What's new

China's orders for Russian weapons tops $8 bln - FSMTC

09:45
Russia starts to fulfill S-400 systems contract for China - Rostec

14:32
Russia to supply S-400 air defense systems, Su-35 fighters, anti-ship missiles to China

1161980.jpg

http://tass.com/defense/932131
MOSCOW, February 21. /TASS/. Russia and China have concluded agreements on the supply of S-400 air defense systems and Sukhoi-35 fighter jets, as well as anti-ship missile systems, Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu said on Tuesday.

"Russian-Chinese military-technical cooperation has been developing positively. Contacts have been concluded for selling to China S-400 air defense systems, multirole fighters Sukhoi-35 and anti-ship systems," Shoigu said at the opening of the second national youth forum International Military-Political and Military-Economic Cooperation: Modern Trends at the MIGIMO University.

Last edited:
14:32
Russia to supply S-400 air defense systems, Su-35 fighters, anti-ship missiles to China

1161980.jpg

http://tass.com/defense/932131
MOSCOW, February 21. /TASS/. Russia and China have concluded agreements on the supply of S-400 air defense systems and Sukhoi-35 fighter jets, as well as anti-ship missile systems, Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu said on Tuesday.

"Russian-Chinese military-technical cooperation has been developing positively. Contacts have been concluded for selling to China S-400 air defense systems, multirole fighters Sukhoi-35 and anti-ship systems," Shoigu said at the opening of the second national youth forum International Military-Political and Military-Economic Cooperation: Modern Trends at the MIGIMO University.
anti-ship missiles ???

SU-30MKK and SU-30MK2 are wired for Russian weapons only. So are early batch of SU-27SK/UBK.

As long as these aircraft are in service, China will continue to buy Russian AAM and ASM to equip them.

And possibly SU-35 too might be wired for Russian weapons only.

So all our neighbouring countries are becoming dependent on Russian weapons.
Pakistan, Bangladesh , China , Myanmar . Though a bit surprising about the Chinese as i thought they had a developed arms industry. Russia is sitting sweet.

Pakistan, Bangladesh , China , Myanmar . Though a bit surprising about the Chinese as i thought they had a developed arms industry. Russia is sitting sweet.
True, I'm surprised to some extent, however I believe it's normal. China will take a while to completely rid itself of Russian weapons imports. Until then Moscow will do all it can to sell as much weapons as it can to China since Russia needs all the cash it can get.
However, you also forgot India in your list, India too is even more heavily reliant on Russia for its defence needs.
Russia is still a great power to be reckoned with, especially militarily. In fact almost every country in the world weapon systems are either based on western platforms (U.S/Europe) or Soviet Russian based even today. Reason Russia still have so much influence over many countries militarily, since they have secured all markets that have not been secured by western powers. Therein lies Russia's strength.

True, I'm surprised to some extent, however I believe it's normal. China will take a while to completely rid itself of Russian weapons imports. Until then Moscow will do all it can to sell as much weapons as it can to China since Russia needs all the cash it can get.

Why completely? UK doesn't do that, nor does America. Engine for Burke? From UK. UK 5th gen fighter? From America. French guns? From Germany. If Germany actually has any weapons left, I'm sure it won't be completely from Germany.

China is advancing in every area, but at some point, it needs to evaluate how much better is an improvement going to be and how vital that improvement would be.

S-400 is better than HQ-9, but is that improvement necessary to take out an enemy? Not necessarily. HQ-9 is potent enough for most situations. Why spend money on that, if it's not vital, and it can be bought to be put into places that may need it.

On the other hand Chinese subs have AIP, Russian ones don't. Submarine warfare is obviously a place China feels strongly about. Same thing about our fighter program. J-20 in service, T-50, not so much.

China may never stop importing, truth be told, nor should we want to. Focus all resources on the key items, all the rest should instead be purchased.

Right, right, so there is no need for some Indian members here to ever feel belittled by the dependency issues on the weaponry importation... see China is also still importing, so basically the two largest population are in the same league. This fact alone will make India on par with China in the development stage.

I hope above lines will appease your anxiety if any and instead will prop your self-confidence :coffee:

---------
'Ignorance is bliss, reality is not.'

https://sputniknews.com/military/201703131051520409-china-j20-fighters-engines/

BEIJING (Sputnik) — The J-20 is a stealth, twinjet, fifth-generation fighter developed by China's Chengdu Aerospace Corporation for the People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF). Its first flight was carried out in January 2011 and was presented at Airshow China-2016 last year.

"It will not take a long time for our fifth-generation combat plane to have China-made engines… The engine's development is proceeding well," Chen Xiangbao said, as quoted by the China Daily newspaper.

Chen noted that the AECC had already begun developing a next-generation aviation engine with a higher thrust-to-weight characteristics.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201703211051795588-russia-deliveries-no-s400-china/
MOSCOW (Sputnik) — FSMTC spokeswoman Maria Vorobyeva told reporters that Russia and China are implementing the S-400 Triumf delivery contract "in strict accordance with its terms and conditions."

"The deliveries will be made within the deadlines secured in the relevant documents," Vorobyeva said a day after a Russian lawmaker told local radio that S-400 supplies to China got underway.

Vladimir Gutenev later clarified to online media that the S-400 were at the production stage and not at the stage of delivery.

Indians provide perfect excuses to buy more Russian weapons. Well done. There's a pattern that if you want India to buy more weapons just sell some weapons to China or Pakistan. Further more it's a cruel reality that India has to keep buying most of the weapons in next decades. So it will be the everyday work for them.

To be frank, I don't worry anything about China's weaponry industries. In the same time, Pakistan is gradually building up their own whole weaponry industries that is what we are glad to see.

I think till now S-400 is not exported to any country,not even India...
But S-400 is very effective,mainly to shoot out stealth fighters such as F-22..
Good luck china...

No it is S500 not for export. China is getting S400? i don't think so i think they are talking about S500.

The Russian military will start deploying S-500 missile systems in 2016, with a total of 10 batteries to be ordered.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-500_missile_system

10:34
RUSSIA TO DELIVER 10 SU-35 FIGHTER JETS TO CHINA THIS YEAR - UNITED AIRCRAFT CORPORATION HEAD

11:12
Russia negotiating joint aircraft design projects with India, China - Slyusar

https://sputniknews.com/military/201704111052526342-su-35-russia-china/

China will receive 10 supermaneuverable Su-35 fighters from Russia in 2017.
MOSCOW (Sputnik) — Russia's United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) will supply 10 Su-35 4++ generation aircraft to China in 2017, UAC President Yuri Slyusar said Tuesday.

"Our traditional buyer of 4++ generation aircraft is China. In 2017, we will supply ten Su-35 aircraft to China's Defense Ministry," Slyusar said, as aired by the Rossiya 24 broadcaster.

In 2015, China became the first country to order the Su-35 aircraft, ordering 24 vehicles worth $2 billion. On Wednesday, reports emerged that Russia has already delivered four Su-35 aircraft to China.

The Su-35 fighter is a 4++ generation aircraft employing technologies of the fifth generation, designed by the Sukhoi Aviation Holding Company, which belongs to Russia's United Aircraft Corporation. The first experimental Su-35 was first presented at Russia’s MAKS-2007 air show and was later introduced to a foreign audience at the 2013 Paris Air Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=58&v=kOuboLyGzuA

Back
Top Bottom