What's new

China's orders for Russian weapons tops $8 bln - FSMTC

mnd

Reaction score
??? ??????? ?????? ?? ??????? ? ?? ?-400, ???????? "?????????" | ??????? ? ???????????? | ????? ???????? "??? ???????"
(sorry for poor translation)

China has made a request for the purchase of Russian aircraft engines AL-117S and advanced anti-aircraft missile system s-400, writes on Tuesday newspaper "vedomosti", referring to the official MOD and a source close to the "Rosoboronexport.

After the visit of Russian Defense Minister Anatoly serdyukov in China, held two weeks ago, a new package of proposals in the field of Chinese military-technical cooperation has been reached. The Chinese side made a petition for the purchase of aircraft engines 117S (modernised version of the engine AL-31F, designed for the Su-35) and advanced anti-aircraft missile system S-400
The russian side is ready to hold talks about the 117S purchase. But the export of S-400 systems is only possible after 2017, because of production limits, and because they have to enter service with Russia first.

This year, State by State banks and State guarantee funds the credit building three new factories of AA "Almaz-antei"-a new production plant in St. Petersburg, Obukhiv, new production on the basis of the Nizhniy Novgorod engineering plant in Nizhny Novgorod and plant "Avitek in Kirov. If these plans are implemented, then the order of China may be fullfilled after 2017, said an official of the Ministry of Defense.

On Tuesday in Beijing has 15 meeting of the Russian-Chinese Intergovernmental Commission on military and technical cooperation, which was received by the Minister of defence of the Russian Federation. Serdyukov, together with the Vice-President of the Central Military Council, PRC-Gen. Th Bosûn signed a Protocol defining the future direction of development of relations between the two countries in the military and technical sphere. First of all, it is the implementation of contracts for the supply of spare parts for air defence systems, aviation and naval technology and the development of products for the Chinese side through development.

I think till now S-400 is not exported to any country,not even India...
But S-400 is very effective,mainly to shoot out stealth fighters such as F-22..
Good luck china...

Unfortunately China doesn't make for a very good customer. We insist on being taught how to make the wares, as a condition for buying.

Precisely, and I am glad India is beginning to follow China's path wrt Tech Transfer

You heard about the RD-33 jet engines being sold to china(& Pakistan) and India, right?
It is about the money of course.
But Rd-33 is just a Engine,it's not a game changer as S-400 or Brahmos or PAk-Fa
I think Russia sells normal things like Engines and others to Both india and china..
But game changers like Brahmos,Vikramaditya,Pak-FA,and leasing of Nuclear subs,Akula class to India...wat do u think??

But Rd-33 is just a Engine,it's not a game changer as S-400 or Brahmos or PAk-Fa
I think Russia sells normal things like Engines and others to Both india and china..
But game changers like Brahmos,Vikramaditya,Pak-FA,and leasing of Nuclear subs,Akula class to India...wat do u think??

Would you consider Sukhois and Migs (along with all sorts of missiles) as game changers, since they have been sold to China and India?
It's hard to pin point where Russia would draw the line, the bottom line is India needs to balance its suppliers in order to keep its options open and continue to develop its own defense systems.

People focus too much on the sexy bits of gear, I'd argue that engine design and robust guidance electronics are more important than receiving finished products.

The SY-400 (also called the HQ-19) was at least 50% developed and funded by China.

It is a joint project, so China can either produce it or order it.

Back
Top Bottom