What's new

China to build 93,000-ton atomic-powered aircraft carrier

Indeed China has surpassed Russia in Many fields and the fields russia has an advantage in won't last that long, the Russian Defense industry also went through a lack of funding during the 90's including many setbacks for the Russian Military. Russia also lost alot of it's scientist and engineers left to the west.

Russia is pretty pissed at us as Ukraine gave us the only blueprint of the Soviet nuclear carrier as a gift, because we have helped them to get rid of that rusty Varyag, which was a heavy burden for the Ukrainian government.

Now Russia has to redesign everything from zero, that's also the reason why it took them so much time to renovate a small second hand 40000 tons carrier for India, since they have nearly lost all their aircraft carrier knowledge.

This is no different than US officials critisizing the F-35 or slamming the F-15 after what happened in Cope India.

Colonel General and commander in Chief of the entire Russian ground forces, might be different then a US officials :D

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Russia is pretty pissed at us as Ukraine gave us the only blueprint of the Soviet nuclear carrier as a gift, because we have helped them to get rid of that rusty Varyag, which was a heavy burden for the Ukrainian government.

Now Russia has to redesign everything from zero, that's also the reason why it took them so much time to renovate a small second hand 40000 tons carrier for India, since they have nearly lost all their aircraft carrier knowledge.

Ukraine tends to operate on it's own now, Russian desperately wants Ukraine back it's vital for strategic reason not to also mention many great scientist and engineers of the USSR cam from Ukraine. I will want to see the day when China suprassed Russia in almost all of it's fields heck maybe even China will sell Russia some weapons. ;)

As usual ptldM3 cannot face reality that Russia has fallen behind in many fields.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Ukraine tends to operate on it's own now, Russian desperately wants Ukraine back it's vital for strategic reason not to also mention many great scientist and engineers of the USSR cam from Ukraine. I will want to see the day when China suprassed Russia in almost all of it's fields heck maybe even China will sell Russia some weapons. ;)

Putin definitely has the plan to take back Ukraine/Kazakhstan/Belarus, but there is China's influence on these countries, so it is not that easy overall.

Same for Outer Mongolia, if it wasn't Russia, it should already be part of us.

Imagine for the Ulyanovsk supercarrier, it was made with 20 years of hard work from the Soviet scientists, while we easily got its blueprint as a free gift.

The 20 years of blood and tear from the Soviet scientists just turn into a free meal for China, so how Russia cannot be angry at us. :whistle:

Putin definitely has the plan to take back Ukraine/Kazakhstan/Belarus, but there is China's influence on these countries, so it is not that easy overall.

Same for Outer Mongolia, if it wasn't Russia, it should already be part of us.

Imagine for the Ulyanovsk supercarrier, it was made with 20 years of hard work from the Soviet scientists, while we easily got its blueprint as free gift.

The 20 years of blood and tear from the Soviet scientists just turn into a free meal for China, so how Russia cannot be angry at us. :whistle:

Russia-China need each other however I don't see Russia selling anymore weaponry in the future to China, you guys will have more cooperation and drills however don't see Weaponry sold to China.

[Indeed China has surpassed Russia in Many fields and the fields russia has an advantage in won't last that long, the Russian Defense industry also went through a lack of funding during the 90's including many setbacks for the Russian Military.

Define lack of funds. Much of the research and development still continued through the 1990's and this is evident in the technology that was introduced during that time. Moreover, for someone to surpass someone else there has to be no progress, last i check money this isn't the case.

Russia also lost alot of it's scientist and engineers left to the west.

What is a lot, I bet you can not even come up with a number. And you do realize how many scientists and engineers Russia had and still has. To put things in to perspective Russia leads the world in college graduation rates.

Russia-China need each other however I don't see Russia selling anymore weaponry in the future to China, you guys will have more cooperation and drills however don't see Weaponry sold to China.

Of course, we don't need the Russian weapons anymore, thus the cooperation will mostly base on oil and gas, hopefully Russia could sell more of their oil at a reasonable price, since they don't sell much of their oil and other resources to us.

Define lack of funds. Much of the research and development still continued through the 1990's and this is evident in the technology that was introduced during that time. Moreover, for someone to surpass someone else there has to be no progress, last i check money this isn't the case.

What is a lot, I bet you can not even come up with a number. And you do realize how many scientists and engineers Russia had and still has. To put things in to perspective Russia leads the world in college graduation rates.

Cancelling many of the Projects that the USSR/Russia had from the Carriers, Helicopters, tanks, Planes, Lack of funds cutting projects Russia simply did not have the resources and money during the 90's to finish most of the projects. So your saying China has made no progress in it's defense compared to Russia that's debatable.

Nope I can't however Russia lost plenty they went to China or the West, Russia is also suffering from a brain drain sure lot of graduates yet plenty want to leave Russia for the EU, USA or Canada simply due to many reasons.

Anyway gotten way of Topic a Chinese official said china needs at least 3-4 Carriers. China will likely keep it's current apart of the 3-4.

Cancelling many of the Projects that the USSR/Russia had from the Carriers, Helicopters, tanks, Planes, Lack of funds cutting projects Russia simply did not have the resources and money during the 90's to finish most of the projects. So your saying China has made no progress in it's defense compared to Russia that's debatable.

So what does cancelling or scrapping projects (many which were already under construction) have anything to do with your logic?

Much of the projects such as submarines, aircraft carriers ect were crapped after they were already layed down--meaning the design element was completed. As for helicopters, tanks and planes. You are sadly mistaken, companies such as Sukhoi did not skip a beat recall SU-47, SU-37, SU-35, and the endless SU-27 and SU-30 variants such as MK2. The same story for the helicopter manufacturers, not only were new designs introduced but new variants were also introduced. As for tanks the T-90 was introduced, as was the black eagle and just recently a new tank called the T-90AM was introduced and no it’s not the same thing as the original.

Nope I can't however Russia lost plenty they went to China or the West, Russia is also suffering from a brain drain sure lot of graduates yet plenty want to leave Russia for the EU, USA or Canada simply due to many reasons.

Stop driving in circles around the subject, you simply can not come up with any numbers so you continue to ovoid my question by using vague language such as “plenty”. If I go by your logic I can also say the US lost many engineers and scientists to Israel and Europe since it’s no secret that some have moved abroad to find work there.

There are also German engineers that work in Russia…so this means what? That Germany will not be able to built military toys?

Is it going to be something like US Nimitz class aircraft ?????? any conceptual pic??

Is it going to be something like US Nimitz class aircraft ?????? any conceptual pic??

It will be more like the US Gerald Ford class, since it will have the more advanced EMALS, not the steam catapult system like the Nimitz class.

It will be more like the US Gerald Ford class, since it will have the more advanced EMALS, not the steam catapult system like the Nimitz class.

I sort of think I kind of remember somebody maybe saying something like it might somehow be bigger and better than the Nimitz class supercarriers. It might kind of perhaps have an EMAL catapult along with razzle dazzle laser air defense and supercavitating stealth torpedoes. Yeah, expect some pictures soon!

Back
Top Bottom