What's new

China using Pak to slow India's rise

Sometimes we have to thank our strategic rivals. They give us focus and direction, the USA for example is someone China is motivated to compete with, in economic terms for example.

And Japan too, despite them causing a mass genocide of our people during WW2, we still learned a valuable lesson. The lesson is, "Don't be weak, or others will exploit you".

But Pakistan isn't a great example to compete, is she?

Same way Indians compare with China, everyone puts a target in front of them to achieve. China's example with 1.2 billion people is more relevant to India than that of Westerns.

But Pakistan isn't a great example to compete, is she?

Same way Indians compare with China, everyone puts a target in front of them to achieve.

I don't know much about the dynamic between India and Pakistan, so I can't answer your first question.

I agree with the second part, having a strategic rival is a great way to keep yourself motivated and focused. Having tough competition will remind you to keep improving yourself.

I agree with the second part, having a strategic rival is a great way to keep yourself motivated and focused. Competition can often be a very healthy thing.

Like I said, China is rather great example for India to follow. No else in the world has problems multiplied by a number as great as 1.2 billion.

Like I said, China is rather great example for India to follow. No else in the world has problems multiplied by a number as great as 1.2 billion.

I see your point. Due to the similar size of our populations, and our fast economic growth rates, we can both learn a lot from each other regarding social/economic issues affecting both our countries.

However we can learn a lot too from even very small countries/cities. South Korea for example have done really well with their economy recently, and Singapore too is someone to watch.

I see your point. Due to the similar size of our populations, and our fast economic growth rates, we can both learn a lot from each other regarding social/economic issues affecting both our countries.

However we can learn a lot too from even very small countries/cities. South Korea for example have done really well with their economy recently, and Singapore too is someone to watch.

Singapore could be a model for cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Calcutta. But India should follow Chinese model for primary education, healthcare and rural development.

Amen!:tup:

We should learn from China's experience ,but at the same time not set them as a benchmark or target.

Are there any evidence, that Pakistan is responsible for 7/7 or are you talking out of your -***

Instead of jumping in to smell what I talk out of my ***, you ought to read the context in which I said it, and read the complete comment. The person I replied to, made a reference to the Samjhota express bombing, which was carried out by right wing hoodlums. He speaks of it as though the Indian government does it, calling India "two faced" in the process.

So all I said was, if you do that, be prepared to hear Pakistani government being taken to task for the actions of "non state actors", and similar stuff. Do read the context next time.

btw, Aksai Chin can be returned to india if india agrees to exchange for mumbai.

Before that, you need to return Hong Kong to Britain. How unfair that they built such a great city, just for the fraudulent and thieving communists to go and take it away for themselves!

More instructive is another simple thing (refer Liu Xiaobo) - if China had stayed with the British or Japanese, you might have had 15-20 Hong Kongs/Tokyos by now. Pity, that your nation was taken over by brutal communists.

Last edited:
It is damn interesting to see indians are still crying for Kashmir.

Kashmir belongs to the people of Kashmir and Pakistan. Not india/indians.

We can do it the easy way, that is india should withdraw all troops and formally apologize for the war of invasion it did, or we can keep the status guo and let indian tax payers to allocate their very limited resources on military gears rather than infrastructure and education.

you pick one.

See, nations crib all the time.

Look at China, for example. Interesting that they are still crying for Arunachal Pradesh and Dalai Lama. Arunachal Pradesh belongs to India, and the Tibetans deserve their own nation. Be thankful that India is not actively supporting the Tibetan movement with funds. Your cowardly Communist masters are already whining and crying so much, they would probably have seizures if we start doing that.

Here, China has an easy choice. Get out of Tibet, give them the right to self determination, and apologize to the Tibetans (compensate them too). Else, further cement your nation's reputation as a whining and crying nation.

Before that, you need to return Hong Kong to Britain. How unfair that they built such a great city, just for the fraudulent and thieving communists to go and take it away for themselves!

More instructive is a simple refer (Liu Xiaobo) - if China had stayed with the British or Japanese, you might have had 15-20 Hong Kongs/Tokyos by now. Pity, that your nation was taken over by brutal communists.

You reply to stupidity with even more stupidity. :rolleyes:

How can you extoll the virtues of "colonialism" when you have seen what it did to your own country. India went from producing 20% of world GDP to only 2% after the British were done.

How many Hong Kongs did they leave you with?

Last edited:
China is India's biggest import trade partner if India's economy slows so will imports from China this will hurt the Chinese economy.

I'm highlighting the relevant portions for the record to put my point across.

So according to you ( China ) :

1)Our govt act of hosting a group is unacceptable.
2)India's accomodation of people who (again in your view ) trying to split China is unacceptable.
3)India's hosting them contradicts India's official stand-so to prove it to China that India does not seek to split China beyond any doubt it must expel over 10000 tibetans ( and cause a breach of its soveriegnty)
4) hosting them = supporting them
5)hosting them = interfering in China's self proclaimed internal affairs

and meanwhile
6) Kashmir ( according to China ) is not an internal matter of India...

The world does not run according to Chinese whims , friend.What you call my dishonesty , I would call your hypocrisy .....

besides the Dalai Lama govt in exile has no credible political or diplomatic power at all , like any other Tibetan student group or so called Free Tibetan networks which exist in the U.S or other western countries. Have you asked those govt.s to expel them ?

So to put it succinctly India has done all that is officially possible to respect Chinese integrity but China would want us compromise our sovereignty to accomodate them . Simultaneously to China our Territorial integrity is of no consequence .They are free to put a question mark on the Status of Kashmir as per their own wishful thinking.Is that it ?

