What's new

China rapidly narrows technology gap with S. Korea

So overall Korean technology is still ahead than that of China?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
OK, give me evidence why China is more technologically advanced than Korea in the field of:

1. PC
7. Automobile
12. Solar Panels
15. Home Appliance

Please dont use "market share", sales quantity, sort of as the parameter technology. Quality, performance, technology barriers overcome, patents portfolio should be more proper parameter to measure the technology level.

You don't make the rules here. I'm going with market share if I want.

Lenovo traces its tech lineage back to the IBM PC, which came out in 1981. IBM practically pioneered the PC industry.
IBM Personal Computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lenovo is also a major manufacturer of workstations and servers, which shows proficiency in a broad range of high-end products.

South Korea is essentially a non-player in the PC industry. Are you honestly going to claim tech superiority when nobody wants your products in the first place?
Gartner Says Worldwide PC Shipments Declined 8.3 Percent in Fourth Quarter of 2015
YLRwO6u.jpg

Does South Korea make workstations? It's a simple yes or no question.
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/workstations/
TXjGxSF.jpg

7. Automobile

Because I firmly believe most people would choose a Volvo over a Hyundai.

12. Solar Panels

Market share.
• Revenue of major solar companies 2014 | Statistic

Next we need to look at efficiency yields.

Suntech announced 20.82% efficiency yield (monocrystalline silicon) in July 2015.
Suntech ramps up solar cell efficiency again
Suntech Solar Cell Efficiency Climbs To a New High -- WUXI, China, July 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

Trina Solar announced 21.25% efficiency yield (multi-crystalline silicon) in November 2015.
About Us | Trina Solar USA

Trina Solar announced 22.13% efficiency yield (mono-crystalline silicon) in December 2015.
Trina Solar Announces New Efficiency Record of 22.13% for Mono-crystalline Silicon Solar Cell - Yahoo Finance

SolarCity (USA) made an announcement in October 2015:

This year, three companies, including the Chinese giant Trina Solar, announced records in efficiency, all in the high teens. SunPower panels, which have achieved efficiencies of more than 21 percent, have generally been considered the most efficient, but SolarCity’s new modules will exceed that level, Mr. Rive said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/b.../solarcity-to-make-high-efficiency-panel.html

Where is South Korea in this solar race?

15. Home Appliance

Market share.
• Home appliance manufacturers sales worldwide 2013 | Statistic

Moreover, Haier just got a technology upgrade with the purchase of GE's appliance business.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/16/business/dealbook/haier-ge-appliances.html

------------------------------

I'm adding #18 to my list of amazing Chinese industries. You need to keep up.

1. PCs (Lenovo)
2. Servers
3. Supercomputers
4. Machine Tools
5. Real Estate and Infrastructure Construction
6. Heavy Construction and Mining Equipment (XCMG, Zoomlion, and Sany)
7. Automobiles (Volvo)
8. High-Speed Rail
9. Commercial Aviation
10. Electric Vehicles (BYD)
11. Telecommunications Equipment (Huawei)
12. Solar Panels (Trina Solar)
13. Wind Turbines (Goldwind)
14. Nuclear Reactors
15. Home Appliances (Haier and Midea)
16. DNA Sequencing (BGI and Complete Genomics)
17. Commercial Drones (DJI)
18. Hydropower (Sinohydro)

Last edited:
Martian. Obviously you dont have clue about technology mastery.

If you say whole OLED technology is owned by UDC, then why Samsung and LG was disputing over the OLED patents?
LG and Samsung agree to settle OLED and LCD patent disputes with words, not lawyers | The Verge
Samsung Sues LG Over OLED Patents | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

:laugh: You may be referring to patent right for technology related to OLED.

Many of us may be layman in term of these technology but this is what we or rather I read. So in this respect Martian is more credulous.

