What's new

China starts "combat ready" patrols in disputed seas

Palace to China: Don't take provocative actions

By Willard Cheng, ABS-CBN News
Posted at 07/13/2012 2:46 PM | Updated as of 07/13/2012 3:03 PM

MANILA, Philippines - Malacañang declined to comment on a report that China has allegedly built a radar in Subi Reef near the Kalayaan Group of Islands, saying it first has to be verified.

But Presidential Communications Development and Strategic Planning Office (PCDSPO) Secretary Ricky Carandang said that if proven, the action may viewed as a “provocative action.”

“ASEAN is now meeting, the foreign ministers. The idea being put forward is a code of conduct. What does the code of conduct say? It says none of the claimant countries should take any actions that would provoke tensions in the area. If that is confirmed, then that would be viewed, I would think, [as] a provocative action. That would not be consistent with the code of conduct which is being discussed now by ASEAN and by China,” Carandang said.

He urged the parties to avoid taking actions that may increase tensions over the disputed territory as the ASEAN and China discuss the possibility of adopting a binding code of conduct that will govern actions in the South China Sea.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/07/13/12/palace-china-dont-take-provocative-actions
Good! From these islands we'll launch rocket artillery into Manila to reduce Philippines to rubble.

The same kind of trick has been played by Philippines in 1999, while China was busy handling the event that "U.S. accidentally bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade".

If you have stolen something from others, you should be prepared to be stolen someday later :victory:

Go ahead, China. You 'd better go faster in Senkaku. Shoot down some Japanese safe guard ships then you will see what Japanese technical weapon can do with you...and who knows...:azn: you will see how fast Vietnamese SUKHOI can bomb your illegal occupation at Hoang Sa ?

Japan wasn't capable of conquering All of China even during WW2.

Look at the facts.

The war with Japan was during a time when China has not recovered from Dynastic revolution, has no technology, and FIGHTING A CIVIL WAR. Even then, Japan had to settle for just the NE Part of China (Manchuko).\

What makes you think Japan can conquer China now?

Not even the United States and all of its allies Combined can conquer China today. Taking China's land requires Army occupation. Anyone with half a brain will tell you that fighting a land battle with China inside Chinese territory is pure suicide. This is not even taking into account China's nuclear arsenal.

Apparently some of the posters here don't even have half a brain.

During WW2, Japan deployed its large airforce, battleships and cruisers, and tanks against the poorly trained and armed Chinese army. China then has practically no navy and a tiny outdated airforce, even the army infantry were having problem of insufficirnt rifles for every soldiers. In battles with Japanese, somtimes soldiers without rifle will follow at the back of others and pick up rifles from those felled in front of them and carried on fighting.

The Sichuan army was the best example of inadequately armed soldiers, large number of them armed with swords and spears yet they fight bravely against Japanese tanks, artilleries and and bombers at great costs to their lives.

China lost large area of land but she did not fall, in fact at the last stage of WW2, Chinese armies were scoring many victories and recovering some lost lands in Hunan province, also at Burma a modernised Chinese army help to drive Japanese out.

China did not fall then despite internal political divisions, inadequate weapons & equipment, poorly trained army, no navy and tiny airforce. Today's China is huge difference, any invasion army will be sinking in a bottomless pit.

During WW2, Japan deployed its large airforce, battleships and cruisers, and tanks against the poorly trained and armed Chinese army. China then has practically no navy and a tiny outdated airforce, even the army infantry were having problem of insufficirnt rifles for every soldiers. In battles with Japanese, somtimes soldiers without rifle will follow at the back of others and pick up rifles from those felled in front of them and carried on fighting.

The Sichuan army was the best example of inadequately armed soldiers, large number of them armed with swords and spears yet they fight bravely against Japanese tanks, artilleries and and bombers at great costs to their lives.

China lost large area of land but she did not fall, in fact at the last stage of WW2, Chinese armies were scoring many victories and recovering some lost lands in Hunan province, also at Burma a modernised Chinese army help to drive Japanese out.

China did not fall then despite internal political divisions, inadequate weapons & equipment, poorly trained army, no navy and tiny airforce. Today's China is huge difference, any invasion army will be sinking in a bottomless pit.

Red line>>> do you know why you won ? because at that time, China was keeping a right true, you have gotten a strong spirit, you didnot fight alone, you fighted Jap with the whole human being behind, with strong support from USSR, US and others.

Let see your situation now, only Chinese peoples behind China. The whole human being is supposed to stand in the opposite side. China is exactly the same with Germany situation before WW2. Why Chinese peoples support China ? Because they are provided with very wrong information, wrong point of views, wrong images such as China is bullied by smaller countries around, China is stealed by Vietnam, by Philippine, by Japan....bla...bla....all of them are leaded, controlled by evil US, who want to be the king of the world...bla...bla....all of these provocation make Chinese people get wrong angry, lead to wrong support to the government, meanwhile in fact no one takes or steals something from China, no one bully China. Only China change black into white.

The true will come soon or later. History proved dark side will be destroyed despite how strong they are. Choose the bright side.

1421 China Map Lays Claims to Americas :no: :no: :no:

1.jpg

All the Chinese Imperial Maps that I've seen shows that the southernmost extent of China ends at Hainan island. Then I found this ridiculous Mo Yi Tong Chinese map. It says China discovered the Americas before Columbus. I think China's historical claim over the SCS are based on HOAX. China can't identify specific historical evidence backing Beijing's claims. All of China's historical claim is not recognized in international law.

"Chinese Columbus" Map Likely Fake, Experts Say

"The map shows us the Chinese explorer has been to America years before Columbus," Liu added. "The map also shows us the Chinese understanding of the entire world."
Liu said he realized the significance of the map after reading a book by retired British naval officer Gavin Menzies.

The book, 1421: the Year China Discovered America, argues that Zheng led a fleet of 300 ships to America in the early 15th century to expand Ming China's influence.

Menzies also asserts that Zheng was the first person to circumnavigate the globe and that Chinese settlers established now-vanished colonies throughout the Americas.

What really happened is difficult to prove, because China burned the records of Zheng's expeditions, scholars say.

But academics overwhelmingly dismiss Menzies's claims.

Historical records show that from 1405 to 1433, Zheng led China's imperial Star Fleet on seven epic voyages, but he only reached as far as the southern coast of Africa.

Out of Style

The map, which is reportedly titled a "general chart of the integrated world," is dated 1763 and inscribed with the name Mo Yi-tong.

A lab in New Zealand is radiocarbon-dating a scrap of the map's bamboo paper to determine its age.

But even if the map is shown to be from the 18th century, it would be difficult to verify that it is a copy of an original map produced more than 300 years earlier.

One U.S. map expert says the map does not fit the style of Ming China.

"If this is a 1418 map, it's a whole style very much different than any 1418 map that I've seen," said John Hébert, the chief of the Geography and Map Division at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.

Hébert, who has only viewed a small reproduction of the map online, says the map's depiction of the Earth with China not at the center raises a red flag.

"I don't know of any entity at any time, Chinese or otherwise, that did not usually center their cartographic pieces with them[selves] in the middle," he said.

The map's depiction of California as an island also suggests that it could be a copy of a French 17th-century map, Hébert said.

"The other thing that's troubling is the shape of California as an island. That is too much, taken out of what I've seen by French mapping for that [17th] century … [It] almost begs as if we're looking at a 17th-century French world map that had been converted."

"Chinese Columbus" Map Likely Fake, Experts Say

The 1421 Myth Exposed
Chinese admiral Zheng He did not discored the world in 1421

Liu Claim

oh cool, a discussion about girls on a military forum. I dated a few Vietnamese girls when I was in the states, very pretty, the problem was that I had a really hard time understanding what they were saying. A lot of girls from shanghai are hot but I'd advise you to stay clear of them for they are DEVILS!!! Always plotting and always one step ahead of you (granted am not that smart). If you like EA girls, Taiwanese and Japanese are the way to go, very nice and considerate, they are the last ones in asia who will actually cook you dinner (as far as I know).

Korean chicks are extremely scary...

i need to go to bed argh

yehmm...because you mentioned. I met some girls from Shanghai at work and had lunch with them sometimes. Most of them are pretty and smart, but you´re right, they always look down at you. No go here. Most of them are married with Germans when they decide to stay here for ever. I knew a korean girl, and it always looked suspicious to me. a spy? Thank for the tip on Taiwanese and Japanese :-) :smitten:

so good night.

Red line>>> do you know why you won ? because at that time, China was keeping a right true, you have gotten a strong spirit, you didnot fight alone, you fighted Jap with the whole human being behind, with strong support from USSR, US and others.

In my opinion, both of your arguments are only partially true. The amount of aid received from the Allied forces and the SU are too late and too little (there are many books both in Chinese and English on this topic). However, Japan is too small to hope to completely annex China in one great war, its only hope was to conduct a blitzkrieg, force surrender the Chinese government and break the country into fighting warlords, when that failed the war was lost. As a mainland Chinese I believe the KMT's strategy of 'war of attrition' was a correct strategy.

Even if the Japanese did not DOW the US, it was still in the Allied Forces and SU's interest to aid China, for the game is called balance of power, nobody will want a Japan that dominates all of Asia.

Back on topic, even when China was at her weakest and Japan its strongest, Japan could not conquer China. Now that China have partially regained some of her formal strength, the odds are even more in China's favor. That's my opinion.

In my opinion, both of your arguments are only partially true. The amount of aid received from the Allied forces and the SU are too late and too little (there are many books both in Chinese and English on this topic). However, Japan is too small to hope to completely annex China in one great war, its only hope was to conduct a blitzkrieg, force surrender the Chinese government and break the country into fighting warlords, when that failed the war was lost. As a mainland Chinese I believe the KMT's strategy of 'war of attrition' was a correct strategy.

Even if the Japanese did not DOW the US, it was still in the Allied Forces and SU's interest to aid China, for the game is called balance of power, nobody will want a Japan that dominates all of Asia.

Back on topic, even when China was at her weakest and Japan its strongest, Japan could not conquer China. Now that China have partially regained some of her formal strength, the odds are even more in China's favor. That's my opinion.

yehmm...because you mentioned. I met some girls from Shanghai at work and had lunch with them sometimes. Most of them are pretty and smart, but you´re right, they always look down at you. No go here. Most of them are married with Germans when they decide to stay here for ever. I knew a korean girl, and it always looked suspicious to me. a spy? Thank for the tip on Taiwanese and Japanese :-) :smitten:

so good night.

Unlike many of my countryman, I do not think people (both men and women) marrying into foreign countries are 'betraying their mother land'. Quite the opposite, I think it's very cool and the only hope humanity have to stop wars caused by racial distrust (but we will find other excuses).

I suggest we all should talk about girls and such once in a while, helps to clear some of the hatred, of which this forum's got a bit too much of.

Philippine to China: Stay Out of Our Zone

MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines yesterday told China not to intrude into its territory after a fleet of 30 Chinese fishing vessels arrived in the Spratly Islands on Sunday.

The large fleet of fishing vessels arrived on the same day that a Chinese frigate stranded in Hasa Hasa Shoal in the West Philippine Sea was extricated by Chinese authorities. Chinese officials said the frigate was heading back to China.

“The Chinese fishing vessels must not intrude in the EEZ of the Philippines. We require China to respect the sovereign rights of the Philippines over the resources within our EEZ,” Foreign Affairs spokesperson Raul Hernandez said, referring to the country’s 200-mile exclusive economic zone.

Hernandez said the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has asked the Philippine Coast Guard to pinpoint the location of the Chinese fishing vessels “so that we can ascertain whether they are in our maritime domain.”

“If they intrude into our EEZ, we will file a protest,” Hernandez said.

Phl enjoying support

Malacañang, for its part, yesterday said the Philippines enjoys the support of the majority of ASEAN members on its position to seek peaceful, multilateral and rules-based approach to resolve the West Philippine Sea dispute despite the lack of a joint communiqué after the foreign ministers’ meeting in Phnom Penh due to the opposition of the chairman, Cambodia, a Chinese ally.

Phl to China: Stay out of our zone - The Philippine Star » News » Headlines

Another example of China's "MINE IS MINE, YOURS IS MINE AND WE SHARE." China should stop poaching in Philippine waters.

Another example of China's "MINE IS MINE, YOURS IS MINE AND WE SHARE." China should stop poaching in Philippine waters.

And you Filipino big mouths keep wondering why China is doing all this.

