What's new

China's 5G Fighter 'a showoff'

This whole thread was a can of worms. I kinda hope that Aram wouldn't open it but I think someone else would've started it regardless.

smells like someone's jelly of china's J-20

One other thing. I think hanging out with all those "50 cents" guys transformed you from a libby to a true "commie". Good work. Buwhahahahahaha.

@gambit..very good comment. Iearned a lot.
You say that the radar abskrbant coating on present day stealth fighters absorbs radar frequencies and convert it to heat.
can this be used to disadvantage. For example a directional radar beam focussed on the steth fighter same as convex lens focusing sunlight, may generate enough heat to damage the plane?

@gambit..very good comment. Iearned a lot.
You say that the radar abskrbant coating on present day stealth fighters absorbs radar frequencies and convert it to heat.
can this be used to disadvantage. For example a directional radar beam focussed on the steth fighter same as convex lens focusing sunlight, may generate enough heat to damage the plane?
No...First the amount of radiation on the surface is much too weak compared to the original amount when it left the antenna and traveled all that distance. Look up the inverse square rule...

Important Rules/ Facts about Radar
The inverse square rule demonstrated that the distance from the radar determined the strength of the reflected signal.

Radio propagation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Doubling the distance from a transmitter means that the power density of the radiated wave at that new location is reduced to one-quarter of its previous value.
The 'new location' is the aircraft. So by the time the absorber layers are working on whatever amount of radiation on the aircraft, the heat produced from conversion is not enough to even keep your hands warm. Surface IR radiation from aerodynamic friction is much higher.

Can the canards be that big a problem as far as RCS is concerned?
I thought that it was the cross-section that caused major problem...and the canards don't have much cross-sectional area...

Can the canards be that big a problem as far as RCS is concerned?
I thought that it was the cross-section that caused major problem...and the canards don't have much cross-sectional area...
Every structure on an aircraft, which is a complex body, has its own radar cross section. You must understand that in order to have an RCS and therefore an RCS measurement or value, there must be radiation coming off that structure, and when we have complex structures in an assembly making a greater complex structure, there will be radiation bouncing all over the place. Some will cancel each other, or 'destructive interference', some will amplify each other, or 'constructive interference'. All structures of any dimension are consider 'contributors'. The summation of all contributors' RCS values give the final RCS value of the aircraft. What this mean is that the canards can raise that final RCS value over a threshold that may be unacceptable to the intention of keeping below that threshold.

Got a question, a good one infact.

Why does the Russia 5th Gen jets, have a longer steel point on the nose, and the J-20 and F-35 does not?

They are just for the testing phase as I understand. They will be taken off in any case. Plus I think the pictures might not make their sizes that apparent.

J20 is supposed to fight F22.

T50 is just a fat babe wearing beauty mask. I don't think anyone will develop the top gear using a Joint Program.

Do you seriously think russia will share top tech with india? and even india can share their top tech with russia?

It might do and I'm not defending him. As I said in my earlier post speeder 2 posts were out of order so I had to do that.

And surprisingly enough in the UK, you need police security clearance to get a governmental job and India is the only country whose sitizens don't need this certificate. [Becuase we are seen as peace loving people or something to do with India being Britain's colony I don't know]. And btw updating your facts never hurts. You should try it sometime. :P

Don't even bother starting this US vs UK ting. I believe you speak our language. End of. :P

Anglo-Saxon? I speak some...

I'm American what would you have me be seditious ? when talking about " my country" you think I should talk about India? I'm not an Indian citizen ... because it bothers you guys to be called Americans, does not mean we Americans should follow suite because our heritage is from another country. This is the land of immigrants... whats up with such bigotry?

Lol, first use of sedition I have seen in this forum. Lovin it!

oh no, oh no, tell me it isnt true.

207 institute did RCS test on J-20 some time ago ,the frontal RCS is 0.8m2,close to Rafale's,larger than T-50

北京无线电测量研究所 (航天工业总公司二院207所)
lt.cjdby.net/thread-1138770-1-3

J20 is supposed to fight F22.

T50 is just a fat babe wearing beauty mask. I don't think anyone will develop the top gear using a Joint Program.

Do you seriously think russia will share top tech with india? and even india can share their top tech with russia?

j20 is supposed to fight F22 lol lol :rofl::rofl::rofl: 1st let both j-20 and PAK-FA/FGFA induct 1st, then we can think of it.

This is more better interview.

PARIS: Russia's PAK-FA fighter shows promise
Asked for his professional opinion on China's J-20 stealth fighter unveiled in January, Pogosyan says: "You'd better ask the Chinese."

Pressed on whether he feels the aircraft is a genuine prototype or merely a technology demonstrator, he says: "China's aviation industry has achieved really significant progress. But on the other hand, to create a really competitive product is time-consuming, demands significant experience in the engineering field and experienced human resources."

Seems to me that russian press did go a bit too nationalistic....

Back
Top Bottom