What's new

China's first gen nuclear subs and its father

Astute even need America assistance before it can be completed.

True........UK had some assistance with the setup of the 'Astute' programme at the beginning from the US........BUT the Astute class is a wholly British design.
Anyway, you missed my point.............. in that their are other worthy, advanced submarines, outside of the US Navy!

It will be very interesting to see how many, nuclear subs the Chinese build in the next 10 years or so.........how good they will be, well we won't know will we, but I believe they will be comparable to the best subs of other nations! :-)

True........UK had some assistance with the setup of the 'Astute' programme at the beginning from the US........BUT the Astute class is a wholly British design.
Anyway, you missed my point.............. in that their are other worthy, advanced submarines, outside of the US Navy!

It will be very interesting to see how many, nuclear subs the Chinese build in the next 10 years or so.........how good they will be, well we won't know will we, but I believe they will be comparable to the best subs of other nations! :-)

you'll know they are caught up for the most part when PLAN starts ordering a bunch of them. like the 052C which had 2 units, then they got used to em and built a bunch more. nuclear Subs atm is still a weak spot for china(compared to the US/UK and latest from russia), as with other project engines are still a challenge, frankly if the next generation matches the current virginia class(or ballpark of) then it would be considered a major breakthrough.

It is amazing that we are able to build nuclear submarine based on two toys bought from the US. It was this inspiration that lift us up during period of extreme sanction in the 1980.

Back
Top Bottom