China may go to war with Vietnam to shore up support: Russian media
Staff Reporter 2012-07-17 08:03 (GMT+8)

An article published in a Russian newspaper suggests that China's government will launch a war against Vietnam over the South China Sea, both to establish sovereignty over disputed islands and consolidate the support of its public.

While both Beijing and Hanoi are inviting foreign companies to explore the rich natural resources beneath the South China Sea, Moscow appears to have sided with Hanoi rather than Beijing.

Russia's Gazprom, the largest natural gas extractor in the world, has signed a contract with the Vietnamese government to develop resources in disputed areas, triggering protests from Beijing. At the same time, Moscow has provided military assistance to Vietnam's armed forces, importing advanced weapons such as Su-30MK2 fighters, Gepard-class frigates and Yakhont anti-ship missiles.

Russia has also supplied weapons to India, another of China's regional competitors, and took part in the RIMPAC joint naval exercises held by the United States and its allies in the Asia-Pacific. From the Russian point of view, China remains a much bigger threat than Vietnam or even the United States.

Yet the article said that the Chinese government may launch a war against Vietnam simply to consolidate the rule of the Communist Party within the country, where leaders consistently worry about "social stability."

The article said that China is now being isolated by nearly every capital in the region, where six parties claim sovereignty over all or part of the islands and reefs of the South China Sea. Roughly 30 Chinese fishing boats arrived at the disputed Spratly Islands on Sunday, under the protection of Fishery Administration Ship 301, reported China's state-run Xinhua news agency. This fleet consisted of a 3,000-tonne supply ship and 29 other vessels, and will spend the next five to 10 days near the waters of Yongshu Reef, known in English as Fiery Cross Reef.

China may go to war with Vietnam to shore up support: Russian media

Vietnam does not even have the right to talk about China. Even if the Communist state falls, it can still nuke Vietnam 100 times over, erasing the country and its people from Earth, forever.

are you really a Canadian? or a Chinese with a someone else´s mask?
You can take a mini nuke and stick in your a@@@ and blow up yourself. That will be funny!

Chinese receiving their own dose of Medicine. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Reports: Russia seizes Chinese fishing boat
July 18, 2012 11:36am

Beijing - Russian coastguards have seized a Chinese fishing boat off the country's east coast after reportedly opening fire on the vessel, Chinese state media said on Wednesday.

The Global Times daily said the Chinese consulate in the eastern Russian city of Khabarovsk had been informed of the incident, which occurred on Monday after a three-hour chase.

It quoted Russian media as saying the coastguards first fired warning shots and then collided with the Chinese boat, shooting at it directly when the fishermen tried to prevent them from boarding.

Chinese government officials could not immediately be reached for comment, but the state-run Global Times said in an editorial that the incident was "unacceptable."

"We don't believe the Russian border patrol authorities specifically target Chinese ships. But it is unacceptable, regardless of what country's ship they were aiming at," said the paper.

"By creating fear through firing at civilian ships, Russia is displaying a wrong image." — AFP

Reports: Russia seizes Chinese fishing boat | GMA News Online | The Go-To Site for Filipinos Everywhere

Chinese Navy Hegemony Continues to Bully Unarmed Fishing Boats: Are the acts of Pirates or of a Navy?

What would that navy ship should act or behave toward those small fishing ships looking for shelter due to the big wind? In a civilized maritime law, the navy ship should have come into the rescue of the small ships in danger and then direct those ships out of their turf.

Instead, this navy ship shot at unarmed fishermen and beat them up and confiscated all of the catches, worth of $25,000. Is it a normal conduct of a navy? or the behavior of the navy ship was just like any pirates using force to brutalize unarmed people and rob their catches.

Chinese Navy Hegemony Continues to Bully Unarmed Fishing Boats: Are the acts of Pirates or of a Navy? - The medical and societal journal of a vitreo-retinal surgeon. | Eye Dr DeLengocky

The same kind of trick has been played by Philippines in 1999, while China was busy handling the event that "U.S. accidentally bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade".

If you have stolen something from others, you should be prepared to be stolen someday later :victory:

Chinese stole the wrekage of F117 night hawk and that is the reason US bombed the Embassy to stop the piracy of defence technologies.

Back
Top Bottom