What's new

China's Front Line Fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point in fighting guys. Please someone provide current status of Chinese front line aircrafts. I think this is hard to answer as China always keep things locked up, not even common chinese know about exact number of fighter aircrafts. We can only predict.

That's right. China will never show all her cards. The only thing we rely on is to guess the general indications. W''ll never know e.g. how many J-10A or J-11B are already in service...

RAHUL INDIAN..except for mki and later on m-2000/MIG-29 upgrades what else is there. (lca/mrca when completely is inducted officially we'll talk about it)

Where as Chinese have su27/J-11B/J-11 other variants coming up all will be upgraded/SU-30 will be upgraded/JH-7/j-10A/B all will goes through upgrades. wait for next 4-6 or lets drag it to 8 years for new specs..
by that time mig-27/jaguars will be half past their recent upgrades and recent phase of upgrades and no more upgrade are/will be possible, too old airframes.
mirage 2000 has its last upgrades coming up upgrades best till 2023 i say.
mig-29 well i can't say anything india will drag it as long as they did with mig-21s perhaps till 2030.
Overall iaf has an old inventory will massive replacement will be on the line by 2022 for the replacement of jaguars/mig-27/harriers/upgrades mig-29 perhaps atleast 230-260 planes.
by 2020 J-10a/b will be far superior to mirage 2000, equally good to mig-29 perhaps some of them more superior, su27/j-11 variants/su-30 majority will be AESA equipped, JH-7 naval strike will be equally superior..China is slowly replacing Q-5/J-7 earlier variants and life will end probably by 2018 in PLAAF.
so lets assess i could be wrong with dates i do not claim any specific year/dates but be assured this is going to take place PLAAF will not sit idle when it comes to upgrades/updates.
SU-27/SU-30/J-11 variants AESA/PESA against mki/mrca
J-10A/B AESA against mki/lca
JH-7 PESA
FC-1 PESA against lca
J-8/J-7/q-5??

Realistically india will be behind China in next 5+ years to Chinese Air Power considering massive funds multiple manufacturing plants. All comes to massive Defense R&D and funds both ways india is crippled, no need to argue about it you're good at imports and assembling no doubt, indian members should not become emotional.

That's right. China will never show all her cards. The only thing we rely on is to guess the general indications. W''ll never know e.g. how many J-10A or J-11B are already in service...

May be 500 jxx with you .... its true who knows:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

RAHUL INDIAN..except for mki and later on m-2000/MIG-29 upgrades what else is there. (lca/mrca when completely is inducted officially we'll talk about it)

Where as Chinese have su27/J-11B/J-11 other variants coming up all will be upgraded/SU-30 will be upgraded/JH-7/j-10A/B all will goes through upgrades. wait for next 4-6 or lets drag it to 8 years for new specs..
by that time mig-27/jaguars will be half past their recent upgrades and recent phase of upgrades and no more upgrade are/will be possible, too old airframes.
mirage 2000 has its last upgrades coming up upgrades best till 2023 i say.
mig-29 well i can't say anything india will drag it as long as they did with mig-21s perhaps till 2030.
Overall iaf has an old inventory will massive replacement will be on the line by 2022 for the replacement of jaguars/mig-27/harriers/upgrades mig-29 perhaps atleast 230-260 planes.
by 2020 J-10a/b will be far superior to mirage 2000, equally good to mig-29 perhaps some of them more superior, su27/j-11 variants/su-30 majority will be AESA equipped, JH-7 naval strike will be equally superior..China is slowly replacing Q-5/J-7 earlier variants and life will end probably by 2018 in PLAAF.
so lets assess i could be wrong with dates i do not claim any specific year/dates but be assured this is going to take place PLAAF will not sit idle when it comes to upgrades/updates.
SU-27/SU-30/J-11 variants AESA/PESA against mki/mrca
J-10A/B AESA against mki/lca
JH-7 PESA
FC-1 PESA against lca
J-8/J-7/q-5??

Realistically india will be behind China in next 5+ years to Chinese Air Power considering massive funds multiple manufacturing plants. All comes to massive Defense R&D and funds both ways india is crippled, no need to argue about it you're good at imports and assembling no doubt, indian members should not become emotional.

buddy if u want to talk about 2020 so take MRCA , LCA mk2 and FGFA,PAK FA in account so whole thing gona change there
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can't just do a direct comparison. China needs to worry about multiple fronts.

russia - sk/japan - taiwan strait - se asia

So it's planes will be divided. currently you prob wont see more than 200 4th gen aircraft along borders with india.

So it's planes will be divided. currently you prob wont see more than 200 4th gen aircraft along borders with india.

u have not even plane that can counter miks of india and talking 200 is enough:rofl::rofl:

buddy if u want to talk about 2020 so take MRCA , LCA mk2 and FGFA,PAK FA in account so whole thing gona change there
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why Indians generally like to live in the future. We are talking about the present, ok? I know from other sources that there're plenty of upgrades going on with old J-8...

... but when you imagine 2020 as you prefer, the picture even looks more depressive for India, vis-a-via China: JXX should have been there about the time. Then China, USA and Russia are the only 3 countries capable of building 5th gen. Also it's widely rumoured that JXX would come along with 2 versions, in contrast with F-22/F-35 pair. Since Sino-Russian deal on Su33 is indefinitely onhold or almost cancelled, many Chinese sources believe China is building her own version of navy jet - another 4th/5th gen? Further, who knows, maybe some secret base somwhere in China is busy at building the Super J-10, etc... in 2020, it won't surprise me that China would be rolling out J-10 C/D (?) and/or J-11 C/D(?) upgrates.

