What's new

China Seeks A Naval Base West Of India

Hello Pashwa,

1===== I would like to see your backing for the claims. As far as I know, India always tilted towards Israel and I am missing a video interview of one senior Indian representative failing to condemn Gaza attacks. If you want to say you have relationship with both then the same Relationship is maintained by USA wit Israel and Palestine. But its Israel's point of view thats being backed and Palestenians are only made to "understand" and "comply". I want to see how India supported Palestinians and supported some of their claims against Israel.

Actually you're mistaken my friend, India recognized Israel only in 1992 and has been an avid supporter of Palestine since the 80s....
Please see below link for a snipette of the support India has shown towards Palenstine barring its warm relations with Israel.....

India, Palestinian Authority take stock of Middle East peace process - Monsters and Critics

The above just demonstrates India's importance in the Middle East peace process and the diplomacy it has shown in managing its relationships.....

PS: Sorry didnt have time to research much so am providing the first source I found.....let me know if you need other reports.....

2===== You are dropping Iran already. IPI project and Nuclear stances are both issues that are heavily influenced by USA's intents.

India dropping from the pipeline does not equate to India dropping Iran as an ally.....
Please note that as mentioned earlier, there were strategic and security implications along with differences on the cost of gas that came with the pipeline....something that could become a noose around India's neck in a clutch time.....When India has other options for energy, why would India take the riskier option?....as mentioned earlier, India and Iran both will lookout for themselves before their allies.....
As far as the nuclear stance goes, India's vote being an ally was important, but not as key as China and Russia, who despite being opposed to US hegemony, were convinced to vote against Iran through coersion by Obama and the US govt......And Russia is a major military partner when it comes to Iran....
So please dont selectively judge India as an outlier.......

3===== In spite of Iran's stand and its gun swinging president, we are not finding it hard to friend with them. Its the same government with whom we are building IPI and Railway links. Looks like you are giving your reason that why you should not ally with Iran instead of supporting your friend.

See this is what I mean by bringing in "personal" opinions.....In international politics, one cannot judge "friendship" in the same way that one does on the school playground......
India cannot support Iran on everything blindly just because they are termed an ally....If India feels negatively about certain actions that its ally country is hell bent on....then we will oppose them....as India did with the recent Israeli offensive on Gaza
Like I said, India is a sovereign state that does not bend to international pressure......

Also, do keep in mind that Pakistan and Iran relations are thawing, but Iran is still extremely suspicious of Pakistan....especially with the recent attack on the revolutionary guards being blamed on ISI....

India on the other hand, despite the recent events is steadily building trade routes into CAR through Iran with the Chahabar port, Zalranj-dilaram highway etc.....I dont think India would be willing to invest in this corridor if it planned to dump Iran....

Please see above

So, some here are suggesting that Iran, which has deep-rooted historical cultural links with India, would allow the Chinese to set up a military base on its soil so that they could target India.

:lol:

Nearly 40% of refined oil consumed by Iran is imported from India -
Does US road to better relations with Iran pass through India? / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

India is the one of the largest participants in Iran's oil and gas sector -
Indian consortium to invest in Iran gas field

India built the only major highway linking Afghanistan with Iran -
Free Article for Non-Members | STRATFOR

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Indo-Iranian ties are largely undercover for obvious reasons.

So, continue with your wet dreams over an anti-India Chinese naval base in the Persian Gulf.

not sure if iran would allow a chinese base or not.... but a few things..

china would only be too happy to build a few refineries(happening)

also china would love to participate in the oil and gas sector

and....we all know the chinese can build roads, quite nice ones too so these things u lists are not going to be lost should iran get closer with china

Thought I'd post this on this thread

Looks like the British are getting a bit antsy?

Sri Lanka port built with Chinese help

A vast new port facility is being built in the Sri Lankan town of Hambantota, eight months after the end of the country's civil war.

Western countries criticised the Sri Lankan army's conduct in the war, and the government is now looking east for support.

China has stepped in to help build the port, which, it is thought, could one day serve a military purpose.

Charles Haviland gained exclusive access to the facility.

WATCH THE VIDEO: BBC News - Sri Lanka port built with Chinese help

Back
Top Bottom