What's new

China's 28nm DUV lithography machine was delivered in 2021

Now, of course, Chinese chips are far inferior to those in the West. The output of Shanghai SMIC even is not enough to supply domestic products. We are talking about the future.

We have to agree to disagree here my friend.

India will not accept Chinese chips even in 10 years.

That is a huge market that China will not have.

@Wood
@SoulSpokesman

Bros, am i right here?

We have to agree to disagree here my friend.

India will not accept Chinese chips even in 10 years.

That is a huge market that China will not have.

@Wood
@SoulSpokesman

Bros, am i right here?
I'm not sure if India will have the luxury to completely avoid China. It will depend on how successful India's domestic efforts are in the area. But India intends to be self reliant :cheers:

I'm not sure if India will have the luxury to completely avoid China. It will depend on how successful India's domestic efforts are in the area. But India intends to be self reliant :cheers:

No offence but I cannot see in 2030 India being able to totally design and manufacture all the chips it needs. It is probably a good 2-3 decades away from this.

My question simply is, if India had an important government contract for a massive new datacentre and it had to import chips, would it give it to US(Intel) or China or not care?

India Chips market is insignificant. Who cares?

Dude, predicted to be 100 billion US dollars a year by 2030 when China should be totally self-reliant in this technology.

If China can only have a small fraction of this due to Indian national security concerns then that is a big loss for you guys.

Dude, predicted to be 100 billion US dollars a year by 2030 when China should be totally self-reliant in this technology.

If China can only have a small fraction of this due to Indian national security concerns then that is a big loss for you guys.
Predicted? You mean like this?

We all know you are a cheerleaders for India and West. And we all know the BS over optimistic prediction you all set for India. Try harder. :enjoy:

I think the statement is too exaggerated. In 2020, the global semiconductor market will only be 440 billion US dollars, and the largest single market, China, will only be around 200 billion US dollars. It is hard to believe that the Indian market will be as large as 100 billion US dollars in just 8 years.

No offence but I cannot see in 2030 India being able to totally design and manufacture all the chips it needs. It is probably a good 2-3 decades away from this.

My question simply is, if India had an important government contract for a massive new datacentre and it had to import chips, would it give it to US(Intel) or China or not care?
Yea, for gov. contracts India will likely avoid Chinese components. US will likely be favored.

I think the statement is too exaggerated. In 2021, the global semiconductor market will only be 440 billion US dollars, and the largest single market, China, will only be around 200 billion US dollars. It is hard to believe that the Indian market will be as large as 100 billion US dollars in just 8 years.
He BS as usual.

Predicted? You mean like this?

We all know you are a cheerleaders for India and West. And we all know the BS over optimistic prediction you all set for India. Try harder. :enjoy:

It was 27 billion US dollars last year and average growth is 16% per annum.

This is quite realistic and 100 billion US dollars for India by 2030 is no big deal.

Remember that the Indian semiconductor market is large for the size of its economy due to its huge IT industry.

PS - Chinese semiconductor market is already 200 billion US dollars and probably reach close to 500 billions by 2030.

Yea, for gov. contracts India will likely avoid Chinese components. US will likely be favored.

What about the likes of Infosys?

I cannot see them giving the contract to Huawei to design the chips and then manufacture in SMIC.

It was 27 billion US dollars last year and average growth is 16% per annum.

This is quite realistic and 100 billion US dollars for India by 2030 is no big deal.

Remember that the Indian semiconductor market is large for the size of its economy due to its huge IT industry.

PS - Chinese semiconductor market is already 200 billion US dollars and probably reach close to 500 billions by 2030.

What about the likes of Infosys?

I cannot see them giving the contract to Huawei to design the chips and then manufacture in SMIC.
Call center do not qualify as IT industries. :enjoy:

Call center do not qualify as IT industries. :enjoy:

Dude, you know that is a small part of Indian IT industry.

Admit it that China will not just walk-over the US as important markets like India will be mainly closed to them while the US(Intel) will have full access.

Admit it that China will not just walk-over the US as important markets like India will be mainly closed to them while the US(Intel) will have full access.
More like you wouldnt admit, US will soon be shut off from world largest chip market. Just like Boeing shut off from Chinese aviation market and make the US hop mad. :enjoy;

India wouldnt be stupid to tie themselves only to western chips. That will make them uncompetitive in market. As I say, you are just a cheerleader for western nation. But u are too thick skinned to admit that.

The logical question here is, when the Indian market hits $100 billion, what should the Chinese market be? In fact, what Chinese semiconductor companies have to do is to grab as much Chinese market share as possible from foreign companies. This is the largest market in the world ,and where China has been able to voluntarily close the market

India wouldnt be stupid to tie themselves only to western chips. That will make them uncompetitive in market. As I say, you are just a cheerleader for western nation. But u are too thick skinned to admit that.

India would pay the extra cost in the name of national security.

If it was the other way round, would the PLAAF give a contract to supply chips for a massive new datacentre to an Indian company?
Same for large private companies in China no doubt.

Stop being so emotional and when was I a Western cheerleader?

I welcome China's rise as like most of the world want an end to 300 years of Westerners controlling the planet.

Back
Top Bottom