What's new

China wants to export J-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSBN is not PLA's weakest component, but strategic bomber is.

Type 095 and Type 096 will be a big surprise.

H-8 strategic bomber under late development and H-9 atmospheric bomber under development

I don't know why people expect the J-20 to be much cheaper than the F-22. In high technology fields it takes almost as much to produce in China as the U.S.
I don't expect it to cost less than 100 million dollars and thats only if China makes like 500 of them. I don't think China will export the J-20 to any country until at least China gets close to a sixth generation fighter. Perhaps a single engine one might be developed for export.

I don't know why people expect the J-20 to be much cheaper than the F-22. In high technology fields it takes almost as much to produce in China as the U.S.
I don't expect it to cost less than 100 million dollars and thats only if China makes like 500 of them. I don't think China will export the J-20 to any country until at least China gets close to a sixth generation fighter. Perhaps a single engine one might be developed for export.

It stems from the misconception that China is only capable of producing inferior cheap goods. Once the high speed trains are delivered to California people will start to think differently.

china probably will sell it.thouth it will be a advanced plane.

but an advanced plane is just a part of the air force system.and the system is more important than just a plane

100 mill. is also not bad for PAF, and as I originally proposed, even 5-10 J-20 would be good for PAF.

The ultimate objective is deep penetration inside enemy space, not air domination. 5-10 J-20 ! heck, even 2 would be good to penetrate the radar system and go deep.

I think PAF should give J-10 a pass and move on directly to J-20.

2 would only cost 200 mill. at the most (and even 5 will be no more than 500 mill. so could be manageable, if amortized over a 10 or 20 year period.

It is also of great value that J-20s in PAF will not be facing F-22 in the opposition, so not counter either.

Since China never published how much its fighter jets cost, I will have to base it on the comments made by several prominent posters on the internet. Lizyu stated that PLAAF refused to take deliveries of the latest J-8F if it exceeded 100 mil Yuan (15 mil USD). J-10 cost around 190 mil (27 mil USD) according to Yan Feng, one of its test pilots. From these figures, we can safely assume that J-20 will shoot over 50 mil USD at conservative estimate, but I don't think it will push past 100 mil USD unless the dollar devalues significantly in the next 10 years.

That can happen from Pakistan as well. Remember some part of your military is still quite close to US. And there are American bases in Pakistan. And I think thats the reason Chinese will not sell J20 at least in the foreseeable future or unless they have some thing better.

Good thing is that with J20 in the pipeline the Chinese will give you the J10B soon.

Very reasonable

Who are "WE" here. Is J20 a joint venture between Pakistan and China? :undecided:

I appreciate the undecided face as Indians certainly would be the last party to be informed of this. The Chinese here certainly don't have a problem with Pakistanis referring to them as "we," why do you?

Since some fan-boys still don't understand ... here's an official statement concerning the export-availability of the J-20:

Ma told the broadcaster the J-20 would not be exported, a sign the aircraft is the most advanced fighter under development by the nation’s military.

“We are not considering putting [the J-20] on the global market,” he said.

via: http://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...r-force-chief-satisfied-j-20-stealth-fighters

China to speed up stealth fighter production, air force chief says
Comments by Ma Xiaotian appear aimed at dispelling concern J-20 is behind schedule

PUBLISHED : Friday, 04 November, 2016, 4:53pm
UPDATED : Friday, 04 November, 2016, 11:24pm

Viola Zhou

The PLA Air Force chief said development of the J-20 fighter jet would be sped up, in an apparent bid to quell speculation the domestic aircraft was falling behind its production schedule.

“Of course I’m satisfied,” General Ma Xiaotian said when asked about the performance of the J-20 after its brief public debut at the opening of Airshow China in Zhuhai in Guangdong on Tuesday.

“It’s a very good thing that our J-20 made an appearance here. We’re speeding up development,” Ma told Shenzhen Satellite Television.

Zhuhai air show opens with J-20 stealth fighter’s public debut likely to steal the limelight

A brief fly-past by the aircraft disappointed spectators and sparked concern among military analysts over the progress of the jet’s development. The pilots did not open the weapon bay doors as they did during a rehearsal a few days earlier.

Ma told the broadcaster the J-20 would not be exported, a sign the aircraft is the most advanced fighter under development by the nation’s military.

“We are not considering putting [the J-20] on the global market,” he said.

A military insider said Ma’s comments could be a way to pressure the manufacturer, Chengdu Aerospace Corporation, to deliver sooner. Japan already has F-35s built by Lockheed Martin, while South Korea expects to deploy its first batch of F-35s in 2018.

“There is a generation gap between the stealth fighters owned by China and its neighbours,” the insider said. “It creates strategic and psychological problems.”

He said the military was reluctant to provide details of the J-20 because some of its key components might not be finished or entirely originate from China.

The J-20 fly-past was to demonstrate Beijing’s confidence in its military capacity and boost national pride, Xinhua reported.

But other than the minute-long display, the public has not had another opportunity to see the aircraft.
“We learned very little. We learned it is very loud. But we can’t tell what type of engine it has, or very much about the mobility,” Greg Waldron, the Asia managing editor of FlightGlobal, told Reuters earlier.

China finishes hull of first domestically built aircraft carrier

Military officials have said that the J-20’s design is a military secret as it involves many of China’s top technologies.

At the previous Zhuhai air show in 2014, Beijing unveiled the Shenyang J-31, another stealth fighter under development, but with the intention of attracting foreign buyers.

State-owned Aviation Industry Corporation of China released the J-31’s specifications last year, hoping to compete with the F-35 in the global weapons market.

The J-20 and J-31 belong to China’s “fourth generation” of aircraft and should meet at least four requirements – including stealth technology, supersonic cruising speed, highly integrated avionics, and electronic fire-control systems.

So maybe we can stop here and end these endless purely academic discussions on "PAF will get the J-20" !

Deino

I do not think so.at least in 10 years,J20 will not be sold to any countries.
but,if pakistan wants some,it may be so.

I do not think so.at least in 10 years,J20 will not be sold to any countries.
but,if pakistan wants some,it may be so.
I don't think Pakistan want j20,they seem more interested with Turk paper fighter TFX which they think will be More so-called advance with west blood.

Last edited:
There's really no need to restart an already dead thread ... esp. concerning this topic !

Therefore thread closed. :closed:

Deino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom