What's new

China rapidly narrows technology gap with S. Korea

So overall Korean technology is still ahead than that of China?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
In the Display Technology, in spite of fast narrowing gap LG and Samsung still release new breakthrough in order to widen the gap again.

In CES 2016 Show

Chinese companies' technological prowess has significantly progressed, but they still lag behind market-leading companies in terms of image resolution and display thickness," said an LG Electronics official while visiting the booths of its Chinese rivals.

Global TV market leaders Samsung and LG also unveiled their eye-catching TVs.

Samsung drew attention with its 170-inch quantum dot SUHD TV, the world's largest.
LG Electronics tried to differentiate itself by holding a special promotion event to show HDR videos in its booth.

China raises copycat concerns at CES

I'm going to post a massive display of next-gen technologies and industries that will allow Chinese civilization (over a billion people) to survive and flourish for the next century, even past the point of Peak Oil. I challenge South Korea to match it.

Trina Solar is the biggest solar panel maker in the world.

About Us | Trina Solar USA

To my knowledge, China is the only country in the world building a commercial-scale pebble-bed reactor. This is Gen IV reactor technology.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/business/energy-environment/25chinanuke.html

China is the world leader in high-speed rail. High-speed rail uses electricity.

IRuxxtp.gif

BYD became the world's largest electric vehicle (EV) maker at the end of 2015.

As 2015 Nears its End, BYD Becomes Biggest EV Maker Worldwide | BYD

5s3Ph3R.png

BYD K9 pure electric bus.

TW50DOG.jpg

GPh8ZiX.jpg

The BYD Lancaster is the largest battery-electric vehicle in the world. Tesla is screwed.

ZdVczuc.jpg

Qiantu K50 Event all-electric supercar. Tesla is screwed.

KO57IYH.jpg

eemOukB.jpg

DJI is the world's largest commercial drone maker. Drones use electricity.

DJI World's Biggest Commercial Drone Maker is Opening a Flagship Store - Fortune
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Ehang just unveiled a drone (Ehang 184) large enough to carry a person. This uses electricity.

170EtTw.jpg

Let's compare China's (1972) atomic clock with South Korea's (2008 with foreign help)

To compare the technology of two countries, we need to pick an identical technological measurement.

Here, I will select an atomic clock. An atomic clock is a high-technology measurement device.

In 1972, China built its first atomic clock at Shanghai Astronomical Observatory (SHAO).

Chinese Academy of Sciences Shanghai Branch

R6c1KQ0.jpg

----------

South Korea did not develop an atomic clock until 2008 with foreign help.

http://newlaunches.com/archives/kor...which_loses_one_second_every_300000_years.php

vSVOuYV.jpg

KRISS is an acronym for "Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science, Daejeon, Republic of Korea."

In conclusion, China is way ahead of South Korea in technology. South Korea caught up to China in atomic clocks only with foreign help after 36 years (e.g. 1972 to 2008).

Last edited:
Let's compare China's (1972) atomic clock with South Korea's (2008 with foreign help)

To compare the technology of two countries, we need to pick an identical technological measurement.

Here, I will pick an atomic clock. An atomic clock is a high-technology measurement device.

In 1972, China built its first atomic clock at Shanghai Astronomical Observatory (SHAO).

Chinese Academy of Sciences Shanghai Branch

R6c1KQ0.jpg

----------

South Korea did not develop an atomic clock until 2008 with foreign help.

http://newlaunches.com/archives/kor...which_loses_one_second_every_300000_years.php

vSVOuYV.jpg

KRISS is an acronym for "Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science, Daejeon, Republic of Korea."

In conclusion, China is way ahead of South Korea in technology. South Korea caught up to China in atomic clocks only with foreign help after 36 years (e.g. 1972 to 2008).

South Korea was not a colonial power like the US/UK/France but a vassal state just like thousand years ago, so they don't have any accumulation of the capital technology.

Japan was once a colonial power, but they got completely wasted by the US after the WWII, so they just became exactly like South Korea.

China is not a colonial power, but China is working hard under the supreme leadership of CPC.

Russia is the successor of the mighty USSR, so they got a lot of capital technologies inherited as the legacy.

China successfully flew its indigenous YF-73 cryogenic rocket engine in 1984.

Korea bought a cryogenic rocket engine from Russia in 2009.

In this post, I am comparing the first Chinese cryogenic rocket engine to the first "Korean" cryogenic rocket engine.

China was the fourth nation to build a cryogenic rocket engine (YF-73) in 1984.

RHqJyDT.jpg

hHc9CtU.jpg

Reference (slides 11 and 30): CRYOGENIC ROCKET ENGINE
----------

Will ROK Overfly Japan?

"The launch of South Korea’s “indigenous” space launch vehicle (KSLV-1) has once again been postponed,
Of course, South Korea is partnering with Russia to build the rocket (Russia is building the cryogenic liquid propellant first stage...."

rxM3cWT.jpg

Do you see the pattern here?

South Korea needed foreign help to build an atomic clock in 2008.
South Korea needed Russian help to acquire its first cryogenic rocket engine in 2009.

South Korea is a mere licensee of other people's high-technology. It is silly to compare South Korea to China.

China is a real technology powerhouse. China flew its own YF-73 cryogenic rocket engine in 1984. That's 25 years (e.g. 1984 to 2009) before the first Korean-purchased Russian cryogenic rocket engine flew.

Do you want me to write another post? I can compare China's indigenous Beidou (GPS) satellite, which was launched in the year 2000 to Korea's non-existent GPS satellite.

I can write a different post about China's WS-20 high-bypass turbofan jet engine for military cargo aircraft or civilian transport plane. Korea doesn't build its own turbofan engines.

Last edited:
China successfully flew its indigenous YF-73 cryogenic rocket engine in 1984.

Korea bought a cryogenic rocket engine from Russia in 2009.

In this post, I am comparing the first Chinese cryogenic rocket engine to the first "Korean" cryogenic rocket engine.

China was the fourth nation to build a cryogenic rocket engine (YF-73) in 1984.

RHqJyDT.jpg

hHc9CtU.jpg

Reference (slides 11 and 30): CRYOGENIC ROCKET ENGINE
----------

Will ROK Overfly Japan?

"The launch of South Korea’s “indigenous” space launch vehicle (KSLV-1) has once again been postponed,
Of course, South Korea is partnering with Russia to build the rocket (Russia is building the cryogenic liquid propellant first stage...."

rxM3cWT.jpg

Do you see the pattern here?

South Korea needed foreign help to build an atomic clock in 2008.
South Korea needed Russian help to acquire its first cryogenic rocket engine in 2009.

South Korea is a mere licensee of other people's high-technology. It is silly to compare South Korea to China.

China is a real technology powerhouse. China flew its own YF-73 cryogenic rocket engine in 1984. That's 25 years (e.g. 1984 to 2009) before the first Korean-purchased cryogenic rocket engine flew.

I don't want to be anti-Korea, but it seems that the OP wanna pick up a fight between China and South Korea.

I don't want to be anti-Korea, but it seems that the OP wanna pick up a fight between China and South Korea.

Not really.

It is only your own perception. In fact some chinese members here view this thread / title / topic as challenge to them. Maybe thats how you got that perception.

China's Beidou 2/Compass GPS satellite has an accuracy of 0.1m

China builds its own civilian (and military) GPS system. South Korea possesses no such technology.

According to Popular Science, China's Beidou 2/Compass GPS satellite has a military accuracy of 10cm (or 0.1m or 4 inches).

10cm = 0.1m
10cm = 4 inches

CHINA SHOWCASES PLANS TO BECOME THE LEADING SPACE POWER | Popular Science

UCniLSM.jpg

----------

The prestigious science journal Nature had published a technical explanation of China's Beidou 2/Compass GPS satellite accuracy of 10cm. It's an extremely long article. I'm posting only a fraction of the article length.

Click on the link to Nature to read the full technical article on Beidou 2/Compass GPS.

Precise orbit determination of BeiDou constellation based on BETS and MGEX network | Nature

OWZZSRt.jpg

China builds its own turbofan engines. South Korea has never built an indigenous turbofan engine.

High-bypass turbofan engines are fuel efficient and used in commercial or transport airplanes. Between 2013-2016, China will start production of four new high-bypass turbofan engines. The Chinese WS-20 needs to be added to the chart.

Aviation Week & Space Technology | May-06-13-13 | Express 3 | Zinio Digital Magazines

3HupTOq.jpg

OyEpu8e.jpg

----------

South Korea has never designed and built an indigenous turbofan engine. South Korea does not have the material science to build the nickel-superalloy single-crystal engine blades.

In contrast, China has its own DD3 and DD6 nickel-based single-crystal superalloys.

South Korea does not have its own turbofan engine technology. South Korea has to import American technology. Samsung assembles the American GE F404 engine kits under license for the T-50 trainer aircraft.

"The T-50 is equipped with a GE F404 engine with Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) built under license by Samsung Techwin.[16] Under the terms of the T-50/F404-102 co-production agreement, GE provides engine kits directly to Samsung Techwin who produces designated parts as well as performing final engine assembly and testing.[17]"

Next post: Do you want me to compare China's supercomputer (based on indigenous ShenWei SW1600 CPUs) to South Korea's non-existent supercomputer?

Last edited:
antonius and co., please stop embarrassing yourselves, pdf's verdict is clear based on the poll.

LOLs. The truth must be based on PDF poll? If that is the case it will have different truth in another forum where chinese members are minority.

Joke of the day :lol:

Last edited:
China built its indigenous "China Star" 300km/hr high-speed train. South Korea imported from France.

China developed its own "China Star" high-speed train that traveled at 300km/hr (see citation from year 2004 below).

South Korea never developed its own high-speed train technology. The South Koreans imported French high-speed trains.

GpYAhmr.jpg

----------

China to build high speed railways next year

aYhrLIR.jpg

LOLs. The truth must be based on PDF poll? If that is the case it will have different truth in another forum where chinese members are minority.

Joke of the day :lol:

Oh the joke is on yourself cheerleader
It was you who initiated the poll on this forum and now the conclusion of your creation is running out of you initial expectation

Back
Top Bottom