What's new

China’s Noisy Subs Get Busier — And Easier to Track

I think there is too much generalization, there are huge variety of subs, some may be loud, some may be silent (like ultra-quiet diesel subs US always have problems with).

People are missing the point, the thread is about Jin class nuclear powered subs. No point for bringing Song class diesel electric subs.

PLA navy subs advertise their presence in the sea from 25 miles away, and be dealt with at will safely and efficiently.

It kinda explains why the PLA was so obsessed with anti-ship ballistic missile concept, since their anti-ship cruise missiles and torpedo could not approach US fleet close enough for an attack.

By making themselves easily available to be sunk, PLA subs contribute to peace in the South China Sea and the Taiwan Straits.

They could have been loud for a reason, PLA is no joke, they can dent you if they must.

People are missing the point, the thread is about Jin class nuclear powered subs. No point for bringing Song class diesel electric subs.

09IV is not built to attack an aircraft carrier but to send out a dozen of warheads (half a million tons TNT each) to the other side of the world. It can launch at the very footstep of our front door so it's not a big deal if it's a little bit noisy or not.

did the title say "Jin class",why I didnt see it??and when being under attack,carriers can't choose what kind of subs they like to fight.

US carrier shield is a joke.lol...

By the time it surfaced the 160ft Song Class diesel-electric attack submarine is understood to have sailed within viable range for launching torpedoes or missiles at the carrier.

Yes China is 3 decades behind on nuclear subs, which is why we need to spend more money on these programs. Nothing to worry about.

we never dent a coutry.especially those who were a dependency country of us.we r generous to them,at least i think this way.

oh i forget....some country was not only a dependency country of us,but also dependency country of japan,and then,it become a dependency country of U.S....en....that should be difficult to decide....>_<

It's okay. The Chinese military is more than capable of putting down any other foe not named United States in Asia. I don't know why Indians and some two bit Korean got all excited. Especially the "Korean" guy, even North Korea was able to whack you fairly easily.

09IV is not built to attack an aircraft carrier but to send out a dozen of warheads (half a million tons TNT each) to the other side of the world. It can launch at the very footstep of our front door so it's not a big deal if it's a little bit noisy or not.

The Type 094 can carry 16 SLBMs, and we have 4 of them in service right now.

BTW, those so-called Type 094 that you saw online are not the real one, these subs are the Type 092G in fact.

I think the US analysts were mentioning the nuclear subs (the Type 091s and Type 093s). Those are noisier than their US equivalents but with the building of Type 095, that will no longer be the situation.

I agree with ChineseTiger1986, the fact that a Type 039 submarine popped in the middle of a US fleet shows how serious Chinese submarines and their sailors could get in a time of war. And they would not reveal their true signature during such maneuvers.

Not to mention the website is anything but a reliable source.

The Type 094 can carry 16 SLBMs, and we have 4 of them in service right now.

BTW, those so-called Type 094 that you saw online are not the real one, these subs are the Type 092G in fact.

Where did you get all this inforomaiton?

Back
Top Bottom