care about China's national interests Only , more than 99% of Chinese support CCP's decision in Burma.

No matter in China or PDF, you are alone !

Do not quote me again which I'm not interest it.

Soon, 99% of Chinese will despise Aung San Suu Kyi even more just like they did to Park Geun-hye for the imminent political betrayal.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom