What's new

China’s Noisy Subs Get Busier — And Easier to Track

I think the US analysts were mentioning the nuclear subs (the Type 091s and Type 093s). Those are noisier than their US equivalents but with the building of Type 095, that will no longer be the situation.

At least the old noisy Type 091 can also secretly visit the Guam Island without getting detected.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Where did you get all this inforomaiton?

From the military insiders, none of them agree that these humpback subs are the true Type 094.

At least the old noisy Type 091 can also secretly visit the Guam Island without getting detected.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

From the military insiders, none of them agree that these humpback subs are the true Type 094.

So in your opinion there are four subs in PLAN that we haven't seen before?

Wired.com is not a good source for military information. The article couldn't even distinguish between nuclear and diesel-electric submarines properly!

:rofl:

We have already deployed a truly world class diesel-electric submarine. The nuclear submarine with world class standards (comparable to Virginia class and Astute) should have launched in late 2011 or will launch soon in 2012.

Qing.jpg

Wired.com is not a good source for military information. The article couldn't even distinguish between nuclear and diesel-electric submarines properly!

:rofl:

We have already deployed a truly world class diesel-electric submarine. The nuclear submarine with world class standards (comparable to Virginia class and Astute) should have launched in late 2011 or will launch soon in 2012.

Qing.jpg

My very first job out of college was working for Lockheed Martin on sonar for NSSN Virginia Class. If China caught up with Virginia class, then the gap is less than 10 years. I don't believe this is true, but I also don't believe China is 30 years behind like this article says. But I also think 80 state of the art diesel electric attack subs can hold their own against 20 Virginia class nuclear attack subs. The only advantage of nuclear is longer patrols, but you are limited by provisions anyway.

My very first job out of college was working for Lockheed Martin on sonar for NSSN Virginia Class. If China caught up with Virginia class, then the gap is less than 10 years. I don't believe this is true, but I also don't believe China is 30 years behind like this article says. But I also think 80 state of the art diesel electric attack subs can hold their own against 20 Virginia class nuclear attack subs. The only advantage of nuclear is longer patrols, but you are limited by provisions anyway.
Virginia entered service in the mid 90's. If Type 095 enters service around 2015, we are behind USA's state-of-the-air by ~20 years, which is where I think China is (same thing was said by PLA general).

The Type 094 can be seen in some random footages of the PLAN drill, and they tend to look a lot like the French Triomphant class.

But many people just didn't use to notice it.
Pics?

The Type 094 can be seen in some random footages of the PLAN drill, and they tend to look a lot like the French Triomphant class.

But many people just didn't use to notice it.

Where can I see the footages?

Virginia entered service in the mid 90's. If Type 095 enters service around 2015, we are behind USA's state-of-the-air by ~20 years, which is where I think China is (same thing was said by PLA general).

Pics?

The Type 095 gonna be entering into the service by 2012.

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Where can I see the footages?

I posted one in early of this year, but i just forget where to find it right now.

Pics?

What makes you think type 095 is comparable with Virginia class subs?

I just found the video, but it was already expired. :hitwall:

[?]???????"+pindao+"_??

I was posted in this thread about the succesful test of JL-2A in last year at post #13.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...cbm-succeeded-tests-december-26th-2010-a.html

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

What makes you think type 095 is comparable with Virginia class subs?

The Type 095 can generate nearly endless of the electric power, this alone makes it a world class technology.

I just found the video, but it was already expired. :hitwall:

[?]???????"+pindao+"_??

I was posted in this thread about the succesful test of JL-2A in last year at post #13.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...cbm-succeeded-tests-december-26th-2010-a.html

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

The Type 095 can generate nearly endless of the electric power, this alone makes it a world class technology.

Your type 095 isnt operational yet and you already know it can generate nearly "endless " of electric power? OK I rest my case. By the way "endless" electric power dont world class subs make. As Yoda used to say.

^^

You get your defence analysis from Wired??

So how did a Chinese sub surface in torpedo range of a US Navy CBG in 2007??

For passive sonar, you just generate noise in peace time so you don't give your acoustic signature away. Duh.

All military gear has features to distort their acoustic or radio signature in peacetime as to make detection difficult during outbreak of hostilities..this is not rocket science but common sense..but off-course an Indian mind is epic logic fail when ever they see a China bashing article, they cannot stop jumping with excitement like a 2 year old reacts to candy bar. China bashing in anglo-saxon media even if devoid of any logic or scientefic standing is the best mental masturbation feast for Indians.

Your type 095 isnt operational yet and you already know it can generate nearly "endless " of electric power? OK I rest my case. By the way "endless" electric power dont world class subs make. As Yoda used to say.

Any nuclear submarine generates "endless" power.

Your type 095 isnt operational yet and you already know it can generate nearly "endless " of electric power? OK I rest my case.

It will become operational by 2012.

BTW, US is nearly working their a$$ off in order to get the uber power electric generator for their future warships like the Gerald Ford class and the Zumwalt class.

Meanwhile, China also acquires the similar technology, but with a much more affordable price. That's why US hates China gut.

Our genius leading scientist just got a first class award few days ago for successfully developed this new technology. :smokin:

Any nuclear submarine generates "endless" power.

But not for the endless electric power.

For example, the Gerald Ford class will use the EMALS to replace the operational steam catapults, but they are also going to replace the A4W nuclear reactor.

Because the A4W nuclear reactor doesn't generate enough electric power that can satisfy the demand of the EMALS.

Back
Top Bottom