History of OLED

OLED diode technology was invented by researchers at the Eastmen Kodak company in 1987. Chemists, Ching W Tang and Steven Van Slyke were the principle inventors. In June of 2001, Van Slyke and Tang received an Industrial Innovation Award from the American Chemical Society for their work with organic light emitting diodes.
Kodak has released several of the earliest OLED equipped products including the first digital camera with an 2.2" OLED display with 512 x 218 pixels, the 2003 EasyShare LS633. Kodak has since licensed their OLED technology to many companies, and they are still researching OLED light technology, display technology, and other projects.

In the early 2000s, researchers at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory and the Department of Energy invented two technologies necessary to make flexible OLEDs: first, Flexible Glass an engineered substrate that provides a flexible surface, and second, a Barix thin film coating that protects a flexible display from harmful air and moisture.

While the technology of the state-of-the-art TV today is based more on 10K Video Technology available today, why are you just focusing on just the OLED TV screen?

It is not uncommon for many to inquired from the retail salesmen at these stores, is this TV a 4K technology?

Now we probably progress to 10K or maybe 11K later on.

As for the screen color, gamut, etc. many of us use our good old trusty method. Seeing is believing.

That is probably why I just acquired another Chinese Mobile Phone, a Huawei for Xmas. I assured you that in assessment, I was looking at all the different brands esp. Samsung.

You don't make the rules here. I'm going with market share if I want.

Lenovo traces its tech lineage back to the IBM PC, which came out in 1981. IBM practically pioneered the PC industry.
IBM Personal Computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lenovo is also a major manufacturer of workstations and servers, which shows proficiency in a broad range of high-end products.

South Korea is essentially a non-player in the PC industry. Are you honestly going to claim tech superiority when nobody wants your products in the first place?
Gartner Says Worldwide PC Shipments Declined 8.3 Percent in Fourth Quarter of 2015
YLRwO6u.jpg

Because I firmly believe most people would choose a Volvo over a Hyundai.

Market share.
• Revenue of major solar companies 2014 | Statistic

Next we need to look at efficiency yields.

Suntech announced 20.82% efficiency yield (monocrystalline silicon) in July 2015.
Suntech ramps up solar cell efficiency again
Suntech Solar Cell Efficiency Climbs To a New High -- WUXI, China, July 9, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

Trina Solar announced 21.25% efficiency yield (multi-crystalline silicon) in November 2015.
About Us | Trina Solar USA

Trina Solar announced 22.13% efficiency yield (mono-crystalline silicon) in December 2015.
Trina Solar Announces New Efficiency Record of 22.13% for Mono-crystalline Silicon Solar Cell - Yahoo Finance

SolarCity (USA) made an announcement in October 2015:

This year, three companies, including the Chinese giant Trina Solar, announced records in efficiency, all in the high teens. SunPower panels, which have achieved efficiencies of more than 21 percent, have generally been considered the most efficient, but SolarCity’s new modules will exceed that level, Mr. Rive said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/03/b.../solarcity-to-make-high-efficiency-panel.html

Where is South Korea in this solar race?

Market share.
• Home appliance manufacturers sales worldwide 2013 | Statistic

Moreover, Haier just got a technology upgrade with the purchase of GE's appliance business.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/16/business/dealbook/haier-ge-appliances.html

I'm adding #18 to my list of amazing Chinese industries. You need to keep up.

1. PCs (Lenovo)
2. Servers
3. Supercomputers
4. Machine Tools
5. Real Estate and Infrastructure Construction
6. Heavy Construction and Mining Equipment (XCMG, Zoomlion, and Sany)
7. Automobiles (Volvo)
8. High-Speed Rail
9. Commercial Aviation
10. Electric Vehicles (BYD)
11. Telecommunications Equipment (Huawei)
12. Solar Panels (Trina Solar)
13. Wind Turbines (Goldwind)
14. Nuclear Reactors
15. Home Appliances (Haier and Midea)
16. DNA Sequencing (BGI and Complete Genomics)
17. Commercial Drones (DJI)
18. Hydropower (Sinohydro)

LOL. Nobody forbid you to speak - intelligence or garbage.

Since you use "market share" and "brand image" as the indicator of "technology mastery" then your argument become invalid.

Sorry, technology parameter is: number of patents, breakthrough overcoming technological barriers, quality, performance.

It confirm that most of you are weak in logical thinking.

Does South Korea make workstations? It's a simple yes or no question.
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/workstations/
TXjGxSF.jpg

PC is not high tech stuff anymore. Many country can build PC, even many people can assembly PC. Not many country interested in PC business anymore because it already become commodity. Workstation doesnt necessarly mean more advanced than notebook.

:laugh: You may be referring to patent right for technology related to OLED.

Many of us may be layman in term of these technology but this is what we or rather I read. So in this respect Martian is more credulous.

History of OLED

OLED diode technology was invented by researchers at the Eastmen Kodak company in 1987. Chemists, Ching W Tang and Steven Van Slyke were the principle inventors. In June of 2001, Van Slyke and Tang received an Industrial Innovation Award from the American Chemical Society for their work with organic light emitting diodes.
Kodak has released several of the earliest OLED equipped products including the first digital camera with an 2.2" OLED display with 512 x 218 pixels, the 2003 EasyShare LS633. Kodak has since licensed their OLED technology to many companies, and they are still researching OLED light technology, display technology, and other projects.

In the early 2000s, researchers at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory and the Department of Energy invented two technologies necessary to make flexible OLEDs: first, Flexible Glass an engineered substrate that provides a flexible surface, and second, a Barix thin film coating that protects a flexible display from harmful air and moisture.

While the technology of the state-of-the-art TV today is based more on 10K Video Technology available today, why are you just focusing on just the OLED TV screen?

It is not uncommon for many to inquired from the retail salesmen at these stores, is this TV a 4K technology?

Now we probably progress to 10K or maybe 11K later on.

As for the screen color, gamut, etc. many of us use our good old trusty method. Seeing is believing.

That is probably why I just acquired another Chinese Mobile Phone, a Huawei for Xmas. I assured you that in assessment, I was looking at all the different brands esp. Samsung.

So you mean since OLED diode invented by chinese man working in Kodak, hence China must have mastered and excel in OLED panel technology manufacturing? :laugh:

Why dont you brag chinese rocket technology is above USA because rocket is invented by chinese? :lol:
Can i say that Germany is more advanced than USA in rocket technology? because modern rocket is invented by german not USA :laugh:

Seing is believing by bunch of experts is credible. but seing is believing by you alone maybe subjective.

Since you use "market share" and "brand image" as the indicator of "technology mastery" then your argument become invalid.

Sorry, technology parameter is: number of patents, breakthrough overcoming technological barriers, quality, performance.

PC is not high tech stuff anymore. Many country can build PC, even many people can assembly PC. Not many country interested in PC business anymore because it already become commodity. Workstation doesnt necessarly mean more advanced than notebook.

So you mean since OLED diode invented by chinese man working in Kodak, hence China must have mastered and excel in OLED panel technology manufacturing? :laugh:

Why dont you brag chinese rocket technology is above USA because rocket is invented by chinese? :lol:
Can i say that Germany is more advanced than USA in rocket technology? because modern rocket is invented by german not USA :laugh:

Seing is believing by bunch of experts is credible. but seing is believing by you alone maybe subjective.

:coffee: First of all, I could see that you are getting very emotional and getting quite personal with your very post.

Martian in his post merely pointed out that "Samsung, LG, etc are all licensing OLED technology from America's Universal Display Company" and in my post I also stated that the OLED technology is invented by Americans including one of Chinese ethnicity and you immediately jumped the wagon and turn racist in your comment. But those are facts and you can't deny it or can you?

In other words what Martian says about the technology being employed by South Korea is being licensed by a US Company is quite credulous since the Americans did indeed discovered the technology. That is why I says the patents by LG may be just related to the technologies and not OLED itself.

If that is not logical then I need to understand how logic work for you.

And other observation, you just love to put words into other people's mouth.
Example: "So you mean since OLED diode invented by chinese man working in Kodak, hence China must have mastered and excel in OLED panel technology manufacturing?" Did I says any of this apart from the 10K Video Technology by BOE over the 4K by South Korea?

That is also why I says Martian argument is credulous.

Did I ever brag about Chinese Rocket Technology which is clearly way ahead of every other nations in ASIA today?

Since we are just confining to South Korea and China in this discussion why not stick to the topic.

R&D in the commercial and private enterprise is all dictated by the company profitability. Hence without a substantial volume of business or orders, market share and profitability, it is almost impossible for these companies sustain or maintain this department in order for them to invest in new products.

:-) If the business is down e.g. Sony. you may have some of the most brilliant engineers but they may soon leave you to join their counterpart elsewhere maybe in a factory or business owned by Chinese.

It would be long before many may be receiving a VSS or MSS in an unprofitable. So those patents you registered in the past will become the intangible assets and for sales.

:yahoo: So what is strong about your logic which to me is equally flawed.

LOL. The guy is a pretty stupid. He doesn't know what he's talking about. OLED. Let me educate him about it. LOL

As I have said before, OLED is an American company invention. The first adoption is actually Sony back in 2013. LG and Samsung thought that was the "future of flat panel" so both jump immediately into OLED. What they didn't realize is that it is extremely costly to make and there is a high chance of defect. So Samsung jumped off the wagon, halt their OLED production, and jumped on the Quantum Dot Display wagon which was promoted by Chinese TV heavyweight Hisense and TCL. Quantum Dot Display got similar to OLED picture quality yet half the price of OLED. It makes perfect sense for display companies to choose Quantum Dot as the future mainstream display platform. However, LG already invested heavily into OLED. They lost money, desperate to find new partners to team up to promote OLED. They sell OLED to Chinese suppliers Skyworth in the hope that more Chinese firm will join the OLED wagon and promoted OLED in the biggest market in the world. Though, Hisense and TCL have little interest in joining; instead rather promoted the Quantum Dot Display which Samsung and LG jumped on the wagon now. LOL

So in the end, we will see who will win the Display of the future. OLED vs Quantum Dot.

LOL. The guy is a pretty stupid. He doesn't know what he's talking about. OLED. Let me educate him about it. LOL

As I have said before, OLED is an American company invention. The first adoption is actually Sony back in 2013. LG and Samsung thought that was the "future of flat panel" so both jump immediately into OLED. What they didn't realize is that it is extremely costly to make and there is a high chance of defect. So Samsung jumped off the wagon, halt their OLED production, and jumped on the Quantum Dot Display wagon which was promoted by Chinese TV heavyweight Hisense and TCL. Quantum Dot Display got similar to OLED picture quality yet half the price of OLED. It makes perfect sense for display companies to choose Quantum Dot as the future mainstream display platform. However, LG already invested heavily into OLED. They lost money, desperate to find new partners to team up to promote OLED. They sell OLED to Chinese suppliers Skyworth in the hope that more Chinese firm will join the OLED wagon and promoted OLED in the biggest market in the world. Though, Hisense and TCL have little interest in joining; instead rather promoted the Quantum Dot Display which Samsung and LG jumped on the wagon now. LOL

So in the end, we will see who will win the Display of the future. OLED vs Quantum Dot.

寸有所长,尺有所短,莫要太执拗。 In OLED, Korea is ahead in technology so far, I know the reason: China is still exporting the raw material of ESD chemical products, Korea control the relevant down-streaming products.

And this.....
@AndrewJin can you please verify this new if it's true.
Yes, in CRRC's railway lab.
001CIvd8zy6JgYLhthH25&690.jpg

The current highest operational speed on a operational railway of a operational train is from a 16-car CRH380AL on Shanghai-Beijing High-speed Rai, 486km/h. (Also the highest cruise speed at 380km/h)

16 cars CRH380AL, 1061 seats
7bd6dad9gw1exdh0unfiqj218g0xctrp.jpg
rdn_56909e058e241.jpg
20151001174932712.jpg

Last edited:
It is you who are humiliating your self.
Those TCL UHD 110 inch is old LCD technology, not the frontier OLED / QHD / ULED. Yes in old LCD technology China is already on par with Korea, but not with the new frontier OLED case, sorry. The era of LCD will pass soon.

Please answer my questions and dont run away and show garbage. I repeat again:

Why skyworth changhong konka buy chinese own LCD not Korean LCD? but this is not the same case with OLED where they have to buy from Korea?

By your logic => can I say:
China has aircraft, Korea has aircraft, then both are equal in technology?
China has air launch vehicle, Korea has air launch vehicle, then both are equal in air launch technology?

Source: China rapidly narrows technology gap with S. Korea | Page 17

Tik tok tik tok .. So many questions that you FAILED to answer. Means you are incompetent in logical thinking/game :laugh:

Another PROVE:
OK I understand your logic is below average. So I show you another BLATANT prove that doesnt require logical thinking that you cant discern:

LG can produce OLED 77 inch, the largest, While China cant !!

LG-77-inch-oled-4K.jpg

And .. how inch is the largest OLED panel that Chinese BOE or CSOT can make nowadays? Can China release 77 inch OLED already? :laugh:

So many evidence has been shown. What else still insufficient? except your logic :laugh:

LG is On Fire: Expanding Its Line of 4K TVs in All Directions -

In the meantime BOE is still strugling with low OLED yield :laugh:
BOE struggles with low OLED yields, aims to start making flexible OLEDs by 2017 | OLED-Info

LOL dude, you are embarrassing yourself with each post by failing to prove how Korean OLED is superior to Chinese OLED.

You've now ADMITTED that China is on par with LCD technology which is the technology that's commercially used. China is also on par with Korea on Quantum Dot.

You still can't PROVE how Korean OLED is superior technology where I've shown China has LCD, OLED and Quantum Dot technology. You said China is behind Korea in display technology and you can't even prove any of your laughable assertions. Now you're here bragging about Korea having largest OLED TV to prove they have better quality where in a previous post you said having the largest doesn't prove quality :lol:

You don't know what you're even saying. You've lost the argument in utterly humiliating fashion and now trying to divert attention. You are not fooling anyone.

TCL Unveils China's First Quantum Dot TV With ShineOn's Unique Backlight Solution at CES 2015

LCD TV Delivers OLED Color Quality at an Affordable Price

LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwired - Jan 8, 2015) - TCL, China's largest LCD TV maker and the world's third best-selling television brand, and ShineOn, a leading global LED lighting and backlight solution provider showcased China's first-ever quantum dot TV -- the TCL 55" 4K Ultra HD Quantum Dot TV featuring ShineOn's unique backlight solution, during CES 2015, January 6-9, in Las Vegas. TCL's 55" 4K UHD Quantum Dot TV was launched in the Chinese market in December to a great reception and will see further overseas market rollout in 2015.

A leading innovation in the industry, quantum dot technology offers improved picture quality at a fraction of the price of organic light-emitting diodes (OLED). TCL's awe-inspiring 55" 4K UHD Quantum Dot TV delivers 110% NTSC (or full-gamut color) with image performance superior to OLED.

"As China's first quantum dot TV, we are excited to lead the industry in technology and market adoption. Our new 55" Quantum Dot TV is proof of our commitment to innovation," said E. Hao, CEO of TCL Multimedia. "We value strategic partners like ShineOn, who can keep working with us on cutting edge technologies to lead the industry and serve global markets."

"We're honored to partner with TCL, the global TV leader, to reshape the LCD TV industry in color experience," said Frank Fan, President of ShineOn. "We share the vision with TCL that high color performance is essential to people's viewing experience, and Quantum Dot TV will upgrade the TV entertainment industry. ShineOn will continue to support the globally leading display customers, such as TCL, on this vision, with our unique, robust and easily adopted backlight technologies."

The TCL 55" 4K Ultra HD Quantum Dot TV is on display at the TCL booth #9829 at CES 2015 in Las Vegas.

--------------------------------------------

OLED won't take off as Quantum dot does the same thing as OLED at a fraction of the cost. OLED is not commercially viable and unless the cost comes down, no one will waste their resources on a technology that won't take off in the global market.

China and Korea are equal in commercially viable LCD and Quantum dot. LCD is proven that's it's accepted by the global market. Your assertion that Korea is so far ahead of China in display technology has proven as a complete and utter lie.

I'm still waiting for your proof of Korea being ahead of China in the other 13 industries. Only in memory chips will I say Korea is ahead of China. You will have to prove EVERY SINGLE other industry you stated and me and other members will verify your claims.

You've already lost the display technology battle.

寸有所长,尺有所短,莫要太执拗。 In OLED, Korea is ahead in technology so far, I know the reason: China is still exporting the raw material of ESD chemical products, Korea control the relevant down-streaming products.
OLED is an unproven business solution. Chinese firm will follow technology that will lead to mass adoption such as quantum dot. It has nothing to be with not being able to make OLED. Hisense and TCL are not invest into failed business solution such as OLED and not because they are not able to make them. This is the same case as Electric Car vs Hydrogen Car. The battle for future display is based on affordability while reaching picture perfection quality.

OLED is an unproven business solution. Chinese firm will follow technology that will lead to mass adoption such as quantum dot. It has nothing to be with not being able to make OLED. Hisense and TCL are not invest into failed business solution such as OLED and not because they are not able to make them. This is the same case as Electric Car vs Hydrogen Car. The battle for future display is based on affordability while reaching picture perfection quality.

Exactly. OLED is not in demand so companies are reluctant to produce a technology in mass that has an uncertain future. Technologies have to be commercially viable.

OLED isn't the bright future based on my observation and experience. Last month i was looking a Net TV and offered a Sony Ultra HD Net TV(LED) by a local store salesman. He told me not many people were buying OLED. I don't think prices are the contributing factor since Australians are well known for their extravagant habit when buying home gadgets. People's preference simply changed. Watching online movies on the ipad in bed give me more satisfaction than watching movies on OLED at family lounge. And these days how many Kids would still sit together with parents watching family movies instead of playing their iphones? Plus these days most people get and watch online free staffs, so why spend so much on OLED while not enjoying the quality?

No comments on the solar panel efficiency race that is increasing every few months? You're the one that asked for information on solar panels in your previous post. Why so silent all of a sudden?

Also I've yet to see YOU provide proof to back up any of the South Korean industries you listed.

I could also argue that there is nothing technologically unique about Samsung Galaxy smartphones. Xiaomi and Huawei high-end phones are very competitive with Samsung in terms of technology. But does Samsung offer workstations and servers like Lenovo does? How can you claim tech superiority when you don't even offer the product?

Also allow me to offer some of my thoughts on Hyundai cars because I know you'll eventually try to use the auto industry to disparage China. So I'll start talking about it before you do.

Hyundai has had some recent 'success' in the US for these reasons:

1. The US economy has not been doing well in recent years.
2. Hyundai offers affordable models like the Accent, Elantra, and Sonata at competitive prices.

And the most important reason of all...

3. Hyundai offers 'America's Best Warranty' at 10 years/100,000 miles.

Basically, people choose a new Hyundai over a used car. With a Hyundai, people get a cheap car and a warranty that covers the entire life of the car. No other automaker offers a warranty like this. I'm sure if Toyota offered the Corolla with 10-yr/100k mile warranty, people would flock to it too. But they don't have to because the Toyota Corolla is already one of the best selling cars in the world.

But has it ever occurred to anyone why Hyundai needed such a comprehensive warranty to begin with? Is it because their cars are unreliable in the first place?

Here's a Hyundai horror story:
America's Worst Warranty - Why I Will Never Buy Another Hyundai | See Debt Run

Perhaps this is nothing more than anecdotal evidence. And I'm sure some people love their Hyundai cars. But the story is indicative of the type of people who buy Hyundai in the first place. The guy was a recent college graduate (with very little money) and decided to buy a Hyundai over a used car. His car broke down at 60k miles and Hyundai refused to honor the warranty. Long story short he was screwed.

And now to my point.

Nobody WANTS to own a Hyundai. There's nothing special about Hyundai technology or build quality. People buy Hyundai because that is all they can afford. I know Hyundai has some 'high-end' models. But nobody that can afford a Hyundai Equus would choose it over a Lexus LS 460. Absolutely nobody. The Mercedes-Benz S-Class would be head and shoulders above both. People that can afford cars in this price range don't care if they pay an extra $20k.

And I continue to stand by my original statement. Most people would prefer to own a Volvo over a Hyundai.

LOL dude, you are embarrassing yourself with each post by failing to prove how Korean OLED is superior to Chinese OLED.

It is you embarrassing your self with consistent idiocy.

I have shown you LG OLED 77 inch. => 1 prove
I have shown you how BOE struggel with OLED, thats why your Skyworth, Changhong, and Konka buy OLED panel from LG => 1 prove

So total: 2 prove

:laugh:

You've now ADMITTED that China is on par with LCD technology which is the technology that's commercially used. China is also on par with Korea on Quantum Dot.

You still can't PROVE how Korean OLED is superior technology where I've shown China has LCD, OLED and Quantum Dot technology. You said China is behind Korea in display technology and you can't even prove any of your laughable assertions. Now you're here bragging about Korea having largest OLED TV to prove they have better quality where in a previous post you said having the largest doesn't prove quality :lol:

You don't know what you're even saying. You've lost the argument in utterly humiliating fashion and now trying to divert attention. You are not fooling anyone.

It is you embarrassing your self with consistent idiocy.

I have shown you LG OLED 77 inch. => 1 prove
I have shown you how BOE struggel with OLED, thats why your Skyworth, Changhong, and Konka buy OLED panel from LG => 1 prove

So total: 2 prove

:lol:

OLED won't take off as Quantum dot does the same thing as OLED at a fraction of the cost. OLED is not commercially viable and unless the cost comes down, no one will waste their resources on a technology that won't take off in the global market.

You dumb. I've explained you many times that the OLED cost could come down when the production technology become mature and economic scale reach.

And Quantum dot is not really considered the same thing as OLED, OLED still has edge:

Thus, while QD TVs produce beautifully rendered, realistic colors that compare favorably to OLED, they fail at creating a perfect black that OLED absolutely excels at generating by literally going dark.
This is why Quantum Dots aren’t quite as good as OLED in 4K TVs -

China and Korea are equal in commercially viable LCD and Quantum dot. LCD is proven that's it's accepted by the global market. Your assertion that Korea is so far ahead of China in display technology has proven as a complete and utter lie.

I'm still waiting for your proof of Korea being ahead of China in the other 13 industries. Only in memory chips will I say Korea is ahead of China. You will have to prove EVERY SINGLE other industry you stated and me and other members will verify your claims.

You've already lost the display technology battle.

Dream on.
You are so ignorant.

China and Korea on par with Quantum, but Korea ahead in OLED. So totally Korea is ahead. You cant ignore OLED just because you dont like it or you think the market is not good. We are talking about technology mastery not business; furthermore the battle is still on. So live with it :laugh:

I have prove you korea still ahead in automotive. Your bragging simply market share and Volvo name only show your clueless about technology mastery.

LOL. You the clueless boy why dont you tell this to Panasonic' boss Mashahiro Shinada, who is very much experienced in TV business and technology compared to amateur like you :laugh:

OLED TVs will get cheaper, Panasonic's TV boss says, predicting that the self-illuminating television tech will be within reach of average consumers in a few years' time.