So I guess we 've reached an impasse .....a difference in perspective here . Lets leave it at that.....

regards,

I am a little disappointed that you still can't grasp the point in my post.

You don't need to remind us that the world does not run according to Chinese whims, we are fully aware of that. But India seems don't understand that the world does not run according to Indian whims.

Let me do a loose analogy to demonstrate why India's hosting Tibetan government-in-exile is immoral and can't be justified.
Tibetan government-in-exile is like a thief who is trying to steal the diamond Tibet from China. India, though officially recognize the diamond belongs to China, is harbouring that thief in his house. So India is playing duplicity over Tibet, and the inability of that thief can't justify India's duplicity.

The point you need to keep in mind is India acknowledges China's sovereignty over Tibet.
So the following stands
1)Indian govt act of hosting a group is unacceptable.
2)India's accomodation of people who trying to split China is unacceptable.
3)India's hosting them contradicts India's official stand-
5)hosting them = interfering in China's internal affairs

China doesn't recognize India's sovereignty over Kashmir,so

I am not gonna explain more on this, because it is very clear that India has crossed the bottomline by supporting Dalai Lama and his fellows.

hembo's post has addressed most of your concerns raised in your previous post. I agree with most of what he said, but i want to add several points here.

No doubt China and India are competing with each other in many defferent fileds such as economy, politics, military, etc. We should not be surprised by such competition given the size of China and India, it is just a game which has been played everywhere for decades. On the contrary, we should welcome such game because it pushes us to grow. Since it is a game, it should be played by rules.

So far, China has not broken the rules yet, we didn't interfere with India's internal affairs. China's building harbor in Burma, connecting Pakistan with railway, selling weapons to Sri Lanka, all of these are within the rules. But India broke the rules by supporting Tibetan secessionists at the very beginning. Furthermore, India is continuing that mistake.

Since the rules have been broken, then the game will be played by no rules, the one who broke the rules in the first place should take the consequences. The funny thing is that player is complaining more loudly than anyone else.

Last edited:
I am a little disappointed that you still can't grasp the point in my post.

You don't need to remind us that the world does not run according to Chinese whims, we are fully aware of that. But India seems don't understand that the world does not run according to Indian whims.

Let me do a loose analogy to demonstrate why India's hosting Tibetan government-in-exile is immoral and can't be justified.
Tibetan government-in-exile is like a thief who is trying to steal the diamond Tibet from China. India, though officially recognize the diamond belongs to China, is harbouring that thief in his house. So India is playing duplicity over Tibet, and the inability of that thief can't justify India's duplicity.

The point you need to keep in mind is India acknowledges China's sovereignty over Tibet.
So the following stands
1)Indian govt act of hosting a group is unacceptable.
2)India's accomodation of people who trying to split China is unacceptable.
3)India's hosting them contradicts India's official stand-
5)hosting them = interfering in China's internal affairs

China doesn't recognize India's sovereignty over Kashmir,so

I am not gonna explain more on this, because it is very clear that India has crossed the bottomline by supporting Dalai Lama and his fellows.

hembo's post has addressed most of your concerns raised in your previous post. I agree with most of what he said, but i want to add several points here.

No doubt China and India are competing with each other in many defferent fileds such as economy, politics, military, etc. We should not be surprised by such competition given the size of China and India, it is just a game which has been played everywhere for decades. On the contrary, we should welcome such game because it pushes us to grow. Since it is a game, it should be played by rules.

So far, China has not broken the rules yet, we didn't interfere with India's internal affairs. China's building harbor in Burma, connecting Pakistan with railway, selling weapons to Sri Lanka, all of these are within the rules. But India broke the rules by supporting Tibetan secessionists at the very beginning. Furthermore, India is continuing that mistake.

Since the rules have been broken, then the game will be played by no rules, the one who broke the rules in the first place should take the consequences. The funny thing is that player is complaining more loudly than anyone else.

We always gonna support Dalai Lama and a free tibet it is our moral duty to help our buddhist brothers and sisters and you can not stop us just like Obama and Sarkozy met him he is our guest till Tibet gets its freedom

We always gonna support Dalai Lama and a free tibet it is our moral duty to help our buddhist brothers and sisters and you can not stop us just like Obama and Sarkozy met him he is our guest till Tibet gets its freedom

I am not surprised at all when Indians respond to my post in this way. It is indicating they are loosing the argument.

Mr Ajay, your reply is just a vivid proof that India is the one who should be responsible for all the tensions between China and India. Your post demonstrates that India's interference with China's internal affairs is as plain as a pikestaff, and India is still reluctant to rectify that mistake.

I can't stop India from supporting those secessionist, all i can do is telling you that India is gonna pay for what it has been doing to Tibet. So when that happens, i hope i won't hear any complaint from Indians like what we have heared in this forum. Crap like China-using-Pak-to-slow-India's-rise should never appear again. Remember, you are the one who started all this sh!t, you should take the consequences.

What a stupid thing to say. Exchange Aksai Chin for Mumbai? :rolleyes:

I see that your previous ban, has not stopped you from trolling.

Chinese-Dragon, i think that is a little to harsh to our own compatriote.

我是新来的,不了解情况,只是就事论事,没有其他意思。
不管peaceful是否说错了,他总没有对自己人不好。他对外人不好,又有什么错呢?如此严厉的措辞用在3哥身上没什么,用在自己人身上就有点不恰当了吧。

如果看过电影《教父》,肯定记得里面有句台词是“永远不要在外人面前与自己人做对“吧?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom