What's new

China’s war-like logistics of Libya evacuation are world-class.

@Joe.. don't sweat it out. The guy has made some genuine effort to trumpet the truth... give him some credit.

A truly outstanding illustration of how autocracy and dictatorship wins over democracy every time. While China has moved swiftly and effectively, we have the sad case of our own country, with only one-third (18,000) the number of people in Libya that China had, not being able to do anything.

Congratulations to the Chinese leadership on taking swift and decisive action while the rest of the world slept, or wrung its hands. An ordinary Indian is disappointed to read what his own government has done, when faced by the same crisis; a short account is appended below.

This is the bread and butter of the party's support, if it cannot perform in times of crisis, it's existence is in question.

I'm sure you have heard of the concept of mandate of heaven and how in Chinese history numerous dynasties and emperors were thrown by the way side because they failed to act decisively to a natural disaster (Yuan dynasty is one example there are others) and were thus seen as having the mandate of heaven resined.

I believe that the same concept goes on today and explains why the CCP throws every available asset at natural disasters and anything that resembles a natural disaster. The CCP has no doubts about who were the balance of power lays, and it lays with the people. I won't say that China is a democratic but I will say that the government pay very very close attention to the wishes and whimes of the people.

An old Chinese proverb

水能载舟,亦能覆舟 (pinyin: shuǐ néng zài zhōu, yì néng fù zhōu)
Literally: Not only can water float a boat, it can sink it also.
Moral: The people(water) can raise someone(boat) to power, but can also take it away(sink).

This is the bread and butter of the party's support, if it cannot perform in times of crisis, it's existence is in question.

I'm sure you have heard of the concept of mandate of heaven and how in Chinese history numerous dynasties and emperors were thrown by the way side because they failed to act decisively to a natural disaster (Yuan dynasty is one example there are others) and were thus seen as having the mandate of heaven resined.

I believe that the same concept goes on today and explains why the CCP throws every available asset at natural disasters and anything that resembles a natural disaster. The CCP has no doubts about who were the balance of power lays, and it lays with the people. I won't say that China is a democratic but I will say that the government pay very very close attention to the wishes and whimes of the people.

An old Chinese proverb

水能载舟,亦能覆舟 (pinyin: shuǐ néng zài zhōu, yì néng fù zhōu)
Literally: Not only can water float a boat, it can sink it also.
Moral: The people(water) can raise someone(boat) to power, but can also take it away(sink).

Truly thought provoking. I wish Manmohan Singh, for example, were to 'get it', and just leave quietly. On the other hand, that would mean Advani for PM [barf].

Truly thought provoking. I wish Manmohan Singh, for example, were to 'get it', and just leave quietly. On the other hand, that would mean Advani for PM [barf].

Well India is a democracy, the worse thing that could happen to a party is that it is kicked out of power till nexttime. Not so with the CCP, if they screwed up, the people won't stop at kicking them out of power.

The small things people are willing more or less to tolerate and censorship helps to douse the fire, but they know if they wreck the economy or fail to live up to some other major obligation (ie security sovereignty) they are out.

A truly outstanding illustration of how autocracy and dictatorship wins over democracy every time. While China has moved swiftly and effectively, we have the sad case of our own country, with only one-third (18,000) the number of people in Libya that China had, not being able to do anything.

2 obvious mistakes here:

1. China is not a "autocracy and dictatorship", it is called Oligarchy. Google it if you don't understand. The background story is simple: in China, the 9 men Politburo controls the power, within the Politburo, there is one man one vote.

2. India is not a democracy. It is a typical fake democracy.

Well India is a democracy, the worse thing that could happen to a party is that it is kicked out of power till nexttime. Not so with the CCP, if they screwed up, the people won't stop at kicking them out of power.

No, india is not a democracy.

and

when the regime in new delhi fails the entire nation, they didn't get kicked out. for example, the moron Singh cheated the entire nation, he claimed that Mumbai would catch up with Shanghai by 2009. what happened to him? he gets re-elected.

The regime in new delhi is still oppressing/cheating the people of india. the scale is unbelievable.

2 obvious mistakes here:

1. China is not a "autocracy and dictatorship", it is called Oligarchy. Google it if you don't understand. The background story is simple: in China, the 9 men Politburo controls the power, within the Politburo, there is one man one vote.

2. India is not a democracy. It is a typical fake democracy.

1. How does that even make a difference? It is not 1 man with Absolute Power, it is 9 men. Congratulations.
2. What is a typical fake democracy? Is it one man - one vote for everyone? Then yes, India is a typical fake democracy :sarcasm:

1. How does that even make a difference? It is not 1 man with Absolute Power, it is 9 men. Congratulations.

It is of course different.

Learn some politics before posting, thanks.

2. What is a typical fake democracy? Is it one man - one vote for everyone? Then yes, India is a typical fake democracy :sarcasm:

No, it is not. A fake democracy is the one which denies the basic right of half billion females in india, a fake democracy is the one which keep cheating its population.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Thread is being diverted............
MODS take action.

please stop spamming in this thread/on this forum. go back to your indian forum please.

Back
Top Bottom