What's new

China supports Pakistan's stand on Kashmir - Chinese Premier Li Keqiang

What I'm saying is that India's position (on Chinese territory being a part of Kashmir) logically means we can NEVER support India's position there.

So you really have given us no other choice but to side with Pakistan, since they do not claim Chinese territory as a part of Kashmir.

Interesting!! Suppose, India gives up its claim on Aksai Chin today, would the Chinese change their position to side with Pakistan? And be more rational in redesigning their foreign policy?

What I'm saying is that India's position (on Chinese territory being a part of Kashmir) logically means we can NEVER support India's position there.

So you really have given us no other choice but to side with Pakistan, since they do not claim Chinese territory as a part of Kashmir.
Actually China publicly maintains a neutral stance on Kashmir:
China holds a consistent and clear position on the Kashmir issue, which we believe is a historical left-over issue between India and Pakistan and should be properly settled between the two countries through dialogue and consultation. China's position on the CPEC will not affect where we stand on the Kashmir issue.

Clearly, considering that CPEC runs through territory that India claims. :P

Interesting!! Suppose, India gives up its claim on Aksai Chin today, would the Chinese change their position to side with Pakistan? And be more rational to redesign their foreign policy?

Due to CPEC I would say probably not. The investment has already been made, and if Gilgit-Baltistan is a part of India then there is no longer any land border between China and Pakistan.

Clearly, considering that CPEC runs through territory that India claims. :P

Due to CPEC I would say probably not. The investment has already been made, and if Gilgit-Baltistan is a part of India then there is no longer any land border between China and Pakistan.

You are clearly setting the game of the rule as per your own convenience. Can't argue with it :P

When they invested billions in West Kashmir, it is no longer a neutral country.

Nowhere in the article is it mentioned-China supports Pakistan's stance on Kashmir.
Anybody with a knowledge of english will realize; attaching great importance!=supporting Pakistan's stance on Kashmir.

What I can see is actually, you are reading to reply but not to understand and share. Re-read, even did not understand then read it again and again though I don't need the so-called oxford certification from you.

You just need to remove those high horse optics from the eyes, take a deep breath and read with patience so you would understand or you are trying to prove that being British colonial is a certificate to understand simple English and none other deserve. Next time before jumping on the gun and insulting anyone, be sure that what you are calling for. We had enough of such DGs and arm chair generals here.

You are clearly setting the game of the rule as per your own convenience. Can't argue with it :P

Uh yeah, geopolitics is all about national interests? :P

Everything I have said refers to national interests, I don't know why you are talking about the "game of the rule", what does that even mean?

Uh yeah, geopolitics is all about national interests? :P

Everything I have said refers to national interests, I don't know why you are talking about the "game of the rule", what does that even mean?
First, you said due to India's 'stance' (which we are ready to give up) on Aksai Chin you are sided with Pakistan. Then immediately you rejected to overhaul your India policy if it gives up its claim on Aksai Chin because of your heavy investment in West Kashmir with complete disregard of the disputed character of the region.. So, it becomes a head I win, tail you lose situation for India, isn't?

First, you said due to India's 'stance' (which we are ready to give up) on Aksai Chin you are sided with Pakistan. Then immediately you rejected to overhaul your India policy if it gives up its claim on Aksai Chin because of your heavy investment in West Kashmir with complete disregard of the disputed character of the region.. So, it becomes a head I win, tail you lose situation for India, isn't?

No, in fact both of them lead to the same conclusion.

If we side with India on Kashmir, we have to give up Aksai Chin - Hurts China's interests

If we side with India on Kashmir, CPEC will die because there will no longer be a land border between China and Pakistan - Hurts China's interests

Which part of this is confusing for you?

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom