What's new

China's Military modernization: the Russian Factor

So what if the Ruskies were the first to go into space. Who were the first to the Moon, to Mars, to send orbiters to the edge of the Solar System. Who is the father of Astronautics today, who? The Egyptians sailed down one stream trading along a known location. If you were to send them to England, boy would they be lost.

If you can't behave appropriately on the forums, I recommend you to reconsider your stay here. Remember, Indians have brown faces, meaning people crap on them everyday.

In the past, there were cultures that has achievements. We can all go back to a certain point in time and talk about how that culture or civilization is the powerful, influencial or advanced for the time. However, those are historical debates and exercises. To talk about whta affect the moder generation of military technology, or most advance technology for that matter, the US provided the most contribution. I know you hate America or jealous of US achievement. So unless someone prove otherwise, the US is still number 1 in technology (all major fields):usflag: And this will remain so for the forseeable future. This is a fact that you cannot deny or refute for eloquence.

Quote:

"It wasn't, perhaps i should have made myself more clear. The moon has some gravitational pull, one sixth of the earths, thus it would take little effort from the thrusters to pull away from the moon's surface. With absolutely no gravity the astronauts would simply float away. However, they were able to take large leaps."

Read carefully next time, in my earlier post i said the rover and astranauts didn't float away because: 1. the moon has some pull and 2. the astranauts were not stationary.

The astronauts, nor the rover were stationary, so i fail to see what your trying to prove. The moon has some pull, thus the astranauts and rover did not float away

If you live around an English environment, you'd know that "lifting off" is a very colloquial term meant for anything. But since we were discussing in the context of V2 rockets, obviously we were talking about controlled flight.

Don't talk your way out of it, i know what lift off means esspecially when talking in the context of rockets and flight. You were trying to say without the Wright Brothers the Germans wouldn't have been able to get their rockets off the ground.

And without the US pioneering flight with the arrival of the Wright's, how would your V2's have lifted off?

So what if the Ruskies were the first to go into space. Who were the first to the Moon, to Mars, to send orbiters to the edge of the Solar System. Who is the father of Astronautics today, who? The Egyptians sailed down one stream trading along a known location. If you were to send them to England, boy would they be lost.

So what if the Ruskies were the first to go into space? You brag about how the Wright brothers were the first to fly and how Americans were the first to come up with computers (which they weren't), but being the first to go to space is no big deal? To this day rockets and shuttles blow up trying to get into space. Your quick to discredit everyone but Americans.....oh the Germans pioneers rockets but American were the first to perfect the guidence systems...are you serious?. :cheesy:

Russians were the first to mars:

The first successful objects to land on the surface were two Soviet probes, Mars 2 and Mars 3

Mars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to "space daily" the father of astronautics was a Russian:

In 2007, the world will mark the 150th anniversary of the birth of Russian scientist Konstantin Tsiolkovsky, the father of astronautics and formulator of the jet propulsion theory, as well as the 50th anniversary of the Soviet Union's launch of the first space satellite in history. Consequently, all eyes will once again turn to Russia's space program

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkllgf...m/reports/Russia_Rocket_Policy_Chaos_999.html

Do some reasearch before you post because it's getting rediculous. First it was the Americans came up with the first computers, then it was American created the first television, then it was Americans were the first to Mars, then it was your Astronautics claim.

How many more times do i need to correct you?

Last edited:
Read carefully next time, in my earlier post i said the rover and astranauts didn't float away because: 1. the moon has some pull and 2. the astranauts were not stationary.

Don't talk your way out of it, i know what lift off means esspecially when talking in the context of rockets and flight. You were trying to say without the Wright Brothers the Germans wouldn't have been able to get their rockets off the ground.

So what if the Ruskies were the first to go into space? You brag about how the Wright brothers were the first to fly and how Americans were the first to come up with computers (which they weren't), but being the first to go to space is no big deal? To this day rockets and shuttles blow up trying to get into space. Your quick to discredit everyone but Americans.....oh the Germans pioneers rockets but American were the first to perfect the guidence systems...are you serious?. :cheesy:

Russians were the first to mars:

Mars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to "space daily" the father of astronautics was a Russian:

Astronautics - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia

Do some reasearch before you post because it's getting rediculous. First it was the Americans came up with the first computers, then it was American created the first television, then it was Americans were the first to Mars, then it was your Astronautics claim.

How many more times do i need to correct you?

No need to correct me anymore. After you redirected me to UNCYCLOPEDIA, you just made the biggest joke about yourself, though you did prove yourself to be quite funny, linking me to a parody website. Game well played partner.

No need to correct me anymore. After you redirected me to UNCYCLOPEDIA, you just made the biggest joke about yourself, though you did prove yourself to be quite funny, linking me to a parody website. Game well played partner.

I put the wrong link up, now it's fixed: notice how i said according to "space daily" here is the link to space daily.

Russia's Rocket Policy Chaos

And another source to put the iceing on the cake:

Russian rocket expert, generally considered to be the father of astronautics and rocket dynamics.

Making the Modern World - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom