What's new

China would not be intimidated even if the US send all the ten ACs to the SCS

China won't do anything and we won't do anything. I don't believe the Chinese are that stupid.

we will continue sail in the SCS because it's our right.

China won't do anything and we won't do anything. I don't believe the Chinese are that stupid.

we will continue sail in the SCS because it's our right.

:coffee: Yes. You are right, China is behaving more rationally that USA today.

How difficult will it be for China to annihilate the entire US Naval fleet in her backyard?

Can USA naval force survived a blitzkrieg of hypersonic missiles fired from China warships, missile boats 022 or landmass?

Let says China sank the entirely USA Naval Fleet in the SCS, everyone of them warship, how would USA reacts?

The next level of course and destroyed the world in the process. A deadly thermonuclear war where USA fired its ISBM whereas China will attack USA with its WU-ZF HGV, ICBM, etc!
Can the reckless USA really win this one with USA intact? The answer is NO!

Let put it this way? USA is calling a bluff and China knows it? That is why China do not need to respond.

Underestimating their enemy is USA biggest mistake today. Within the next 5 years China, not USA will be the prominent SUPERPOWER in the world. China will be launching their Quantum-telecommunication satellite by next month and USA will lose most of their advantage in their eavesdropping and spying capabilities then but China will and can still continue to monitor all your messages, everyone of them.

See how the geopolitical and military scenario is changing.

China Y-20 tansporters will be in mass production while USA has to shop for alternative for their C-17, RD-170 rocket engine, etc. USA no longer manufacture its C-17 transporter.

Let not forget USA has to restart its 30 years old 1980 Arleigh Burke Destroyer program because of lack of a suitable replacement. Its much acclaimed DDG-1000 Zumwalt (US Military originally planned for 32) is cancelled because of very high cost and is pledged with continuuous unresolved problems.

By the time the problem is finally resolved, China may be mass producing 055 destroyer and its variants which could be then the most advanced destroyer or cruiser in the world.

Access the internet, yeah, lots of SSCI papers (second highest in the world) are produced in China based purely on China's internet. I did that myself when I was doing a short research there. CKNI (China National Knowledge Infrastructure) is amazing and has a better global coverage than other national databases that I worked with.

One Child policy was for the greater good until it was scrapped. And, there were lots of exemptions, not that it was one size fits all.

Lots of projects are being halted because of people's opposition. So, yes, government actually listens to people.

Who needs google or whatever when we have national companies that do the job just as good? Besides, lots of precious Yuan stays at home and jobs are created because we have national industry that monopolized domestic market. “It is economy, stupid," Reagan once said. If Google complies with national laws (bring their servers to Mainland China), they are welcome but I doubt they can compete there. China's internet environment is way too sophisticated to be understood by the likes of Google.

There is complete freedom of migration in China but the country has to control the growth of big cities in order not to end up like India.

As for voicing opinion freely, just check Chinese and Indian social media on air pollution; Chinese social media beats Indian social media by a factor of ten.

China has the world's most beautiful cities, unlike India, which is rather dirty, as is known for by the people outside. China is the world's largest tourist destination for a reason, it is not by chance. India, on the other hand, is a death/rape trap for tourists, especially women, along with its dirtiness.

Ya I know, got it. China is democratic - in true sense of the world. In china one can access internet freely, make children freely, can oppose govt freely, can google and facebook freely, can migrate freely, can live freely wherever they want, can voice their opinions freely, china has the worlds most cleanest cities, most homogenous population.

Last edited:
If people actually read through the lengthy speech made by the high-ranking Chinese diplomat at this highest think-tank forum about China-US relations, especially if people take consideration on the fact that his speech was delivered at this China-US Dialogue on South China Sea in Washington, and delivered at this very critical point of time- some may argue this maybe the turning point for China-US relations, it will be silly to construe it as a declaration of war, or nuclear war.

Rather, it serves as the manifestation of China's stance or bottom line about the SCS issues, or in a broader sense, about how two countries are dealing or co-existing with each other in the time to come. For the world sake, China and the US should not resort to another great war to find the way of this. Till now the dialogues,forums and peer-to-peer official exchanges between the two countries seem worked. It is said there are more than 400 of such platforms between two countries to engage talks. So the chances for a sudden war between the two are very slim.

I think most Chinese people would agree with me in my statement that Chinese people are not naturally born America-haters. We acknowledged the fact that China has learned a great deal from the US and had benefited from the international system the US established. Till today on the Chinese state medias there are many news about the US that portrayed a positive side of the country.For instance, almost all Chinese TV I watched broadcasted the news that a young boy called the police about his father rushing trough the red light at night in America. But if the US think and treat China as enemy, China will become one, a competent/excellent one. China has long been prepared for the Plan B. After all,as regarded by other people world wide,the Chinese people are patient and strategic thinkers.

I appreciate your love for your country. No need to disrespect other's country though.