All in all within a decade, most of China's eletronics, avionics, radar key technologies would have an achieveable possiblity to be on par with the best of the EU - surpassing that of Russia, having air-to-air missiles (includ. BVR) as one of the best in the world, with a great progress in indigenous engines which could power her own jets, should current massive R&D trend continues. By that time, there's almost no way that India could purchase her way to enjoy some qualitative lead on China because most of the best tech that USA and the EU possess won't be for sale.

Why Indians generally like to live in the future. We are talking about the present, ok? I know from other sources that there're plenty of upgrades going on with old J-8...

... but when you imagine 2020 as you prefer, the picture even looks more depressive for India, vis-a-via China: JXX should have been there about the time. Then China, USA and Russia are the only 3 countries capable of building 5th gen. Also it's widely rumoured that JXX would come along with 2 versions, in contrast with F-22/F-35 pair. Since Sino-Russian deal on Su33 is indefinitely onhold or almost cancelled, many Chinese sources believe China is building her own version of navy jet - another 4th/5th gen? Further, who knows, maybe some secret base somwhere in China is busy at building the Super J-10, etc... in 2020, it won't surprise me that China would be rolling out J-10 C/D (?) and/or J-11 C/D(?) upgrates.

All in all within a decade, most of China's eletronics, avionics, radar key technologies would have an achieveable possiblity to be on par with the best of the EU - surpassing that of Russia, having air-to-air missiles (includ. BVR) as one of the best in the world, with a great progress in indigenous engines which could power her own jets, should current massive R&D trend continues. By that time, there's almost no way that India could purchase her way to enjoy some qualitative lead on China because most of the best tech that USA and the EU possess won't be for sale.

i dont want to live in future... but Mr. luftwaffe asking about future of PLAAf so m just replying him

According to the way China does things, I can reasonablely assume that incoming JXX is not as prohibitively expensive as F-22A. Therefore, I can easily see the possibility of 200 or so JXX, if not more, in the air a decade later. Across the East China Sea in comparison , I can't imagine there would be more than 3 squatrons of F-22A stationing in Okinawa at that time.

China's aviation industry/manufactering only uses about 15% production capacity nowadays, to avoid US/Soviet style cold war madness. When operating at the full capacity, however, China could chunk out about 30 or so warplanes (4th gen) per WEEK, that's about 4 per DAY!

I will not comment on 4 planes a day, but in war when there is heavy attrition of men and machine, how will you produce pilots at the same rate as you make airplanes? They have to be trained over a long period of time if you know what I mean. Unless ofcourse planes fly themselves in China.

Last edited:
u have not even plane that can counter miks of india and talking 200 is enough:rofl::rofl:

I said currently since production of J-10 and J-11 is ongoing. Won't go into MKIs but 200 J-10 and J-11 is enough to give adversaries a good fight if staying in one's air space and integrated with AWAC and ground SAM like S-300.

Even 200 is a generous figure as I think alot of J-11 and J-10 will be diverted to watch Sk/Japan/Taiwan.

I feel that the PLAAF is going to stopgap this with more long range missiles such as S-300 and their own developed versions for the present time being. The east coast is still more important to them

300 jets crashed in 20years.:lol:Yes, very good quality. I dont know why indian cant stop talking big and turn back to the real world? Is that so hard to do that?

If Chinese were to go strictly by what is available in public domain they wont be able to speak at all. Who knows what number of aircraft China has lost over the years? Mao's boys will swear that the number looks like zero & all evidence to the contrary is doctored.

According to the way China does things, I can reasonablely assume that incoming JXX is not as prohibitively expensive as F-22A. Therefore, I can easily see the possibility of 200 or so JXX, if not more, in the air a decade later. Across the East China Sea in comparison , I can't imagine there would be more than 3 squatrons of F-22A stationing in Okinawa at that time.

I was talking about planes that are assigned to defend against India/SE asia. Also I used 4th gen to refer to china 3rd gen.

200 Jxx is enough only if it is of comparable aircraft to F-22. I think you also need a low end one that you can produce as cheaply as J-10Bs, as US will field F-35 in large numbers and Japan will be interested too.

I also think J-10 will eventually become J-7 of the old PLAAF, massively produced at low price. They might want to do it with J-10B. J-11 numbers will be large like the case with J-8. Then the number of 5th gen fighters will prob be comparable to number of J-10 and J-11s currently fielded.

truefriend...I'm not your buddy.

2020 mrca barely you would have inducted 50, long time to pak-fa so relax don't troll, m-2000 consider how long would it take to upgrade 54 or so won't take a month though, mig-29 upgrades and the recent for naval purchases add 2-3 years, first certify for induction of your lca 1 in good numbers than we'll talk about paper planes called lca mk2 puff.

In the end you couldn't even fully operationalize lca in how many years? and you are talking about mrca/lca mk2/fgfa/pakfa in 8 years are you out of your mind? feed the needy and poor you are one of them as well, you mean to fool forum members that in 8 years you will induct 500 planes? you're not short of bozo the clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom