What's new

China’s bullet trains facilitate market integration and mitigate the cost of megacity growth

This guy is very narrow-minded, he can't see other's good and improvement.

Dogged。:azn:

The guy is entitled to his views or opinions,but China's determination to have the world's most advanced and extensive network of HSR won't stop just because a few buggers bitch about something they can't have even in their wildest dreams。:D

Dogged。:azn:

The guy is entitled to his views or opinions,but China's determination to have the world's most advanced and extensive network of HSR won't stop just because a few buggers bitch about something they can't have even in their wildest dreams。:D

Yes. China has the world largest and advanced HSR system. 13年我国高铁客流量5.3亿人次,数据在这儿摆着,不需要解释,特别是跟越南人。我们坐自己的高铁,跟别人有什么关系。:rofl:

No one answer my question, how an average Chinese use HSR ? Once or twice a year ?

Dont' know about others,I use HRS whenever I can。I am about 85% done with flights。

Listen dude,if you ever fancy a ride on our HSR,you are
Yes. China has the world largest and advanced HSR system. 13年我国高铁客流量5.3亿人次,数据在这儿摆着,不需要解释,特别是跟越南人。我们坐自己的高铁,跟别人有什么关系。:rofl:

It is pointless trying to bring senses to someone who is destined to sit in the bottom of a well for the rest of his life。

Bullet train service launched on Yichang-Wanzhou Railway July 1st

The most atrocious route in the current record book of HSR :enjoy:

W020140704380293070844.jpg

LOCAL201404052219000417513733556.jpg

LOCAL201406190835000374747671263.jpg

LOCAL201406190835000398527759010.jpg

LOCAL201406190835000409714386010.jpg

Dont' know about others,I use HRS whenever I can。I am about 85% done with flights。

Listen dude,if you ever fancy a ride on our HSR,you are

hey cirr: I just want the good things for Chinese people.
If more convenience for average people or more for rich guys .. I will go for average one of majority.

Is it any bad if I wish Chinese people could use HSR more often when the fare is minimized ?

hey cirr: I just want the good things for Chinese people.
If more convenience for average people or more for rich guys .. I will go for average one of majority.

Is it any bad if I wish Chinese people could use HSR more often when the fare is minimized ?

Chinese minimal wage in a below third tear city is about 2000 dollars give or take a few hundred. A ticket cost 200s give or take.

Most people don't travel that much and don't pay rent in smaller cities, and even if they do it's about the same of a HSR ticket.

So if they want they can take it no problem, especially both partners work that's 4000 dollars a month. More than enough to take a vacation a year, if they have time is another story.

But yea, anyone who isn't a bum can afford it. But a lot choose to use cheaper "slow" trains. Still very comfortable btw.

Chinese minimal wage in a below third tear city is about 2000 dollars give or take a few hundred. A ticket cost 200s give or take.

Most people don't travel that much and don't pay rent in smaller cities, and even if they do it's about the same of a HSR ticket.

So if they want they can take it no problem, especially both partners work that's 4000 dollars a month. More than enough to take a vacation a year, if they have time is another story.

But yea, anyone who isn't a bum can afford it. But a lot choose to use cheaper "slow" trains. Still very comfortable btw.

Correct. Foreigners always ask why your country has too many luxury car. same reason

Correct. Foreigners always ask why your country has too many luxury car. same reason
1. For medium class.
2. Sometimes we are on errand to another city. It is cheaper, safer than dirving a car in highway.
3. When my nephew study in another city. he go and back sometimes by "slow" trains, or HSV.
I ask why not always HSV, It is more comfortable. He answer that "slow" train is cheaper,his time is enough, needless to waste money.
Okay, I agreed his thought. There are too many people in china,HSV is just another choice for people.

Last edited:

I means, in Vietnam.

I like your thinking, you are a good PDF member.
Because what you saying seem showing the truth, you looked like not a blind folded.

Is China a market-oriented-economy? the govt made big affect to the market really not good.
If so many feel comfortable with slow train, don't terminate it and "bei gaosu".

IN Vietnam, high ranked officials always bring to front many huge projects, we guess they could pocket 15-30% of total budget, if those come into effective ... so we tried to protest as many wasteful projects as possible. How about situation in your country, @Genesis

Last edited:
I means, in Vietnam.

I like your thinking, you are a good PDF member.
Because what you saying seem showing the truth, you looked like not a blind folded.

Is China a market-oriented-economy? the govt made big affect to the market really not good.
If so many feel comfortable with slow train, don't terminate it and "bei gaosu".

IN Vietnam, high ranked officials always bring to front many huge projects, we guess they could pocket 15-30% of total budget, if those come into effective ... so we tried to protest as many wasteful projects as possible. How about situation in your country, @Genesis

China is both market and not market, it's not really in the middle it's both. Some industries are more government controlled, some are not really controlled. Some industries have heavy subsidies others are based on customer demand.

For example, solar power, heavy government involvement, smart phones, electronics not really. I mean, maybe spy agencies do have access to them, but so does NSA and CIA.

I'm not sure what bei gaosu is. "Slow" train is about as fast as other country's fast trains, yet very cheap. Over short distances, or students or migrant workers usually take these.

I think seat tickets are 20+ bucks on slow trains, and sleepers range from 90 to more. It's been a while. So you can see 10 times difference for a few hours really. Leg room and space is a little smaller on slow trains, but not unbearable, HSR leg room is way bigger than a plane.

City office workers, or more recently skilled laborers, and long travelers, vacationers, people who can't buy a ticket for the slow trains, usually take it. Business trips is also common.

Both have their use, just because someone has a car, doesn't mean he throw away his bike or cut off his leg. Everything has a role.

IS there corruption or even unecessary projects, of course, is it high in number? It's not low. But the thing is, it sort of benefits the city anyways, like in my home city, trees and flowers are replanted as a mayor comes in, to add to his resume, waste of money? Yea, but the city is nice and clean.

Here's the thing though, we are not America, our infrastructure is not developed, even Americans are corrupt in projects. So unless we want nothing done, you got to take the good with the bad.

When we finish it all, then it makes more sense to do something, but if we do it now, our development is done. Just like growing muscle and cut weight and grow six pack. I always tell people cut weight first then, add muscle, or else you will lose muscle while cutting, or add weight while muscle building.

Same deal here, one at a time.

Back
Top Bottom