What's new

China will start building Submarine based on Type 41 For Bangladesh Navy from next year

Explain. If one of your parents is Bangladeshi, aren't you Bangladeshi? What is our citizenship law? Sorry I asked a private question.

He is basically the 3rd generation of his family. The same case is with my Swiss fiance.

On topic - So these subs are to join fleet by 2030 or earlier? What happens to the older Mings we purchased?

Is it possible to get a modified Amur class design with foreign AIP or a Chinese one with Russian vls?

1024px-BrahMos_missie_on_Lada_class_non-nuclear_submarine_maqette.jpg
I mean China does have a diesel submarine as a test bed for VLS. It's not exactly something China has no experience in. However, adding such a system would increase its initial cost by quite a bit and the cost of maintenance.

Ideally, sure, you would want it, but how crucial is it right now? Based on what I can see the navy already has, and what similar size population countries have in terms of a navy (minus Russia and Japan), Bangladesh has quite a ways to go before all aspects are covered.

At this point, it would be better to round out the arsenal rather than focusing on any one aspect.

Looking at current economic growth, if Bangladesh can maintain it, you can probably design your own by the time you finished building the last of these in house.

He is basically the 3rd generation of his family. The same case is with my Swiss fiance.

On topic - So these subs are to join fleet by 2030 or earlier? What happens to the older Mings we purchased?
Probably used as training vessels for the future. There's quite a bit of work involved for a submarine force. For one thing, it's a very technical field, you can't just grab someone off the street without training. For another, it takes a special kind of person to be able to withstand being in a tube for weeks on end.

Also consider submarines are under the sea, so the only way to navigate is to use equipment, and experience. As of right now, I'm not sure how many countries are willing to share that information. Even water temperature at a particular point at a particular time is important, not to mention underwater rocks, and currents and more.

It's one thing to have a fleet of submarines, but quite another to have a submarine force capable of combat.

One of the things China had a major problem with is that equipment have outpaced talent development, so massive amount of time was used in development of NCOs and commanding officers. Hence why the first 2 of the 052C class had a gap of about 10 years from first introduction to the last 4.

Probably used as training vessels for the future. There's quite a bit of work involved for a submarine force. For one thing, it's a very technical field, you can't just grab someone off the street without training. For another, it takes a special kind of person to be able to withstand being in a tube for weeks on end.

Also consider submarines are under the sea, so the only way to navigate is to use equipment, and experience. As of right now, I'm not sure how many countries are willing to share that information. Even water temperature at a particular point at a particular time is important, not to mention underwater rocks, and currents and more.

It's one thing to have a fleet of submarines, but quite another to have a submarine force capable of combat.

One of the things China had a major problem with is that equipment have outpaced talent development, so massive amount of time was used in development of NCOs and commanding officers. Hence why the first 2 of the 052C class had a gap of about 10 years from first introduction to the last 4.

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, possibly they might be maintained solely for the sake of training future crews. Do you think China is willing to share ToTs for subs in the future to come?

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, possibly they might be maintained solely for the sake of training future crews. Do you think China is willing to share ToTs for subs in the future to come?
There's always a price for everything. It depends on what Bangladesh's goals are, and where it is in its economic development. Transfer of tech doesn't always translate into progress. It takes an effective education system, a culture of meritocracy, sufficient funding and most of all experience.

If all these happens, a transfer of tech could hasten progress, but without it, a transfer of tech is pretty much just a few fancy instruction manuals that not enough people can understand and even less people are interested.

China didn't suddenly become one of the leaders in military technology, there's a lot of stealing of other's established technology to be sure, but to put it into use and even surpass them takes far more than a few blueprints.

I exactly don't understand what you mean but splitting of Pakistan was far from a Hindu conspiracy.... I do not have any problems with good relations with anoyone be it Pakistan, China, India etc. But it has to be on favorable terms. China has proved herself to be a vital friend of Bangladesh specially in defence and construction. Looking forward to even more warmer relations and cultural exchanges with China.

Also please ask your centre to ease visa rules for tourists, it costs around 8k BDT to get a tourist visa invitation letter :cry::cry:
Sry previous had typo, what I meant was if Bangladesh and Pakistan can't be in the same country, at least try to be allies against a Hindu maniac like India. Of course Bangladeshi interests should come first, but remember India merely took advantage of Pakistani political mistake, they didn't do much during the war, it was Bangladeshis who faught for independence and we have to respect that.

I think it's not the same. S20P(Pakistan) is a scale-down Version of type 039b with AIP. The sub exported to BD is based on type 039A.
Our purchase will also be Yuan class type 039A with AIP.

how good is this sub, compared to our enemy indian navy sub?

india is our master mother etc.. Burma is also a friendly country :) we do businesses with them both and listen to them :)

India has killed more than 40000 Bangladeshi on border since 1990
Every person killed is one person too many...but, you're just making up bullshit now.

That equates to 1500+ a year...more than 4 a day.

Stop with the #FakeNews

Sry previous had typo, what I meant was if Bangladesh and Pakistan can't be in the same country, at least try to be allies against a Hindu maniac like India. Of course Bangladeshi interests should come first, but remember India merely took advantage of Pakistani political mistake, they didn't do much during the war, it was Bangladeshis who faught for independence and we have to respect that.
Regional politics do not always revolve around religion. Otherwise, why there are so many conflicts among the neighboring Muslim countries in the ME? Break India into many, and each will fight others although they belong to the same religion. Pakistan and BD are two separate entities now and BD has very bad experience with today's Pakistan for about 24 years, although, the experiences are not what AL always love to utter.

About India, it helped us in 1971 only because that served its own interest regardless of religion. However, the BJP leadership in 1971 had warned Indira Gandhi about two strong Pakistans at the both ends of India. I think, the BJP forecast will come true.

Last edited:
There's always a price for everything. It depends on what Bangladesh's goals are, and where it is in its economic development. Transfer of tech doesn't always translate into progress. It takes an effective education system, a culture of meritocracy, sufficient funding and most of all experience.

If all these happens, a transfer of tech could hasten progress, but without it, a transfer of tech is pretty much just a few fancy instruction manuals that not enough people can understand and even less people are interested.

China didn't suddenly become one of the leaders in military technology, there's a lot of stealing of other's established technology to be sure, but to put it into use and even surpass them takes far more than a few blueprints.

Bravo! Lucidly explained. :cheers:

My vote for most important post in our Navy section for quite a long while....

What's with that subservient attitude?? :what:

I think he is being sarcastic. Sarcasm and wit go hand in hand....we have many practitioners here. :D

Yet, I find many a novice PDF member talking about ToT whenever there is a military hardware purchase by BD, as if transfer itself is enough to guarantee the producing. Some people here talk as if a primary school student can work on a Ph.D thesis. By observing the trend in the country, I can attest that BD basic skills will remain very weak even during the next few generations. I am talking here about the failure to setting up the proper institutions, organizations and system, under which the individuals can be turned into learners of technology.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom