What's new

China's Picturesque Tibet Autonomous Region: News & Images

Summer Religious Ceremonies Held in China's Tibet
2015-09-19

Monks attend a religious ceremony at the Tashilunpo Monastery in Xigaze, southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, Sept. 17, 2015. Summer religious ceremonies were held at the monastery from Sept. 16 to 18.

People watch a performance during a religious ceremony at the Tashilunpo Monastery in Xigaze, southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, Sept. 17, 2015. Summer religious ceremonies were held at the monastery from Sept. 16 to 18.

Monks perform during a religious ceremony at the Tashilunpo Monastery in Xigaze, southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, Sept. 17, 2015. Summer religious ceremonies were held at the monastery from Sept. 16 to 18.

Monks watch a performance during a religious ceremony at the Tashilunpo Monastery in Xigaze, southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, Sept. 17, 2015. Summer religious ceremonies were held at the monastery from Sept. 16 to 18.

Monks attend a religious ceremony at the Tashilunpo Monastery in Xigaze, southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, Sept. 18, 2015. Summer religious ceremonies were held at the monastery from Sept. 16 to 18.

Two buffoons perform during a religious ceremony at the Tashilunpo Monastery in Xigaze, southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, Sept. 17, 2015. Summer religious ceremonies were held at the monastery from Sept. 16 to 18.

Actors perform during a religious ceremony at the Tashilunpo Monastery in Xigaze, southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, Sept. 18, 2015. Summer religious ceremonies were held at the monastery from Sept. 16 to 18.

Actors perform during a religious ceremony at the Tashilunpo Monastery in Xigaze, southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, Sept. 18, 2015. Summer religious ceremonies were held at the monastery from Sept. 16 to 18.

Whether that is bull shit is different debate. What matters is majority of Tibetans are unhappy with China.
How do you know about that ?

1. How do you know ? Looks like Chinese riot police or army to me. The place where I got the image was talking about Tibet only and not Nepal.

2. There is a Tibetan genocide case and are you denying that ? There were a lot of other pictures too, way too gory and definitely of Tibet. I am sure you can look them up ? Or do I have to give links to you ?
1 .It is not Chinese CAPF/police/military obviously. We do not have such uniform.

2. What genocide case ? Please elaborate it .

According to the fake Indian statistics provided above about 1 million died in China's Tibet between 1949-70.

In India, this happens every year. About 2 million kids die in India, which what massacre really means:

Almost 5,000 Indian Children Die Daily - India Real Time - WSJ

That's why we ask "why Tibet is much richer than India?"

Tibet's level of social-economic development cannot be compared to a social disaster called India in a meaningful way hence Indians resort to derail the question.

Oh come on man

1966~1976 is culture revolution .

Many people died not only tibet people.
As I said, its a topic, I intend not to go into. As a matter of fact, that topic would not even have come up had I not been forced into replying some troll posts. Things happen, agitations and rebellions take place, it's a fact and every country has it's bags and baggages. So, no one is holier in that aspect.
Better we leave it at that.

Indian can live for 1000 years, Indian can't die. None Indian died in 1967-1977.
Cheerz this cup of Ganges water. :cheers:
Why do you have to use India as a template to justify yourself now ?
Uyghurs are not Buddhists ? Why are they not a separate country ?

Because Tibet is under the good administration of China, if it's india that is ruling then I expect a sub-saharan africa like condition for Tibet.
Irony is that India's HDI is greater than Tibet HDI, despite CCP administration :lol:

Why do you have to use India as a template to justify yourself now ?

Uyghurs what? Uyghurs is the first group support China govt punish the Indian.

Uyghurs what? Uyghurs is the first group support China govt punish the Indian.
It's you who in the first place said Buddhism is the identifier for your country. (Even though China says it is communist)
So,

It's you who in the first place said Buddhism is the identifier for your country. (Even though China says it is communist)
So,

Hell, when did I say it (edit:Buddhism is the identifier for your country ), In The First Place? Indian don't feel shame of lying.
And by the way, Han Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism represents two parts of Buddhism, which is a statement by a Tibetan Buddhism professor I once watched.

Seems like we are going totally out of context here. But, here goes.

Genocide in the 20th Century: Massacres in Tibet: 1966-76

what a a miracle it would be that Tibetan population doubled from 1M to 2M during 1950-1980,had such a genocide existed.

BTW,
Before PLA liberated Tibet, Tibetan population has kept decreasing from 4M duirng 8th century to 1M in 1950.
it was just after PLA liberated tibet, that Tibetan population there started increasing.

Now, the Tibetan polulation in Tibet autonoumous region is about 3M.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom