What's new

China Seeks A Naval Base West Of India

but i hope you guys havent forgot...india is developing a port in iran.......just a remainder so no more nonsense comes out

China can have a Navy Base In Iran

IRAN wants to be a regional if not a global power.

Having China set up shop in IRAN subverts their own power.

Navy base no.

Supply base perhaps. But it will still be Under Iranian Control

but i hope you guys havent forgot...india is developing a port in iran.......just a remainder so no more nonsense comes out

So is it developing a port or a naval base???

I personally don't think Iran would allow an Indian naval base on its land, because of its relations with Pakistan.

I personally don't think Iran would allow an Indian naval base on its land, because of its relations with Pakistan.

Yes you are right.IRan wont allow India to do this..

It is easier to have friendly relations with countries which does not share borders as there is little conflict of interest.
China does not have border with SL otherwise by now you would have been Chinese.

Oh hoo jazbati ho rahe ho bhai. When Srilanka touches India and India is not able to make Sri Lankan an Indian state, why are you thinking China would have done it? Now India touches China, is India a Chinese state?

Look at the attitude of countries that are making progress and having better relations with its neighbors and other countries beyond their borders. You will find countries who are prospering have respect for others and they value them as much as they value themselves. India's doctrine to Dominate has brought it to isolation within its own region while China is supporting and cooperating with smaller states and is gaining what India is not able to gain.

Last edited:

It wont be Pakistan alone, India is dragging towards USA/Israel camp and both are Iran's worst enemies. Every step that India takes to get close to USA will have its consequences on Iran-India relationship because USA would want to use India to gain every bit of favor they can. We just saw India opposed Iran on the issue of Nuclear Weapons.

Look at the attitude of countries that are making progress and having better relations with its neighbors and other countries beyond their borders. You will find countries who are prospering have respect for others and they value them as much as they value themselves. India's doctrine to Dominate has brought it to isolation within its own region while China is supporting and cooperating with smaller states and is gaining what India is not able to gain.

Completely false statements.....

Except for Pakistan and China....India has excellent relations with all countries....MAYBE some water dispute with BD....but even that is non-existant in the current scenario...

I would love to see some reports on how all of India's neighbors have problems with her and how it has hindered India's growth....
Last I checked our growth rate tallies at 7-8% and our bank balance speaks for $250Billion in foreign reserves....not counting Bullion even...and we have tremendous international support, be it the west, middle east (Israel and Palestine both consider us Allies) and far east.....not to mention growing clout!!!

And the statement about India dominating its neighbors....seriously speaking, except for the Pakistani's and Chinese on this forum (who happen to be traditional enemies....include BD as it may have some day dreamers from E.Pak days)...I havent met anyone who felt this about India....
Please back up your statements......

It wont be Pakistan alone, India is dragging towards USA/Israel camp and both are Iran's worst enemies. Every step that India takes to get close to USA will have its consequences on Iran-India relationship because USA would want to use India to gain every bit of favor they can. We just saw India opposed Iran on the issue of Nuclear Weapons.

Not true again.....

Indian democracy allows for different schools of thought on foreign policy....The current regime is all about the US skew.....

The BJP etc are hell bent on dumping the US......

The Maoists and commies want closeness with China.....

For all you know, India might be a Chinese ally in the next decade....given that Maoists can come to power..(thru political means)

One thing is certain, that India can play its diplomatic card very well as it has done with Israel and Palestine.....
Similarly, I fail to see why we would drop Iran at the cost of Israel or the US......
Please dont look at foreign relations of a country from a "personal" point of view....All countries including Iran lookout for themselves first, then their allies....so the recent vote against Iran in IAEA, and the IPI pipeline delays should be looked at from a strategic gain for India which obviously it will lookout for!!!...

Besides...Ahmadnijad with his gunslinging attitude isnt making it any easier to be friends with Iran.....this is not just India, but even other Iraninan allies such as Russia and China have shown similar trends....

Oh hoo jazbati ho rahe ho bhai. When Srilanka touches India and India is not able to make Sri Lankan an Indian state, why are you thinking China would have been done it. Now India touches China, is India a Chinese state?

First bold part.
People try only which seems achievable and desirable .

Second Bold Part
List few countries minus Pakistan, even in case of Pakistan you do not have a conflict of interest, in fact it is other way round where they can offer each other and benefit from it.

About Pakistan how many border countries you have good relationship with Iran? Afghanistan?

China can have a Navy Base In Iran
:rofl:
Stop living in fools paradise cowboy, Indian Navies reach is way much broader than your Island's boundry. Now India has Andamon & Nicobar as natural aircraft carrier in South East.

Maldives are now under Indian security net, in south west we have naval base in Madagascar Islands. Egypt also had offered a naval base to Indian Navy.

"They call it Indian Ocean for a reason."

Last edited:
Completely false statements.....

Except for Pakistan and China....India has excellent relations with all countries....MAYBE some water dispute with BD....but even that is non-existant in the current scenario...

I would love to see some reports on how all of India's neighbors have problems with her and how it has hindered India's growth....
Last I checked our growth rate tallies at 7-8% and our bank balance speaks for $250Billion in foreign reserves....not counting Bullion even...and we have tremendous international support, be it the west, middle east (Israel and Palestine both consider us Allies) and far east.....not to mention growing clout!!!

And the statement about India dominating its neighbors....seriously speaking, except for the Pakistani's and Chinese on this forum (who happen to be traditional enemies....include BD as it may have some day dreamers from E.Pak days)...I havent met anyone who felt this about India....
Please back up your statements......

Only Pakistan and China have capacity not to surrender and see they both are non-friendly to India. Other countries that are not full enemies but non friendly include Bangladesh and Sri Lanka but they are not in position to stand against it, so you can consider them as unhappy states instead of enemy. Bhutan, Nepal are under India's full dominance. No complains on that as they are too small to resist. I think Myanmar is the only country that is India's achievement.

‘India must dominate or perish’. Perish it will not. So dominate it must. - Pandit Nehru

First bold part.
People try only which seems achievable and desirable .

Second Bold Part
List few countries minus Pakistan, even in case of Pakistan you do not have a conflict of interest, in fact it is other way round where they can offer each other and benefit from it.

About Pakistan how many border countries you have good relationship with Iran? Afghanistan?

Yup Both. Afghanistan and Pakistan exist as borderlines states. Let Yankees run away and you will see these two states existing as before.

Iran? Iran offer us free fuel when we fight you. :azn: We are undergoing biggest gas pipeline project and building rail-roads from Pakistan to Iran to Turkey and possibly beyond. :yahoo: We are getting closer every passing day.

Towards north, there lies our friendliest friend :china:

We have just one enemy on the Eastern Side and thats one big country who is denying Pakistan its own territory. Otherwise that wouldn't be an enemy state either.

Not true again.....

Indian democracy allows for different schools of thought on foreign policy....The current regime is all about the US skew.....

The BJP etc are hell bent on dumping the US......

The Maoists and commies want closeness with China.....

For all you know, India might be a Chinese ally in the next decade....given that Maoists can come to power..(thru political means)

One thing is certain, that India can play its diplomatic card very well as it has done with Israel and Palestine..... ========1

Similarly, I fail to see why we would drop Iran at the cost of Israel or the US======2......

Please dont look at foreign relations of a country from a "personal" point of view....All countries including Iran lookout for themselves first, then their allies....so the recent vote against Iran in IAEA, and the IPI pipeline delays should be looked at from a strategic gain for India which obviously it will lookout for!!!...

Besides...Ahmadnijad with his gunslinging attitude isnt making it any easier to be friends with Iran======3.....this is not just India, but even other Iraninan allies such as Russia and China have shown similar trends....

Hello Pashwa,

1===== I would like to see your backing for the claims. As far as I know, India always tilted towards Israel and I am missing a video interview of one senior Indian representative failing to condemn Gaza attacks. If you want to say you have relationship with both then the same Relationship is maintained by USA wit Israel and Palestine. But its Israel's point of view thats being backed and Palestenians are only made to "understand" and "comply". I want to see how India supported Palestinians and supported some of their claims against Israel.

2===== You are dropping Iran already. IPI project and Nuclear stances are both issues that are heavily influenced by USA's intents.

3===== In spite of Iran's stand and its gun swinging president, we are not finding it hard to friend with them. Its the same government with whom we are building IPI and Railway links. Looks like you are giving your reason that why you should not ally with Iran instead of supporting your friend.

Only Pakistan and China have capacity not to surrender and see they both are non-friendly to India. Other countries that are not full enemies but non friendly include Bangladesh and Sri Lanka but they are not in position to stand against it, so you can consider them as unhappy states instead of enemy. Bhutan, Nepal are under India's full dominance. No complains on that as they are too small to resist. I think Myanmar is the only country that is India's achievement.

‘India must dominate or perish’. Perish it will not. So dominate it must. - Pandit Nehru

I dont agree with your comments on the status of India's relationships with its neighbors...especially the "dominance" bit....

But difference in opinion apart, Im yet to hear your opionion or example of how the apparent "sour" relations between India and its neighbors has negatively affected Indian position, stand, economy, military might, clout....etc....
Do remember, that despite the border conflict with China, Indo-China trade has only flourished and China still remains one of the largest trading partners for India....

So, some here are suggesting that Iran, which has deep-rooted historical cultural links with India, would allow the Chinese to set up a military base on its soil so that they could target India.

:lol:

Nearly 40% of refined oil consumed by Iran is imported from India -
Does US road to better relations with Iran pass through India? / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

India is the one of the largest participants in Iran's oil and gas sector -
Indian consortium to invest in Iran gas field

India built the only major highway linking Afghanistan with Iran -
http://www.stratfor.com/memberships...istan_iran_india_completes_new_strategic_road

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Indo-Iranian ties are largely undercover for obvious reasons.

So, continue with your wet dreams over an anti-India Chinese naval base in the Persian Gulf.

Back
Top Bottom