I am just responding to your arguments; nothing in social life is one dimensional.

I love Greater China and I am aware of what has been accomplished and what has to be accomplished further. In the end, all of our actions are designed for self-benefit and strength. Outside opinion does matter only to the degree that we view them as being constructive.

I think most Chinese people would agree with me in my statement that Chinese people are not naturally born America-haters. We acknowledged the fact that China has learned a great deal from the US and had benefited from the international system the US established.

Very precise points.

System-builders always benefit the most from the status quo (it means the US has benefitted the most from it); if China also benefitted from the post-War global system, it is not because of the structure only, but because of the hard work and pragmatism of its own people and leadership.

If structure had been the only determinant, India and Brazil would be now just as equally developed nations as China. So, it is 'agency vs. structure' problematic and I take the agency as superior although I do not deny the structure.

Nothing has been given to China for free or without sacrifice. Besides, post-War system was US-influenced, but not entirely US dominated. We have a thirty-year of bi-polarity.

Till today on the Chinese state medias there are many news about the US that portrayed a positive side of the country.For instance, almost all Chinese TV I watched broadcasted the news that a young boy called the police about his father rushing trough the red light at night in America.

It is true that China's good will toward the US is larger than the vice versa. But this good will must not blind us to all the hate and ploys that come from that direction. Being cute and cuddly works for pandas, perhaps, but, China has pandas only, it is not a panda.

But if the US think and treat China as enemy, China will become one, a competent/excellent one. China has long been prepared for the Plan B. After all, as regarded by other people world wide, the Chinese people are patient and strategic thinkers.

I guess it is high time to become one, because the warless encirclement of China can go only this far. If further patience is required, then it means we are back to square one -- the days of Opium War.

Last edited:
I guess it is high time to become one, because the warless encirclement of China can go only this far. If further patience is required, then it means we are back to square one -- the days of Opium War.
My comment on our patience is just a general characterization. I fully agree it is time for China to act should the US push further. The nearly-completed 3 air run ways on those islands and the deployment of J20/Y20 and many more are all indication of China's determination to fight .

actually US had 10 super carrier and 11 or more super sized LHD in which they can carry attack fighter like harrier.....

Hey Rott, you should read about the DF-21 and what is was originally made for before converting to conventional. It may surprise you. 12 year old boy you are indeed.
Omg, seriously oldman with a 12 year old intellect?
So according to your immature intellect a missile incorporates qualities from an ICBM is still an ICBM? So you are basically built from your father and you become your father's father? Well done! :rofl:

I think most Chinese people would agree with me in my statement that Chinese people are not naturally born America-haters. We acknowledged the fact that China has learned a great deal from the US and had benefited from the international system the US established. Till today on the Chinese state medias there are many news about the US that portrayed a positive side of the country.For instance, almost all Chinese TV I watched broadcasted the news that a young boy called the police about his father rushing trough the red light at night in America. But if the US think and treat China as enemy, China will become one, a competent/excellent one. China has long been prepared for the Plan B. After all,as regarded by other people world wide,the Chinese people are patient and strategic thinkers.
Bro, I can tell you one thing. Most of the posters here aren't even true Americans. Most of them here are either immigrants or false flaggers.
You can clearly distinguish the way an American (born) narrates to that of a wannabe.

@Tiqiu, as you noticed most of the anti-china posters here are mainly (butthurt) Indians. You know what I am talking about.

@Tiqiu, as you noticed most of the anti-china posters here are mainly (butthurt) Indians. You know what I am talking about.
That explains a lot. Thanks for clearing it out.

US has bases closer to china than the other way and more than enough defences to handle any long range missiles.
HaHa, I wont be so confident about what they say like you guys. Read this article written by themselves.

A test of America's homeland missile defense system found a problem. Why did the Pentagon call it a success?

By DAVID WILLMAN

REPORTING FROM WASHINGTON | JULY 6, 2016, 3 A.M.

If North Korea ever unleashed nuclear-armed missiles against America, the defense of U.S. cities and towns would depend to no small degree on something called a divert thruster.

These small rocket motors would be counted on to keep U.S. anti-missile interceptors on target as they hurtled through space toward the incoming warheads.

If the thrusters malfunctioned – and they have a record of performance problems – an interceptor could veer off-course, allowing a warhead to slip through. The consequences could be catastrophic.

So a lot was at stake when the Pentagon’s Missile Defense Agency conducted the first flight test of a new and supposedly improved version of the thruster on Jan. 28.

An interceptor launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California was to make a close fly-by of a mock enemy warhead high above the Pacific. The interceptor’s four attached thrusters would provide precision steering.

The missile agency issued a news release that day touting a “successful flight test.” The agency’s lead contractors were no less effusive. Aerojet Rocketdyne Inc., maker of the thrusters, said the new model “successfully performed its mission-critical role.”

