What's new

China's first gen nuclear subs and its father

The father of China's nuclear subs: Mr. Huang Xuhua, a native man from Guangdong.

The Type 091: About 5 boats being built, and the submerged displacement around 5700 tons.

The Type 092: About 1 boat being built (but there are rumor suggested that 4 boats being built for its class as A/B/C/D), and the submerged displacement around 8000 tons.

View attachment 188342

View attachment 188343

View attachment 188344
How he made submarines and how he came to that position.Any relation with Mao or CCP?

There is no university anywhere in the world today that will teach you how to build a nuclear sub, so what difference does it make where he graduated?

The bottom line is that he is smart.

Last time I checked, there are plenty of Indian students studying in the West. Where is India's fleet of nuclear subs I wonder?

Our universities are going up in the world rankings and publications

65c4860094adf78f7fb51f2743181c4b.gif

We also have our students studying in the best colleges in USA
Chinese outstrip Indians in Ivy League - The Times of India

I've checked India has its own "indigenous" nuke sub which takes about 1 decade to build and it is now in sea trial
India’s first indigenous nuclear submarine gears up for maiden sea trials - The Times of India

Last edited:
Seawolf is the best. Virginia is a budget version of seawolf as seawolf is too expensive sub to produce. Technical speaking seawolf is superior to Virginia.
Well if true than Type 95 if went according to plan will be Game Changer @Horus

On wiki it says TYPE 95 is also being built

The Type 095 is being built nowadays, but China's first gen nuclear sub has been started since the 1960s.

How he made submarines and how he came to that position.Any relation with Mao or CCP?

No any relation, just anyone who was suitable to take this project in charge.

Yes, it will be a sub finally matching Seawolf or surpass it in terms of technology.

China right now is the first country to truly master the technology of the 4th gen nuclear reactor, so to build the Seawolf class equivalent boomer is not a big deal.

Today, the civilian technology goes ahead of the military one, so the 4th gen nuclear reactor is no less complicated than the Seawolf class.

.....umm....maybe the Chinese should aspire to matching our (UK's) nuclear subs. Remember in sea tests against a US Virginia class sub, the British Astute class had the upper hand over its American rival in that the American sub was unable to prevent the Astute from tracking it.
Remember the detection sensors on the UK Astute class are so sensitive, that they can pick up a ship leaving a US East board harbour, all the way from the English channel. :-)

Last edited:
.....umm....maybe the Chinese should aspire to matching our (UK's) nuclear subs. Remember in sea tests against a US Virginia class sub, the British Astute class had the upper hand over its American rival in that the American sub was unable to prevent the Astute from tracking it.
Remember the detection sensors on the UK Astute class are so sensitive, that they can pick up a ship leaving a US East board harbour, all the way from the English channel. :-)
Astute even need America assistance before it can be completed.

There is no university anywhere in the world today that will teach you how to build a nuclear sub, so what difference does it make where he graduated?

The bottom line is that he is smart.

Last time I checked, there are plenty of Indian students studying in the West. Where is India's fleet of nuclear subs I wonder?

They will be ready in the future. India do plan to build 4 Ahrihant class subs.

Back
Top Bottom