What's new

China's orders for Russian weapons tops $8 bln - FSMTC

Janes reported that China funded and participated in the development of the S-400 system.

The SY-400 (also called the HQ-19) was at least 50% developed and funded by China.

It is a joint project, so China can either produce it or order it.

Janes states that, "There have been unconfirmed reports". For all we know these 'unconfirmed' reports could be from strategy page or some other low quality source.

You guys shouldn't be cheering now, as only the final delivery of these engines will signify J-XX's entrance into its test phase. Even then, I'd still wait a year or 2 for them to sort out the compatibility problems.

In any case, this is a step forward for J-XX, so grats are in order.

Janes states that, "There have been unconfirmed reports". For all we know these 'unconfirmed' reports could be from strategy page or some other low quality source.

Well i do hope, Jane's itself is not that low quality source to be quoting from low quality sources about these unconfirmed source.

Jane's is a well respected and good quality source of information related to defence.

And there is nothing bad, even if Russia accepted the money and made something for the Chinese or a joint project, it helps both sides. Russia would have needed money to make more advanced system for itself, and China would have gotten something for its own defence too.

You guys shouldn't be cheering now, as only the final delivery of these engines will signify J-XX's entrance into its test phase. Even then, I'd still wait a year or 2 for them to sort out the compatibility problems.

In any case, this is a step forward for J-XX, so grats are in order.

They can still test the prototypes with a weaker engine.

Do you guys think that China has other ultrasecret programmes that we don't know about?

Indeed, but CCP would like to keep everything in low profile, it will show off when it is necessary and contingent. It is always good to keep more Aces in your hands. :D

In case if they don,t get it i think they will bring a chinese version in market

China has made a request for the purchase of Russian aircraft engines AL-117S and advanced anti-aircraft missile system s-400, writes on Tuesday newspaper "vedomosti", referring to the official MOD and a source close to the "Rosoboronexport.

The Chinese side made a petition for the purchase of aircraft engines 117S (modernised version of the engine AL-31F, designed for the Su-35)

So this engine for their future aircraft's ???? J14, J15, Jxx ???????

Last edited:

So this engine for their future aircraft's ???? J14, J15 ???????

Nope, do you think we would just scrape our prestigious project that has been worked for over 20 years, and go to buy for some second hand product?

Nope, do you think we would just scrape our prestigious project that has been worked for over 20 years, and go to buy for some second hand product?

Well i dnt think so .. but take an example of JF17..... China still using Russian engine and their own version is under development so may be Chinese gov want AL-117s engine till their own engine is under development .

Back
Top Bottom