Raytheon Co., which assembles the interceptors, said the “successful mission proved the effectiveness of a recent redesign of the … thrusters, which provides the control necessary for lethal impact with incoming threats.”

In fact, the test was not a success, the Los Angeles Times has learned. One of the thrusters malfunctioned, causing the interceptor to fly far off-course, according to Pentagon scientists.

The mishap raises fresh questions about the Ground-based Midcourse Defense system, the network of ground-launched interceptors that is supposed to protect the United States against a nuclear attack.

Also there are more cool-heads in both countries to see the obvious.
South China Sea Disputes Should Not Define China-U.S. Relations
http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-re...-not-define-china-us-relations-585657721.html

WASHINGTON, July 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Over 50 leading experts from China and U.S. think tanks participated in the seminar, co-organized by Chongyang Institute for Financial Studies, Renmin University of China (RUCCY) and Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (CEIP), sponsored by National Institute for South China Sea Studies (NISCSS) and Wilson International Center for Scholars.

Ideas such as "The disputes over the South China Sea should not define China-U.S. relations." and "Averting a deepening U.S.-China rift over the South China Sea issue should be a priority while coordination and cooperation between the two countries must be encouraged." were discussed by a group of International Leading Experts who concluded China-U.S. Dialogue on the South China Sea, at a closed-door seminar in Washington DC on July 5, 2016.

"The final decision of the arbitration, which will come out in the next few days, amounts to nothing more than a piece of paper," said Dai Bingguo, former State Councilor of China, spoke in the opening ceremony, "China's sovereignty over the South China Sea islands, as part of the post-war international order, is under protection by the UN Charter and other International Laws."

"China sees the peace and stability of the South China Sea as having a bearing on its vital interests. That is why China will never resort to force unless challenged with armed provocation," added Dai Bingguo.

"The stability in the South China Sea is in accordance with all parties concerned," said Huang Renwei, Vice President of Shanghai Academy of Social Science, "We should reduce strategic mistrust while enhancing crisis management."

The tension in the South China Sea must be cooled down," said Michael Swaine, Senior Associate of CEIP." "The U.S. and China must get beyond the heated rhetoric and build the basis for de-escalating tensions in this region."

"We need to carefully consider the implications for U.S. operations in the South China Sea," said Brendan Mulvaney, Associate Chair for Language and Culture Dept. in the United States Naval Academy.

"It serves as 'Think Tank Diplomacy' at this subtle moment," said Wang Wen, Executive Dean of RUCCY.

This seminar seeks exchanges of views among think tanks and cooperation between China and the United States. Experts here agreed that the two countries should not get into a confrontation regarding the South China Sea issue.

Useless fight of words. Since Korean war, US has not fought any war directly with any country of her own size, and it is not about to do anything differently. For those Indian members who would love to drum up US to fight a war with China, you can just take a bath and go to bed dreaming now. :wave:

Useless fight of words. Since Korean war, US has not fought any war directly with any country of her own size, and it is not about to do anything differently. For those Indian members who would love to drum up US to fight a war with China, you can just take a bath and go to bed dreaming now. :wave:

Definitely it will not be the case, contrary to the expectations from unrelated parties. Major powers have their own way of doing things; simplistic small and medium powers are not able to grasp. In the end, as war of words intensifies, China's island development and capability build-up is going on just as usual.

If PH pushes it too much, the next sea feature to be developed into a full-fledged island is Scarborough as the US is watching from a safe off-12NM distance. China does not want to do this and intimidate the US because it will be a huge nail on the coffin of the trust small minions put on the US to save them from big bad China.

Definitely it will not be the case, contrary to the expectations from unrelated parties. Major powers have their own way of doing things; simplistic small and medium powers are not able to grasp. In the end, as war of words intensifies, China's island development and capability build-up is going on just as usual.

If PH pushes it too much, the next sea feature to be developed into a full-fledged island is Scarborough as the US is watching from a safe off-12NM distance. China does not want to do this and intimidate the US because it will be a huge nail on the coffin of the trust small minions put on the US to save them from big bad China.

China is smart enough not to take this step, yet. They will give US enough face to calm down on their own term. With Chilcot Report is becoming a hot issue in UK, the ripples will be inevitably felt in the US. I do not think US population is in the mood to fight an all out war with 2nd most powerful country in the world, be it evil or angle.

China is smart enough not to take this step, yet. They will give US enough face to calm down on their own term. With Chilcot Report is becoming a hot issue in UK, the ripples will be inevitably felt in the US. I do not think US population is in the mood to fight an all out war with 2nd most powerful country in the world, be it evil or angle.

I agree.

If the US can swallow Georgian War, Syrian red lines, and Crimea, I guess, they have strong enough stomach to digest Scarborough shoal development by China. But that would be disastrous in terms of the psyche of little guys in the region. So, China will likely hold on and give the US enough time to find some excuse for graceful exit.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom