What's new

China's 28nm DUV lithography machine was delivered in 2021

no, you said they stacked dies. the only way to stack dies with electrical conductivity is wafer bonding or 3D packaging with TSV. so you implied that YMTC's 128 layer NAND was made by wafer bonding or 3D packaging 128 dies.
So, to salvage YMTC's claim that they made kinda sorta quasi pseudo 3D NAND, you are going to focus on my casual usage of the word 'dies' despite me posting a source that explained what YMTC did in a little more detail. Sure, you win. I was kinda sorta quasi pseudo 'wrong'. :rolleyes:

uh no, you clearly misunderstood everything. I never said anything about wafer bonding. That was the explanation on how YMTC did it. What I did was quote 'thememoryguy.com' source. That paragraph was NOT my comment. In the end, YMTC did not make a true 3D NAND design but a pseudo version. You can build two single-story houses, stack one atop the other, take it to an architect, tell him you just designed and built a two-story house, and see how hard he laughs. That is YMTC's design.
Hahahahah you don't know jackshit and just got busted mate.

no, you said they stacked dies. the only way to stack dies with electrical conductivity is wafer bonding or 3D packaging with TSV. so you implied that YMTC's 128 layer NAND was made by wafer bonding or 3D packaging 128 dies.

Figure-6-1.jpg

all those memory arrays are stacked dies? each single line is 1 die stack? lmao omg.
He clearly doesn't know what he is talking about, I read through his shit and he says we were using 2 dies and bonding it then I was thinking 128 layers? Seriously dumbfck

Figure-6-1.jpg

all those memory arrays are stacked dies? each single line is 1 die stack? lmao omg.
This guy is a dumb piece of shit.

He clearly doesn't know what he is talking about, I read through his shit and he says we were using 2 dies and bonding it then I was thinking 128 layers? Seriously dumbfck

He faked his professional and brag about working in semi con. Clearly he is an imposter.

As if YOU know what you are talking about. :lol:

Carrier wafer with embedded CMOS dies.​

China better start telling the industry they cannot use the words 'CMOS' and 'dies' together.

He faked his professional and brag about working in semi con. Clearly he is an imposter.
And clearly you do not know how to use internet search.

The YMTC 512Gb 128L Xtacking 2.0 TLC chip size is 60.42mm², and the bit density has increased to 8.48Gb/mm², which is 92% higher than the Xtacking 1.0 chip (256Gb). Since YMTC Xtacking hybrid bonding technology uses two wafers to integrate 3D NAND devices, we can find two dies, one for NAND array chips and the other for CMOS peripheral chips.

Important: The INDENTED paragraph is NOT my words. :lol:

The YMTC 512Gb 128L Xtacking 2.0 TLC chip size is 60.42mm², and the bit density has increased to 8.48Gb/mm², which is 92% higher than the Xtacking 1.0 chip (256Gb). Since YMTC Xtacking hybrid bonding technology uses two wafers to integrate 3D NAND devices, we can find two dies, one for NAND array chips and the other for CMOS peripheral chips.

Wafer bonding I/O circuits to NAND array isn't what you meant by "stacking dies to create pseudo 3D NAND", because the memory array is actually 3D, nothing pseudo about it.

They also didn't use the words "pseudo" because they know 1. The actual memory array is 3D, no doubt about it, and 2. There are technical advantages to wafer bonding control circuit to memory array over CMOS under array.

Who dominates the manufacturer of low value semiconductors? For example who makes the circuit board in a Casio watch like this one https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2533393

People talk about high value items, but making chips and circuits for low value items like digital watches, radios, alarm clocks seems to be profitable because not everything needs the smallest and fastest processor.

As if YOU know what you are talking about. :lol:

Carrier wafer with embedded CMOS dies.​

China better start telling the industry they cannot use the words 'CMOS' and 'dies' together.
Yah and do you know what YMTC is doing? Lolol

Wafer bonding I/O circuits to NAND array isn't what you meant by "stacking dies to create pseudo 3D NAND", because the memory array is actually 3D, nothing pseudo about it.

They also didn't use the words "pseudo" because they know 1. The actual memory array is 3D, no doubt about it, and 2. There are technical advantages to wafer bonding control circuit to memory array over CMOS under array.
You see he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Yes I saw him typing that too. Fcker is bullshiting.

Who dominates the manufacturer of low value semiconductors? For example who makes the circuit board in a Casio watch like this one https://www.argos.co.uk/product/2533393

People talk about high value items, but making chips and circuits for low value items like digital watches, radios, alarm clocks seems to be profitable because not everything needs the smallest and fastest processor.
US. These are mixed signal/analog chips. Texas Instruments, Analog Devices and Microchip are still the kings.

However, analog fabs are much less consolidated than logic or memory. There's room in the market for smaller players.

"According to IDC statistics, China's analogic chip market is approximately 36% of the global market, with a market size of approximately US$19.4 billion. According to the statistics of the China Semiconductor Association, the total revenue of China's analogic integrated circuit companies in 2020 is about 16.3 billion yuan, and the self-sufficiency rate is only about 12%. There is still spacious room for development in China."

You do know YMTC branded it as 'XSTACKING', right?

Yah and do you know what YMTC is doing? Lolol
Better than you will ever be able to.

Here is YMTC's illustration of their pseudo 3D NAND product.

iQNmKuY.png

The problem here is that die stacking is nothing new, even dissimilar products can be, and have been, joined to perform unique tasks for niche applications. Here is a NOR die stacked atop a NAND die and both are packaged together.

So to start, YMTC did not really innovate anything new. But going back to YMTC. What make YMTC's pseudo 3D NAND more expensive to produce is that it takes up two production lines: CMOS array and memory array.

Logistically, the first question involves wafer size. Which is 200 mm? Which is 300 mm? Is both 200 mm? Or is both 300 mm? Or is it one of each? If YMTC must use both 200 mm and 300 mm wafers, which array get the 300 mm wafer? Can YOU make even an educated guess? :lol:

Here is an example of a wafer map.

XiG5SHl.png

In order to mate the CMOS and the memory arrays together, their dies' geographical boundaries must be identical. Maybe some allowances for slight differences to accommodate physical bonding, but at the μm level, any physical differences are irrelevant to the discussion. So what this mean, in reference to the wafer map example, is that the two product lines must be carefully managed as they progress thru the fab, post fab, and to BackEnd (BE) for extraction. If one line must use the 200 mm wafer, the tooling for that line will be different than the 300 mm wafer tools, and that will complicate the manufacturing lines even more.

Even though NAND and CMOS are established products, there are always manufacturing flaws, so not every die on a wafer will be shippable. Most edge dies are malformed dies, and those that are full formed, quite often because of them being edge dies, they often have inferior performance than dies on the main areas of the wafer. For example, a 300 mm wafer may produce 500 prime dies and a 200 mm wafer may produce 200 prime dies, now logistics is complicated even more to keep track of how many 200 mm wafers to how many 300 mm wafers in order to produce X number of final stacked pseudo 3D NAND packages. If both lines are 200 mm wafer or 300 mm wafer, then this complication would be dramatically reduced. That is not to say that YMTC was not creative. They were. But hardly 'groundbreaking'.

Already, I have at least %75 understanding of how YMTC did it. I would make a good ProcEng or TestEng for them. :enjoy:

MV1xmcT.jpg

That is a 26 yrs old SRAM 200 mm wafer atop some 64gb 300 mm NAND wafers. All of them are functionally dead. The NAND wafers were 'killed' by me personally for a special project that involved some important entities outside the normal customers list. Ain't that hard to make a fool out of you, little man.

iQNmKuY.png

The problem here is that die stacking is nothing new, even dissimilar products can be, and have been, joined to perform unique tasks for niche applications. Here is a NOR die stacked atop a NAND die and both are packaged together.

So to start, YMTC did not really innovate anything new. But going back to YMTC. What make YMTC's pseudo 3D NAND more expensive to produce is that it takes up two production lines: CMOS array and memory array.

Logistically, the first question involves wafer size. Which is 200 mm? Which is 300 mm? Is both 200 mm? Or is both 300 mm? Or is it one of each? If YMTC must use both 200 mm and 300 mm wafers, which array get the 300 mm wafer? Can YOU make even an educated guess? :lol:

XiG5SHl.png

In order to mate the CMOS and the memory arrays together, their dies' geographical boundaries must be identical. Maybe some allowances for slight differences to accommodate physical bonding, but at the μm level, any physical differences are irrelevant to the discussion. So what this mean, in reference to the wafer map example, is that the two product lines must be carefully managed as they progress thru the fab, post fab, and to BackEnd (BE) for extraction. If one line must use the 200 mm wafer, the tooling for that line will be different than the 300 mm wafer tools, and that will complicate the manufacturing lines even more.

Even though NAND and CMOS are established products, there are always manufacturing flaws, so not every die on a wafer will be shippable. Most edge dies are malformed dies, and those that are full formed, quite often because of them being edge dies, they often have inferior performance than dies on the main areas of the wafer. For example, a 300 mm wafer may produce 500 prime dies and a 200 mm wafer may produce 200 prime dies, now logistics is complicated even more to keep track of how many 200 mm wafers to how many 300 mm wafers in order to produce X number of final stacked pseudo 3D NAND packages. If both lines are 200 mm wafer or 300 mm wafer, then this complication would be dramatically reduced. That is not to say that YMTC was not creative. They were. But hardly 'groundbreaking'.

Already, I have at least %75 understanding of how YMTC did it. I would make a good ProcEng or TestEng for them. :enjoy:

MV1xmcT.jpg

That is a 26 yrs old SRAM 200 mm wafer atop some 64gb 300 mm NAND wafers. All of them are functionally dead. The NAND wafers were 'killed' by me personally for a special project that involved some important entities outside the normal customers list. Ain't that hard to make a fool out of you, little man.
Yup copy pasting shit but someone caught you bullshiting. Lolololol lolol. Dude stop embarrassing yourself.

Our dude just explained your idiocy. =)

iQNmKuY.png

XiG5SHl.png

MV1xmcT.jpg

The advantage is in density as shown in the teardown, being able to separately optimize production for each wafer, and being able to outsource the CMOS dies to a foundry so they can dedicate more productive capability to their core IP of the NAND array. It also has thermal budget advantages.

If it wasn't useful Samsung wouldn't be thinking of doing the same thing, as your own source states.

And nobody said they were groundbreaking, you were the one that said their products are "pseudo 3D". What's not 3D about the memory array? What's pseudo about it, does the product function and is it 3D?

Back
Top Bottom