What's new

CHINA TO LEASE TYPE 092 SUBMARINE TO PAKISTAN

Complete wrong: Still No Submarine deal between China & Pakistan

Yeah, like they're gonna announce in big block letters that they just received a 12-missile-capable nuclear submarine from China. No one wants the political fallout of that.

If China really intends to offer the SSBN to Pakistan, then it should be Type 092G at least, because the original Type 092 is too outdated and unsafe.

There's a Type 092G? I thought all the Type 092s were of the same model.

Actually I think leasing a boomer or two with the full compliment of 12 SLBMs would be a great idea. If not the type 92 there is alway the possibility to extending the Type 94 production run by a sub or two.

There would be pretty much nothing India can do against Pakistan at that point.

Why extend production of Type 094-I when we can simply lease an upgraded Type 092?

Whatever, so long as Pakistan gets boomers to deter India.

"Leasing" does not mean "giving". Pakistan borrows the Type 092 because they want experience, not because they're gonna use it for war. It will give Pakistan valuable experience in operating and possibly constructing their own submarine.

So even if we lease the Type 096 submarines, it won't be used to "deter" India.

wait so what if a the sub was given without the missiles, would it violate any treaties then?

wait so what if a the sub was given without the missiles, would it violate any treaties then?

No, but a SSBN without the "B"(ballistic missiles) is just a SSN with lot of empty space.. it would be toothless tiger...with Pakistani having no way of rearming them(as they don't have any submarine launched ballistic missiles).

It will be much better to just lease them a SSN.

No, but a SSBN without the "B"(ballistic missiles) is just a SSN with lot of empty space.. it would be toothless tiger...with Pakistani having no way of rearming them(as they don't have any submarine launched ballistic missiles).

It will be much better to just lease them a SSN.

Leasing a ballistic missile submarine without the ballistic missiles is still important. They can get experience in operating a ballistic missile sub and to know its basic design.

Leasing a ballistic missile submarine without the ballistic missiles is still important. They can get experience in operating a ballistic missile sub and to know its basic design.

What use is the experience..when they don't have plan to build/operate one of their own in foreseeable future??

if it happens.....it will make China's fears come alive......this move would will push an India that does not choose sides into choosing sides and that would be detrimental for China and India alike.....

China would likely help Pakistan to convert their landbased ballistic missiles into seabased.

I still believe that Type 094-I is Type 092G, and this would also likely be the blueprint for PN's future SSBN.

Isn't India's Navy going to have 6 SSBNs at least in the future? Why is a big deal for PN having 1-2 SSBNs?

Last edited:
if it happens.....it will make China's fears come alive......this move would will push an India that does not choose sides into choosing sides and that would be detrimental for China and India alike.....

India already sides with the West, so China has nothing to worry about.

No matter what, China only views US as its biggest foe and threat, India was never a legitimate opponent no matter you guys act hostile toward us or not.

Last edited:
What use is the experience..when they don't have plan to build/operate one of their own in foreseeable future??

And since when did we decide that Pakistan won't be building a nuclear submarine in the future?

From what I've read, their program is in full swing.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

China would likely help Pakistan to convert their landbased ballistic missiles into seabased.

I still believe that Type 094-I is Type 092G, and this would also likely be the blueprint for PN's future SSBN.

Isn't India's Navy going to have 6 SSBNs at least in the future? Why is a big deal for PN having 1-2 SSBNs?

Type 094-I has 12 missiles. Type 092G has 16.

And since when did we decide that Pakistan won't be building a nuclear submarine in the future?

From what I've read, their program is in full swing.

Please do quote the source..where you have heard such..please let it not be the one , where a member was claiming that he had inside info.."that Pakistan is building a 300 tonne nuclear sub."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom