What's new

China rapidly narrows technology gap with S. Korea

So overall Korean technology is still ahead than that of China?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Can China produce the forklift with the same quality? or more efficient and more accurate?

I'm not an expert on forklift. But a comparison on excavators performance looks to be very insightful. According to an excavator test made by CLSA (an equity broker) in 2013, the diggers made by SANY is better than its Japanese peers (Komatsu Hitachi, Kobelco) and Korean peers (Doosan). A short quote from the test:

“two weeks of gruelling tests of their productivity, durability and fuel efficiency. They all came out well, but most striking was the performance of Sany’s machines. Though not quite as good as the best, made by Caterpillar, they outperformed their Japanese and Korean rivals. CLSA concluded that technology gaps between the best Chinese firms and their foreign rivals are now “almost non-existent”.

Digging for victory

If the market demand is very low, can I say that Korean maker is not interested to spend money for the development of that kind of product - rather than incapability?

Maybe Doosan is not interested with "attention catching" demonstrator anymore as they already have brand image and reputation.

Look at the list of world largest forklift makers. China's Anhui Forklift and Hangcha (杭叉) are global No. 8 and 9 respectively; while Doosan and Hyundai are No. 12 and 13 respectively. Can I follow your logic that the Chinese ones don't want to do "attention catching" demonstrator as they already have brand image and reputation in the forklift market?

222222.jpg

I'm not an expert on forklift. But a comparison on excavators performance looks to be very insightful. According to an excavator test made by CLSA (an equity broker) in 2013, the diggers made by SANY is better than its Japanese peers (Komatsu Hitachi, Kobelco) and Korean peers (Doosan). A short quote from the test:

“two weeks of gruelling tests of their productivity, durability and fuel efficiency. They all came out well, but most striking was the performance of Sany’s machines. Though not quite as good as the best, made by Caterpillar, they outperformed their Japanese and Korean rivals. CLSA concluded that technology gaps between the best Chinese firms and their foreign rivals are now “almost non-existent”.

Digging for victory

OK. Thanks for the more sound argument.

This digger should be a decent argumentation to show that China may have reached world class level, instead of those giant cranes/excavator etc.

Hopefully the performance can be shown by other products such as forklift, or other construction machinery.

Look at the list of world largest forklift makers. China's Anhui Forklift and Hangcha (杭叉) are global No. 8 and 9 respectively; while Doosan and Hyundai are No. 12 and 13 respectively. Can I follow your logic that the Chinese ones don't want to do "attention catching" demonstrator as they already have brand image and reputation in the forklift market?

View attachment 285661

No you cant. Market share doesnt always reflect brand image.

TCL LCD market share has outpace Panasonic or Toshiba, but still if we talk brand image you know TCL is incomparable yet to Panasonic.

You can read again your article:

UNTIL now it has been widely assumed that construction equipment made by Chinese companies, and even equipment made in China by the leading foreign firms, was inferior in both quality and technology to gear produced in the foreign firms’ factories back home
http://www.economist.com/news/busin...tion-gear-are-now-world-class-digging-victory

It already speak that Chinese construction equipment maker brand image still weak.

LOL He still talk about the freaking FOLKLIFT. What a joke! LOL

And still nobody of you can show comparable advanced forklift from china that can match that one from Doosan.

No you cant. Market share doesnt always reflect brand image.

TCL LCD market share has outpace Panasonic or Toshiba, but still if we talk brand image you know TCL is incomparable yet to Panasonic.

your logic is very interesting. If the Chinese OEMs develop some demonstrator, you said it is purely for brand image, not a wise choice from economic perspective; if the Chinese OEMs don't develop demonstrators, and even if they already earned bigger market share than the Korean ones, you would challenge that market share doesn't matter, but only brand reputation matters.

On the other hand, if the Korean develop any demonstrators, you would say "wow, what a high-tech stuff! Amazing". And if the Korean don't develop the demonstrators, you would say "it doesn't matter, because they already have great brand reputation. They are concentrating on real sales results, i.e. market share. Wise choice"

Don't you think it is funny?

And still nobody of you can show comparable advanced forklift from china that can match that one from Doosan.

some one said, the smaller the machine, the better the technology. Fine. Enjoy some pictures of Hangcha Forklift

2222222.jpg

111111111.jpg

555555555.jpg

Also a picture of Hangcha's European Dealer Conference in Amsterdam.
56678.jpg

@antonius123

You have lost your argument
It is time to puta full stop to this thread !?!

images

Cheer leader move aside first please... :cheers:

your logic is very interesting. If the Chinese OEMs develop some demonstrator, you said it is purely for brand image, not a wise choice from economic perspective; if the Chinese OEMs don't develop demonstrators, and even if they already earned bigger market share than the Korean ones, you would challenge that market share doesn't matter, but only brand reputation matters.

On the other hand, if the Korean develop any demonstrators, you would say "wow, what a high-tech stuff! Amazing". And if the Korean don't develop the demonstrators, you would say "it doesn't matter, because they already have great brand reputation. They are concentrating on real sales results, i.e. market share. Wise choice"

Don't you think it is funny?

You dont get my point.

I never said brand image neither market share doesnt matter.

I said: market share doesnt always reflect brand image.

Your article clearly said that world still perceive Chinese Construction product is low quality. But as the matter of fact some of them already has market share larger than Doosan/ Hyundai etc.

I thought this was a China vs South Korea thread. Why are you suddenly bringing Germany, Japan, and Switzerland into this? Are you saying South Korea's industrial robots are all domestic? Prove it.

Because your logic says that China robotic industry is advanced, because China has more robot installation than Korea and Germany. So I debunk your logic by showing you the most advanced player (Germany) but has less installation than China.

Korea robot technology may not be comparable to Germany and Japan, but they are still ahead China.

Eventhough Hyundai is still behind Kuka/ABB/Fanuc, but Hyundai is ahead chinese most advanced robot maker (Siasun, etc).

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/23c53e30-e7e5-11e3-9af8-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3wf7KMyu9

South Korea can't even make a proper bulldozer.

I checked three of Hyundai's websites.

Hyundai Construction Equipment Americas, Inc.

Our Products | Hyundai Construction Equipment

Diggers and loaders by Hyundai Construction Equipment

I checked two of Doosan's websites.

Doosan Home: Doosan Infracore Construction Equipment

Products : Doosan Infracore Construction Equipment

I can't find any bulldozers. Am I not looking hard enough, or are there no South Korean bulldozers?

Here's the Chinese Shantui SD90 Bulldozer.
shantui-bulldozer.jpg
Shantui SD90 2.jpg

PDF members have voted that China is ahead of South Korea in technology

PDF members have heard arguments from both sides. They have voted. A majority says China is ahead of South Korea in technology. This is a settled issue.

34MsHDS.jpg

funny report.but china technology far more than s korea, even if china face the most serious technical blockade.
china in 1964 produce nuclear weapon,1970S, nuclear submarine and satellite ,1983,super computer.
laser,gene,superconductiong technology,precision manufacturing,space technology,china and s korea isnt a same level.
China is simply too much emphasis on military, ignored the civilian technology。
but since china integration into the world economy.the strong basic research make china can easily enter all manufacturing areas.

Back
Top Bottom