What's new

China Warns U.S. To Stay Out Of Sea Dispute

well honestly speaking- it had stopped more powerful militaries in the past and if you put on an unbias military analyst cap on- it would be a smart strategic move on behalf of the PH govt..

I know you guys are a decent force but we are talking about the US military here. Do we need to compare the US military might vs China? There is a reason why other countries have US bases.

lol,for your dream,the usa will fight againt pla for protect PH and vn.

how many usa army will been deploy around china? how much money will the usa cost?the usa is not idiot

i dont understand, if SCS is historically a part of china then why cant they get it?

jews got israel, US didnt say a sh*t! why do they say something to this, if it is historically china's then they have the right of it, the same applies for taiwan, if it is historically a part of china then they have all the right to have it!

why isn't USA supporting china in this problem?

usa is not support china on taiwan.

When did China attack the Phillippines?

The poster I replied to expressed incredulity at anyone believing that US would go to war with China 'when' China declared war on Vietnam + Philippines. I told him a reason the US might do so.

One things is clear, is that, the World should know that the majority of the American people(regular folks) have nothing to do with this at all. This was David Rockefeller and his minions dream's all along.

American military might was last seen with its tail between its legs in Vietnam. Now, in Afghanistan they are frantically looking for a way to make peace with the Talebans. Do we need to say more about the military might of the US? Yes, the US has considerable military might but it is in no way invincible. Some people portray it that way because it serves their purpose.
Pls understand one important thing:USA must retreat from VN coz their B-52's secret was stolen by VNese's spy, so Vn can shoot her dow. USA lost the advantage from sky,so they must retreat to avoid more casualty.

USA does not thing China can cut off their Air Forces now, so they will not scare of CHina and will not stay out.^^

i dont understand, if SCS is historically a part of china then why cant they get it?

Unfortunately, SCS is not historically a part of china.

jews got israel, US didnt say a sh*t! why do they say something to this, if it is historically china's then they have the right of it, the same applies for taiwan, if it is historically a part of china then they have all the right to have it!

why isn't USA supporting china in this problem?

Ask Taiwanese if they want to be a part of china, however. It seems like it China that is having problem with its right.

China is rising power and they are having strong defens system so they can warn any power because they are a nation.Proud to be a friend of China

the military might of US proved itslf in north korea and then vietnam with more then a million troops failing to defeat the china backed forces let alone PLA and PLAAF

We went to keep South Korea free, and we did. Against Chia. Across the Pacific while it was on China's doorstep. They still lack the balls to do anything about it.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Thursday the United States was concerned that recent events in the South China Sea could undermine stability and opposed any threat of force to advance territorial claims.

Clinton, appearing with the visiting Philippine foreign minister, repeated that the United States had interests in the South China Sea, where China and its neighbors have seen tensions flare over competing maritime sovereignty claims

"We are concerned that recent incidents in the South China Sea could undermine peace and stability in the region," Clinton said. "We oppose the use of force or the threat of force to advance the claims of any party."

Clinton says U.S. opposes threats in South China Sea | Reuters

---------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the response to the so called 'warning' issued by China.

It seems that the situation in the South China Sea is taking a turn for the worse. The increasingly harsh rhetoric is now being backed by a display of muscle. China sent one of its most modern surveillance vessels on a run through the South China Sea from Guangzhou to Singapore. The Philippines sent its largest – and apparently only – warship, a WWII vintage destroyer, on patrol through waters it now calls the West Philippine Sea. Vietnam and China have each conducted live-fire exercises while the US and ASEAN navies have just completed their annual joint naval exercise. This war of words and saber-rattling, if not handled properly, can lead to a situation that would complicate and even make it impossible for a diplomatic solution to be reached.

Other stakeholders include the United States, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Indonesia among others. The US had declared that freedom of navigation of the South China Sea is in its national interest. Japan and Korea have their own territorial dispute with China aside from the fact that its trade with Asia and Europe go through these disputed waters. Singapore has urged China to be more open about the extent of its territorial claims in the South China Sea, saying Beijing’s ambiguity was causing international concern. As a trading nation, Singapore’s interest is in preserving freedom of navigation in these waters. Even far away Australia has expressed its agreement with the position of the Philippines that international law, particularly the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), should be the basis for settling territorial disputes in the South China Sea. Indeed many countries outside the region have made it known that they have a stake in the peaceful settlement of the dispute. Each stakeholder has its national interests to promote and it would be useful to determine if there are areas where these intersect with each other. Finding such common ground can serve as the foundation for a solution to the dispute.

South China Sea issue - FILIPINO WORLD VIEW By Roberto R. Romulo | The Philippine Star » News » Business

Unfortunately, SCS is not historically a part of china.

Ask Taiwanese if they want to be a part of china, however. It seems like it China that is having problem with its right.

Says who, you?

There are two Taiwanese on this very forum. As I stated before if the U.S. or even the UN want to consider an independent Taiwan they have to get pass the KMT first.

The poster I replied to expressed incredulity at anyone believing that US would go to war with China 'when' China declared war on Vietnam + Philippines. I told him a reason the US might do so.

China will never attack Vietnam + Philippines. She will only regain the rightful territories in the South China Sea.

You need people to people contact. Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshis are basically the same people, albeit separated by borders. Countries have issues and there are ways to discuss and solve them. Our neighbors are doing it. Pakistan is being an exception under an illusion of Chinese "support". I seriously wonder what has China done for Pakistan? If Pakistan's current state of affairs is a consequence inspite of Chinese support, then I pity Chinese vision - whatever that be - and the countries which accept that!!

But then again, people from these countries basically help each other, be it as hosts in their own countries or in foreign lands. Opinions expressed here are just that. And the offensive ones, in the minority to boot. Oh Btw, if you go to another Pakistan defence forum (lame!) you might end up believing that Indians and Pakistanis are at each other's throats at a moments notice!

Wait a second so you are implying that people in South Asia actually hold a mildly antagonistic view against India instead of an intense one? Also what is up with your idea that China has to do with everything? Going by your logic I can say that U.S. military exports to India is keeping India and China from resolving the border issues.

Back
Top Bottom