What's new

China refuses to restore the original route of Sino-Pak corridor

thing ischinese priorities are clear they are in pakistan tomake profit but pakistani elite and establishment are trying to play there old game weather chinese will agree to pakistani plan is highli unlikly but lets see

anyway its good for indian interests

ANP has been re activated by our good eastern 'friends'?

that still did not answer my question -- looting of the Trucks and a jail attack are two different things -
security threats are their but that as such you are exaggerating, as if Lahore is the most peaceful city in the country
It means the lack of security appratus,will pr capability. Lahore has been struct by attacks, if there is a fire in one's neighborhood, it will bring some burnt, but compare the frequency of attacks in Lahore to the rest of the country and you'll see it for yourself.

It means the lack of security appratus,will pr capability. Lahore has been struct by attacks, if there is a fire in one's neighborhood, it will bring some burnt, but compare the frequency of attacks in Lahore to the rest of the country and you'll see it for yourself.

Firstly, you had the audacity to put a wrong title to this thread and confuse people and later you bring warped pretexts to justify exclusion of Chilas-Besham N35 route . It will go through KP any way whether its N35 or N15 (kaghan-chils) valley) . ANP is playing politics on the say of its masters. While PML-N kept the people in dark for past 20 years , (kept developing motorway at a snails pace through their province for the obvious reason). I say both these scum groups should be booted out. BTW N-35 is a much more developed road and this corridor is all about alternate routes sooner or later you will have to get them done, you will have to fix the security .If the corridor chokes at one point because of the massive floods in Punjab or some security reason in Baluchistan do you really think Chinese goods will take the country road??

:pop: Unless Marshal Law imposed....PMLN will remain on the thrown at least 2023....deal with it:wave:
Bcz, Naturally everything goes throw Heart anyway...

2ndly don't see Lahore in isolation....it will be the hub once transit trade between India-Pakistan-Afghanistan in full operation.

I guess they are going to take the pindi-bhattian exit to Faisalabad instead of going through Lahore. Heart-bypass??
Lahore is definitely a hub it will rise with our without this corridor, a sincere advice would be not to have great expectations with your neighbors east/west on some future trade route.

Pak-China-Economic-Corridor.jpg

I have another perspective on that. This route is fairly close to our border with India and if this plan is followed, China would be at risk of disturbance every time our borders go hot. That means China would have to make sure our borders stay calm with India and that indirectly mean an increased burden on China for the stability of Pakistan.

I do not support this plan for many reasons but my reasons are more development oriented than security oriented. If you live outside Lahore, you are still living in Pakistan and that means you have equal right to development, prosperity and growth. I am Punjabi from Sialkot and I hate Lahore for it being a blood sucking leach for rest of the country. I visit my city and that is freaking village like, still living in 80 and if I visit Lahore, I find I am in a different country. PMLN have destroyed entire provide so they could build their own Model Town and "Takhat". F***ing Traitors!

I am Punjabi from Sialkot and I hate Lahore for it being a blood sucking leach for rest of the country. I visit my city and that is freaking village like, still living in 80 and if I visit Lahore, I find I am in a different country. PMLN have destroyed entire provide so they could build their own Model Town and "Takhat". F***ing Traitors!

Your bad mouthing tells me you may be IK in disguise??? Where did you get this map from? The IK's followers web dsigners? This isn't the real map. Its the propaganda map. Wait....does this map show Pashtunistan? THEN it must be real as IK was for it!!!

The trade route doesn't go through Lahore, nor was there a plan for it. Get the facts before you post stupid crap please.

6854.jpg

Expected route

The only map that's real is the one on top. This trade route has NO business going through Lahore. Lahore will connect to it through the Motor Way. But the Route like in the top pictures, goes from far away from Lahore. I know this by sitting in the US.
Why do you people do so much propaganda and make your country look bad? Even the Chinese had to come out and put stop to your nasty politics. I've never seen a nation that wants to destroy their own country. A country where political opponents are so third class mentality wise that they put their country behind and care more for their political agenda,
will never grow.
Grow up and have some mercy on your propaganda, its going to give you bad reputation and if the project stops because of these negative politics, many millions won't get a better lifestyle.

thing ischinese priorities are clear they are in pakistan tomake profit but pakistani elite and establishment are trying to play there old game weather chinese will agree to pakistani plan is highli unlikly but lets see

There is no game here. Unfortunately, if you know Pakistanis and their politics, if they are not in power or their guy isn't in power, they don't want their country to improve and progress. There is no change in route. There have always been ONE route that the Chinese wanted. The route can't be changed as the real map, idea and funding came from China.
Here, you'll see IK's followers lying to their teeth like their leader does. Very sad indeed. A nation that puts its country low on the list and their political interest so high that it damages their country, can never be successful. Very shameful propaganda and politics indeed!!

Secondly, If you had read translation of the thread, it says Chinese are concerned about security. That means they were concerned about security in previous routes which was planned through KPK and Balochistan, which for obvious reasons is not safe according to Chinese, But that route was safe according to Pakistani people, who clearly don't want their assets nearer to their eastern border because of their so called "India's threat perception". They for some reason think that India would just one day bomb this corridor in case of war, which is clearly visible in posts from Pakistani members, but instead replying to them with reason, you choose a to spread your knowledge to a new-comer according to my post numbers. It's called ragging :D only if i was a new-comer.

It's amusing how the worrying of a few members translates to the entire Pakistani people worried about India attacking the corridor. If you had the sense to read this thread, you'd understand that most seem to be worried that the under-developed parts of Pakistan which need revitalization are being ignored.
But :blah: :blah: :blah: is what you suicide alts do the best.\
What's even funnier is that your comments seem to be laced with whining that a TT had the sense to respond to you. What? Can't take a well-reasoned response?

Your bad mouthing tells me you may be IK in disguise??? Where did you get this map from? The IK's followers web dsigners? This isn't the real map. Its the propaganda map. Wait....does this map show Pashtunistan? THEN it must be real as IK was for it!!!

The trade route doesn't go through Lahore, nor was there a plan for it. Get the facts before you post stupid crap please.

The only map that's real is the one on top. This trade route has NO business going through Lahore. Lahore will connect to it through the Motor Way. But the Route like in the top pictures, goes from far away from Lahore. I know this by sitting in the US.
Why do you people do so much propaganda and make your country look bad? Even the Chinese had to come out and put stop to your nasty politics. I've never seen a nation that wants to destroy their own country. A country where political opponents are so third class mentality wise that they put their country behind and care more for their political agenda,
will never grow.
Grow up and have some mercy on your propaganda, its going to give you bad reputation and if the project stops because of these negative politics, many millions won't get a better lifestyle.

There is no game here. Unfortunately, if you know Pakistanis and their politics, if they are not in power or their guy isn't in power, they don't want their country to improve and progress. There is no change in route. There have always been ONE route that the Chinese wanted. The route can't be changed as the real map, idea and funding came from China.
Here, you'll see IK's followers lying to their teeth like their leader does. Very sad indeed. A nation that puts its country low on the list and their political interest so high that it damages their country, can never be successful. Very shameful propaganda and politics indeed!!
he he he lookslike i touched a raw nerve ....kahir dekhte hain bakrre ki amma kab tak khair manyegi :)

May be I'm missing something,but it looks like the route closer to the western border makes more sense, at least in the long run. This is a great opportunity for the country to develop newer cities and industrial regions. Cities like Lahore and Karachi will always be able to sustain their size and importance. China must have weighed the relative insecurity of the western route against the lower cost of building it. As far as I can see, this is a win-win. Not sure how it can be viewed differently. Can someone enlighten me?

The first route is the correct one. I was told in the planning commission (PC) that Chinese were/are not interested in the second route. However, in one of the meeting at PC, Shehbaz Sharif's son (whatever his name is) and another person (may be captain safdar) insisted on the Chinese delegation to include Lahore-Karachi motorway project in their plans.

So the Lahore-Karachi motorway project has nothing to do with the corridor as such but it is just another project PMLN is forcing the Chinese the undertake. Infact another of such project which PMLN has been adamant on including is the Gadani power project which again Chinese are not interested in. Both these projects do not fit Chinese plans. The consequence of this is that on the document i saw, most of the Pak-China Corridor projects were marked something like 'awaiting Chinese response.' It seems Chinese are not in a hurry unlike us.

Major implication of these additional unwanted projects (from Chinese perspective) has been Chinese asking for huge returns on energy projects. Govt has guranteed 27% dollar return on all energy projects. This is horrendous. On paper, most of the energy projects will be completed by 2022. And when this happens, profit repatriation alone will be something like 10 billion dollars. Just imagine what this means for our reserves/balance of payments.

So it is safe to assume that when Chinese source say that there are not interested in CHANGING the route and have agreed to one route and will stick to it, they are referring to the first one.

The media have created such confusion that for many people in public, the second option is the original one and it is PTI and IK who want to get that altered, there are some confusions and many more are being created by hater and supporters of both political parties. It is a shame that a project of such importance is being politicized.

Tu Summarize, it is the first route, as below that is the original one and it is this one that the Chinese have said they are not willing to change.
6854.jpg

Personally i think this is the best possible route, in fact, the only option that makes sense. Away from border, providing an alternate route across Pakistan and passing through under developed area with huge potential of growth.

So it is safe to assume that when Chinese source say that there are not interested in CHANGING the route and have agreed to one route and will stick to it, they are referring to the first one.

The media have created such confusion that for many people in public, the second option is the original one and it is PTI and IK who want to get that altered, there are some confusions and many more are being created by hater and supporters of both political parties. It is a shame that a project of such importance is being politicized.

Tu Summarize, it is the first route, as below that is the original one and it is this one that the Chinese have said they are not willing to change.
6854.jpg

Personally i think this is the best possible route, in fact, the only option that makes sense. Away from border, providing an alternate route across Pakistan and passing through under developed area with huge potential of growth.

Yup thats correct. Any other route has nothing to do with the corridor as far as Chinese are concerned.

6854.jpg

So Karachi-Lahore motorway is not part of corridor but separate project?

Frankly, Karachi Lahore motorway is a shitty project. Doesn't makes sense. They are making a motorway from Faisalabad to Multan, at best, we can make another one from Lahore to Multan for further south one road from Multan, Apart from this, a separate motorway across Pakistan from North to south and a bit further to west (center to the country may be) will be ideal, both strategically and also for regional development.This second one is supposed to be about the Pakistan China economic corridor

Yes. It has nothing to do with the corridor in reality. It is simply another project PMLN govt wants Chinese to approve under the umbrella of 'Pak-China Economic Corridor projects.'

Back
Top Bottom