What's new

China speaks better English than India, says study

Oh man i am gonna get fired.... Who will give buisness now. We people just get work because we know english and have no experience of handling anything what so ever

As someone who interacts with Indians & Chinese people everyday here in America, the Chinese accent is so much more easier to understand than the Indian accent. The Chinese people speak slower, & have clearer accents & better pronunciation than Indians. Indians speak very fast, some speak very good English, but those people are concentrated to the people from Hyderabad, Bangalore, Punjab, Bombay. The people from Gujarat who I interact with everyday speak pathetic English, even people from most parts of the South. It's hard to understand anything they say. They speak pathetic Hindi as well, besides the ones from Ahmedabad, from places like Surat, Baroda, Rajkot etc.

As someone who interacts with Indians & Chinese people everyday here in America, the Chinese accent is so much more easier to understand than the Indian accent. The Chinese people speak slower, & have clearer accents. Indians speak very fast, some speak very good English, but those people are concentrated to the people from Hyderabad, Bangalore, Punjab, Bombay. The people from Gujarat who I interact with everyday speak pathetic English. It's hard to understand anything they say. They speak pathetic Hindi as well, besides the ones from Ahmedabad, from places like Surat, Baroda, Rajkot etc.

You talking as if Pakistanis have a better accent..your accent is just the same and just as incomprehensible as Indians.

'China speaks better English than India, says study'

^^^ So? who gives a damn? Is development or Intelligence measured by the ability to speak English?

just sad really :/

You talking as if Pakistanis have a better accent..your accent is just the same and just as incomprehensible as Indians.

No, there is a significant difference b/w an Indian and Pakistani accent. I'm sure you would agree that Indian Punjabis, & people from Delhi & stuff speak better English than the people from Gujarat, & most parts of India? People in Lahore speak the same way people in Delhi do, & the "Hindi" people in Delhi speak is identical to Urdu. Hindi is also a more "sing-song", "bouncier" language than Urdu is. Which is why Urdu sounds more dignified than Hindi, while Hindi sounds like an uneducated person's language.

Also, Urdu has many letters Hindi doesn't have. No Urdu speaker says "jero" instead of zero, "su" for shoe, "ph-ood" for food, "rape" for wrap and many other examples, whereas Hindi speakers say these.

Most Chinese as i known have no problem with the pronounciation of "R".

i'm not generalising here!! yes.. pronounciation could be a hindrane for few that i have come accross. Don't get me wrong... used to have lot of chinese (mostly malayasian chinese) hostel mates during my time at manipal academy. did have a problem in communicating due to accent & pronounciation!!

No, there is a significant difference b/w an Indian and Pakistani accent. I'm sure you would agree that Indian Punjabis, & people from Delhi & stuff speak better English than the people from Gujarat, & most parts of India? People in Lahore speak the same way people in Delhi do, & the "Hindi" people in Delhi speak is identical to Urdu. Hindi is also a more "sing-song", "bouncier" language than Hindi is. Which is why Urdu sounds more dignified than Hindi, while Hindi sounds like an uneducated person's language.

Also, Urdu has many letters Hindi doesn't have. No Urdu speaker says "jero" instead of zero, "su" for shoe, "ph-ood" for food, "rape" for wrap and many other examples, whereas Hindi speakers say these.

and gaass what we aare p.roud of HINDI...

and gaass what we aare p.roud of HINDI...

Most of the Indians I know, besides the ones that reside in Punjab/Haryana; & big cities such as Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Bombay, speak very poor/hardly any Hindi. So no, most people in India are not even proud of their Hindi, & are poor at speaking it.

English is just a tool to comunicate... I never use english while having conversation with family, friends, teachers etc....
but when I go to non-hindi speakers states I have to use english

we are not proud of english unlike china and Pakistanis...

It's amusing how Indians are sarcastically complaining about job loss, it appears true that in India many people have to learn English to get a job the national language Hindi isn't sufficient enough and their economy of call centers requires them to learn English. To them learning English is a sense of pride and honor. I'm glad they think like that.

Most of the Indians I know, besides the ones that reside in Punjab/Haryana; & big cities such as Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Bombay, speak very poor/hardly any Hindi. So no, most people in India are not even proud of their Hindi, & are poor speaking it.

I am from one of the regions you mentioned.... still i know very well hindi and I am proud of it

It's amusing how Indians are sarcastically complaining about job loss, it appears true that in India many people have to learn English to get a job the national language Hindi isn't sufficient enough and their economy of call centers requires them to learn English. To them learning English is a sense of pride and honor. I'm glad they think like that.

Are you ashamed that you know English?..or could not find a decent Urdu speaking job back home and had to learn English and move to US ?

Back
Top Bottom