What's new

China refuses to restore the original route of Sino-Pak corridor

pakistani political elite and beurocracy wanted the older route whioch passed thru islamabad to lahore to multan to karachi (where the benfits will come to eastern punjab and sindh onli which is a longer way )and from there taking a parellelto sea costal costal route all the way to gadawar while the new route is passing thru western punjab into KPK to baluchistan (which are least devloped but shorter way )
Naah, i guess you've got it the other way around.
The older one was through KPK, the new one is through Lahore.

isn't that right?:what:

Chinese says their is only one route they agree with GOP and GOP stating it with Eastern route.....unless GOP lying with Chinese as well:hitwall:

And my question is still the same which route Chinese want?????? F**k the GoP, tell me what Chinese want.......

Eastern or the other one.

And my question is still the same which route Chinese want?????? F**k the GoP, tell me what Chinese want.......

Eastern or the other one.
well myassesment says chinesewant the western route as its shorter andhas lesser population concentration so its easy to build and there will be lesser people torehabilitate and lesser hasseles

China's proposed route is a shorter one and will benefit two economically deprived provinces. It makes more sense for China too to invest in the proposed route.

Pakistan's proposed route that goes through Lahore does not even little sense from China's point of view. Why should a trade route go inland to Lahore and then go back to north west? This might make sense as two brothers ruling this unfortunate country come from Lahore but makes ZERO economic sense.

By the way, it is not Nawaz Sharif 'vision'. Its China's need to take its economic prosperity to its farthest provinces which are still quite backward & which border Pakistan north east.

Also to add to Nawaz Sharif 'vision'. Nation never prosper on construction projects. Some mafias and politically connected families do. Nation prosper when investment is made in education, health, security and good governance.

This is the most suitable one:
6854.jpg

Dont know if they still call this the original one or is it something that have been dumped in favor of blessing Lahore, AGAIN!!

The second and frankly, quite stupid looking route is this:
Pak-China-Economic-Corridor.jpg

The first route is the correct one. I was told in the planning commission (PC) that Chinese were/are not interested in the second route. However, in one of the meeting at PC, Shehbaz Sharif's son (whatever his name is) and another person (may be captain safdar) insisted on the Chinese delegation to include Lahore-Karachi motorway project in their plans.

So the Lahore-Karachi motorway project has nothing to do with the corridor as such but it is just another project PMLN is forcing the Chinese the undertake. Infact another of such project which PMLN has been adamant on including is the Gadani power project which again Chinese are not interested in. Both these projects do not fit Chinese plans. The consequence of this is that on the document i saw, most of the Pak-China Corridor projects were marked something like 'awaiting Chinese response.' It seems Chinese are not in a hurry unlike us.

Major implication of these additional unwanted projects (from Chinese perspective) has been Chinese asking for huge returns on energy projects. Govt has guranteed 27% dollar return on all energy projects. This is horrendous. On paper, most of the energy projects will be completed by 2022. And when this happens, profit repatriation alone will be something like 10 billion dollars. Just imagine what this means for our reserves/balance of payments.

well myassesment says chinesewant the western route as its shorter andhas lesser population concentration so its easy to build and there will be lesser people torehabilitate and lesser hasseles
Dude, General assessment does not work in Pakistan. Anyways the route through KPK aka Western route has it's own complications, It goes through some terribly affected areas. So according to a wise businessman, which most certainly Chinese are, they will go for security rather than shorter route.

Naah, i guess you've got it the other way around.
The older one was through KPK, the new one is through Lahore.

isn't that right?:what:
no chinese proposed this route

393BD853-E7F1-4181-AB3E-90D2C45DEF2E_w640_s_cx0_cy38_cw100.png

what pakistani political elite wanted

Pak-China-Economic-Corridor.jpg

the new proposed route

6854.jpg

Dude, General assessment does not work in Pakistan. Anyways the route through KPK aka Western route has it's own complications, It goes through some terribly affected areas. So according to a wise businessman, which most certainly Chinese are, they will go for security rather than shorter route.
well employment and devlopment heals all troubels bro

I do, I do.
This is what i was wondering. How come Pakistani agreed to that? Have they yet?
they dont have a choice as as of today pashtuns and balochies trust chinese more than they trust punjabies and sindhies and even afghansitan is OK with it as they have tillyet not acsepted the durand line and thats the main reason even Taliban and other afghani militia is backing the orignal chinese route

393BD853-E7F1-4181-AB3E-90D2C45DEF2E_w640_s_cx0_cy38_cw100.png

but the problem is in the orignal chinese route all the develpoment and employemnt will go to GB,KPK FATA & Balochistan and in time will make punjab and sindh non important for chinese

Security, Security and Security. NATO trucks were regularly blown away in FATA and KPK area. Chinese have highlighted the same i.e. Security.
remind me how many Trucks have been looted since 2012, and compare the figure with post 2007.....:coffee:

remind me how many Trucks have been looted since 2012, and compare the figure with post 2007.....:coffee:
Operation going on in Khyber agency and FATA have been instrumental in curbing the TTP reach it wasn't long enough when TTP manhandled the Dera Jail to get notorious Adnan Rasheed free.

Back
Top Bottom