What's new

China's defense budget to grow 7.5% in 2010: spokesman

I don't see how one line is a rant. Also my statement is true, China do not report there real military budget, it's a well known fact. google it.

So whats the big deal ? China is threatend by US proxies while having India in the backyard too.

Even if China reports the actual budget who can stop her from spending.

xdrive, neither does the USA or many other countries. That's the ball park figure, if it's announced around 1.5% of GDP equivalent, then it's anywhere between 1.5% ~ 2%, which has been the case for china for years. One thing we know for sure is we are not spending 4% as the US does.

The USA actually does report it's full defence spending. The budget gets released to the public, plus the senate has to vote on the budget.

The Chinese defence budget last year was 70.64 billion dollars, the correct figure is estimated to be 120 billion dollars.

doesnt make any difference to taiwan no matter how much chinese spends .its uncle sam pressure ,,china cant afford any blunder ..

So whats the big deal ? China is threatend by US proxies while having India in the backyard too.

Even if China reports the actual budget who can stop her from spending.

It's not a big deal, i am just simply stating the fact that China doesn't report it's actual defence spending, i thought it was relevant tot he thread since it's about Chinas defence spending.

It's disappointing to hear the 7.5% increase. Haven't we been Xiaobaitu long enough?

if this is like that,then why the indian neighbours starts crying when we increase budjet

The Chinese defence budget last year was 70.64 billion dollars, the correct figure is estimated to be 120 billion dollars.

ok mr banned stupid@ xdrive...where did you get the correct figure from? same crystal ball in your sister's room?

ok mr banned stupid@ xdrive...where did you get the correct figure from? same crystal ball in your sister's room?

plz don't get personal and also no need to bring sister and mother into this.

thanks

It's still an increase, why so upset? I don't understand why people treat this as some kind of 'cut', I know it's not as a large increase as last year, but remember the world is still struggling to come out a recession and the military still has more money than last year.

The government still continues to reduce the serving personnel numbers so that'll reduce the spending on wages and increase on equipments. Besides, more money diverted to education etc will help us in the long run, we'll come out fine in the end, just be patient! :-)

and more funds to rebuild Sichuan

China budgets 1.05 trln yuan of fiscal deficit for 2010

* Source: Xinhua
* [08:28 March 05 2010]
* Comments

China budgets 1.05 trillion yuan ( $154.4 billion ) of fiscal deficit this year to support economic growth as government revenue will fall significantly short of expenditures, says a government work report to be delivered by Premier Wen Jiabao at the parliament's annual session Friday.

Last edited:
Justin Joseph..what so personal in it? i am not those indian/west members who cuss and abuse sisters/mothers i said crystal balls read my post..always negatively up your heads every time you indians take things out of context..

It's still an increase, why so upset? I don't understand why people treat this as some kind of 'cut', I know it's not as a large increase as last year, but remember the world is still struggling to come out a recession and the military still has more money than last year.

The government still continues to reduce the serving personnel numbers so that'll reduce the spending on wages and increase on equipments. Besides, more money diverted to education etc will help us in the long run, we'll come out fine in the end, just be patient! :-)

well said :tup:
i dont support big spending in military. Bear in mind one fighter less we may have one school more. i'd rather see competition in economy or even sport field than in military field.

Back
Top Bottom