What's new

China's 'Come to Jesus' Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was born in the 80's. why is age important here? did i write anything factually wrong?

So you are 10 years younger than me.

I had to ask your age to keep your breathtaking naïvete "in perspective".

I am not besmirching this vaunted "internet age". After all, what else am I doing here other than bantering words with you?

But have you even heard of the "Cultural Revolution"?

Do you really think this new "connectedness" is qualitatively different from 铺天盖地的大字报? Radically different, maybe.

But "New Man" kinda different?

Let me ask you another question: is there anyone in your direct, immediate family who had personal experience in the Cultural Revolution?

christianity is an evil satanic religion.

the entire point of christianity is preaching death and destruction.
its an extremist religion.

christianity should be outlawed in china.

christianity is devil worshipping religion.
pure evil.

Man, when you quote that "oceanx" guy I can see his responses. :lol:

(He's on my ignore list btw).

It's pretty much his job to piss of every other Chinese member here, although he might have a personal stake in this discussion.... because if memory serves, he is a Christian himself.

Still "pissing you off", lil dragon? Shouldn't you change name to "little elephant"? Doesn't your aunt talk to you about forgiveness? No turning the other cheek?

My loss I guess. I do apologize for the depth of "hurt", though, for whatever it's worth.

Through Religion is a personal matter and if some Chinese embrace it let them,however China is a secular state and will remain that way.

...updates or service packs like the Windows from Microsoft?

I think it's called a vision. :P

pure evil.

Religion in general should be outlawed everywhere.

Maybe because Buddhism is actually compatible with Atheism? (Buddhism does not recognize the existence of any all-powerful creator God).

God in Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the same applies to Confucianism. Taoism could be as well, though it depends on the interpretation. None of these philosophies, have an "all-powerful creator God" like the Abrahamic religions do.

Hey mate I was wondering about this from long time. Whats is the reason for this, why people are leaving their way of believing in life and nature and pursing for other (religious) path ? I still don't understand , I was under impression that with more prosperity in China people will become more atheist. That's what is happening in other part of words.
If you have any idea I like to listen to it , please PM me if you don't want to type here.

So you are 10 years younger than me.

I had to ask your age to keep your breathtaking naïvete "in perspective".

I am not besmirching this vaunted "internet age". After all, what else am I doing here other than bantering words with you?

But have you even heard of the "Cultural Revolution"?

Do you really think this new "connectedness" is qualitatively different from 铺天盖地的大字报? Radically different, maybe.

But "New Man" kinda different?

Let me ask you another question: is there anyone in your direct, immediate family who had personal experience in the Cultural Revolution?

前事不忘,后事之师。我们需要时刻警惕对任何狂热和盲目崇拜,It is this kind of zealousness and belief without reason causes so much pain in our history.

子曰敬鬼神而远之 古之人不余欺也

I think it's called a vision. :P

Religion in general should be outlawed everywhere.

Outlawing it usually ends up not getting rid of it through eroding it like in Russia where Religion was banned during soviet times. look at Europe example through centuries as the heart of Christianity today it's turning Agnostic and Atheist while Russia on the other hand is experiencing a sort of religious revival.

pure evil.

The fact that you believe there is evil says something curious. Talking about the "devil", and the "satanic" is like brandishing the lingo.

Even US becomes less and less Christian. I don't think China will become a Christian country. Let's stay secular and hopefully China doesn't turn into South Korea. There're a lot rural people in China praying for God but I don't call them Christian. They simply hope that God will bless their pig farm. There's a well known joke (real story) in China that a guy went out in Christmas day, when asked where he was going, he said: "It is Christmas, I need to go to the temple to worship GuanYu 二爷“。 When western things reach China (and Japan), it is always twisted to fit local people's need. If real Christians take a look of how Chinese farmers practice Christianity , I am sure they want to bang their heads against the wall really hard:hitwall:.

前事不忘,后事之师。我们需要时刻警惕对任何狂热和盲目崇拜,It is this kind of zealousness and belief without reason causes so much pain in our history.

子曰敬鬼神而远之 古之人不余欺也

I don't entirely disagree with that at all!

It's just that I believe there is more to it.

And to each his own.

religious nuts are the problem with this world.

christian extremists, muslim extremists, hindu extremists, jewish extremists. etc.

fcuk all religions.

Hey mate I was wondering about this from long time. Whats is the reason for this, why people are leaving their way of believing in life and nature and pursing for other (religious) path ? I still don't understand , I was under impression that with more prosperity in China people will become more atheist. That's what is happening in other part of words.
If you have any idea I like to listen to it , please PM me if you don't want to type here.

Well it has to do with shifting ideologies and policies throught recent Chinese history.

The idea now (which I agree with) is to find some kind of balance.

The end result will probably be the overwhelming majority of the population staying as Atheists, with a minority of people who practice Taoism/Confucianism/Buddism, and also a much smaller percentage of people who follow the Abrahamic religions. So basically it will stay similar to the current status quo, except with some atheists finding religion, and with some religious people becoming atheists.

Though personally I have noticed the trend that the younger generation is much more likely to become atheist.

The fact that you believe there is evil says something curious. Talking about the "devil", and the "satanic" is like brandishing the lingo.

There is logical flaw in almost any kind of religion's bible. How can you convince yourself/other that you are right?

Secondly, why can you judge others to be evil? That's a very big word for the Christians to use. According to your "god", god says to human "not to judge". You are no more than human, so how could you judge your equals?

Even US becomes less and less Christian. I don't think China will become a Christian country. Let's stay secular and hopefully China doesn't turn into South Korea. There're a lot rural people in China praying for God but I don't call them Christian. They simply hope that God will bless their pig farm. There's a well known joke (real story) in China that a guy went out in Christmas day, when asked where he was going, he said: "It is Christmas, I need to go to the temple to worship GuanYu 二爷“。 When western things reach China (and Japan), it is always twisted to fit local people's need. If real Christians take a look of how Chinese farmers practice Christianity , I am sure they want to bang their heads against the wall really hard:hitwall:.

Western Countries in General are becoming Atheistic and Agnostic. Through China will remain majority Atheist likely the Rural Population experiences a boom in this which is why it's best to educate and develop the population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom