What's new

China's 'Come to Jesus' Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just answer a simple question:

Why is atheist Sweden and Singapore much richer than highly religious Uganda and Philippines, both devout Christian nations?

Why is God richly rewarding infidels and punishing his believers so harshly?

I wouldn't confuse secular countries where those who practice "religion" may be a statistical minority with outwardly "religious" countries where the majority may not be "faithful" for all you know.

As for your second question, it's not even a question for us - or at least shouldn't be. It's not our place to question why the rain falls on the fields of "unbelievers" and believers alike.

The word "infidel" is not used much I'm afraid.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

CPC doesn't trust the Christianity, end of story. :coffee:

That's why I consider OP's "labour" fake news. The baboo doesn't under that 统战 is not conversion.

I would definitely be worried if it is.

After comparing all the stories about different religions, I found Buddhism is the least self-arrogant and more of ancient wisdom but no more than high school physics.

Maybe because Buddhism is actually compatible with Atheism? (Buddhism does not recognize the existence of any all-powerful creator God).

God in Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the same applies to Confucianism. Taoism could be as well, though it depends on the interpretation. None of these philosophies, have an "all-powerful creator God" like the Abrahamic religions do.

Mr. FairAndUnbiased, Sir,

I am surprised at you asking such a question. Don't you know that "belief" is a matter of faith, not reason? My answer is the same as that most religious people will give: God's plan is beyond human comprehension. You can not argue or reason your way to belief. Sorry. You have not been blessed with faith. Sad, but true.

The ability to think logically is one most important difference that distinct animals and human being. Zealously believe in something without reason makes one no different with animals.

Pigs are raised to be butchered and become bratwursts. May the god bless them too.

After comparing all the stories about different religions, I found Buddhism is the least self-arrogant and more of ancient wisdom but no more than high school physics.

thank you.

there is only 1 set of laws governing the cosmos.

"In the beginning, he said let there be heaven and earth:"

F=ma
F= Gm1m2/r^2

"And, let there be light!"

E=hf

div E = ρ / ε0
div B = 0
curl E = -dB/dt
curl H = uJ + uε0*dE/dt

No one needs to make a New Man. The New Man has already been incubating for 18 years since 1993. It is a natural process.

The New Man I am talking about of course is the networked and informationized man of the 21st century, and radically different from the chess pieces that governments dealt with before the 90's. The next step is for the networked, informationized man to assume not only the freedoms but the responsibilities of this newfound power.

Did you seriously just write that, Mr. PhD or is there a humour here a little too advanced for me? I could do a little "tongue in cheek" ... but given my IQ deficit, mind pointing out where the "tongue" is here?

The ability to think logically is one most important difference that distinct animals and human being. Zealously believe in something without reason makes one no different with animals.

Why do you think that animals cannot think logically? You should see my dog get a treat out of a coke bottle ......

My dog:

Akarigreenboa.jpg

Maybe because Buddhism is actually compatible with Atheism? (Buddhism does not recognize the existence of any all-powerful creator God).

God in Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the same applies to Confucianism. Taoism could be as well, though it depends on the interpretation. None of these philosophies, have an "all-powerful creator God" like the Abrahamic religions do.

As far as I know, there is no such a thing like "God" in the world of Buddhism. Buddhism argues that all the beings of the world, powerful from Gods, human, ghosts, animals, worms and other invisible beings are all subjected to the cycle of the universe. One life after another life but in different forms.

And Buddha are the beings who cultivate oneself long and hard enough to jump out of the cycles.

Did you seriously just write that, Mr. PhD or is there a humour here a little too advanced for me? I could do a little "tongue in cheek" ... but given my IQ deficit, mind pointing out where the "tongue" is here?

did i write anything incorrect? is the average networked citizen of today not much harder to manage and deal with, but at the same time far more powerful, than the "dumb" citizenry of yesterday?

did i write anything incorrect? is the average networked citizen of today not much harder to manage and deal with, but at the same time far more powerful, than the "dumb" citizenry of yesterday?

Humour me, FAU, will you? I'm in my 30s.

How old are you? A range is fine.

And let's see this one. "God's plan is beyond human comprehension."

If "God" is incomprehensible to human beings, how would anyone who believes in "God" and "Bible" (from which they get the most "official" information about God) know what they've learned is right?

Take bible for example, it is written by human of course. And human makes mistakes all the time. And we already know that how it nonsense about the origin of life and earth. How do you know it is the right copy? Or does it often get updates or service packs like the Windows from Microsoft?

i was born in the 80's. why is age important here?

Man, when you quote that "oceanx" guy I can see his responses. :lol:

(He's on my ignore list btw).

It's pretty much his job to piss of every other Chinese member here, although he might have a personal stake in this discussion.... because if memory serves, he is a Christian himself.

It is OKey for me if the Christians just amuse (I try not to use the word "fool" here) themselves with whatever story or fairy tales as long as they stay home and avoid annoying other people with buzzing noise.

Here are the things that should actually be taught for those interested in what the universe actually is like. You learn it in high school and university.

"In the beginning, there was heaven and earth:"

F=ma
F= Gm1m2/r^2
E = 1/2 mv^2

"let there be light"

E=hf

div E = ρ / ε0
div B = 0
curl E = -dB/dt
curl H = uJ + uε0*dE/dt

"And let there be fire to warm them"

dU=TdS-PdV