I'm very confident panel cost will go down," says Shinada, arguing that growth in OLED for business purposes (when the tech is used in signs or retail displays) will help to lower prices on the consumer side too. The TV boss expects that if panel suppliers can improve their yield ratios -- that is, the number of OLED panels produced that are fit to be put into TVs, rather than scrapped -- prices will drop dramatically. "Last year, the panel suppliers' yield was very, very low level" Shinada said. "But currently this ratio is now growing."

Panasonic TV chief: OLED televisions will be affordable in 2-3 years - CNET

I've told you, if the production technology become mature the price will go down, but you seems so dumb.

The reason why Skyworth, and numerous chinese tv maker jump into OLED wagon because they share the same understanding with Shinada that they should be in the wagon so that they wont be left behind in business when the price has come down and become affordable.

The reason why LG and Samsung also jump into Quantum Dot, is simply because they are so big and leader in TV business, so they should not be left behind in most TV sectors.

Your reasoning doesn't work. :no:

No comments on the solar panel efficiency race that is increasing every few months? You're the one that asked for information on solar panels in your previous post. Why so silent all of a sudden?

Also I've yet to see YOU provide proof to back up any of the South Korean industries you listed.

You are the one who claim China is ahead Korea in solar panel, so the burden to prove is on you as the claimer.

:laugh:

I could also argue that there is nothing technologically unique about Samsung Galaxy smartphones. Xiaomi and Huawei high-end phones are very competitive with Samsung in terms of technology. But does Samsung offer workstations and servers like Lenovo does? How can you claim tech superiority when you don't even offer the product?

I did not claim Korea ahead China in PC industry, it is you who claim China is ahead Korea in PC industry.

So the burden to prove is on you as the claimer. :laugh:

Also allow me to offer some of my thoughts on Hyundai cars because I know you'll eventually try to use the auto industry to disparage China. So I'll start talking about it before you do.

Hyundai has had some recent 'success' in the US for these reasons:

1. The US economy has not been doing well in recent years.
2. Hyundai offers affordable models like the Accent, Elantra, and Sonata at competitive prices.

And the most important reason of all...

3. Hyundai offers 'America's Best Warranty' at 10 years/100,000 miles.

Basically, people choose a new Hyundai over a used car. With a Hyundai, people get a cheap car and a warranty that covers the entire life of the car. No other automaker offers a warranty like this. I'm sure if Toyota offered the Corolla with 10-yr/100k mile warranty, people would flock to it too. But they don't have to because the Toyota Corolla is already one of the best selling cars in the world.

But has it ever occurred to anyone why Hyundai needed such a comprehensive warranty to begin with? Is it because their cars are unreliable in the first place?

Here's a Hyundai horror story:
America's Worst Warranty - Why I Will Never Buy Another Hyundai | See Debt Run

Perhaps this is nothing more than anecdotal evidence. And I'm sure some people love their Hyundai cars. But the story is indicative of the type of people who buy Hyundai in the first place. The guy was a recent college graduate (with very little money) and decided to buy a Hyundai over a used car. His car broke down at 60k miles and Hyundai refused to honor the warranty. Long story short he was screwed.

And now to my point.

Nobody WANTS to own a Hyundai. There's nothing special about Hyundai technology or build quality. People buy Hyundai because that is all they can afford. I know Hyundai has some 'high-end' models. But nobody that can afford a Hyundai Equus would choose it over a Lexus LS 460. Absolutely nobody. The Mercedes-Benz S-Class would be head and shoulders above both. People that can afford cars in this price range don't care if they pay an extra $20k.

And I continue to stand by my original statement. Most people would prefer to own a Volvo over a Hyundai.

And why you compare Korea (Hyundai) with Japan (Toyota) and Germany (Mercedez) ? :lol:

Why dont you compare Korea (Hyundai) with China (Geely, Chery, SAIC, BYD, etc) in term of technology (read: quality, patents, performance, etc - not price, market share, image, etc).

In term of Quality, Korea is leading now. This is the prove:

Korean Brands Lead the Industry in New Car Quality
Fewer Problems Reported with New Vehicles in J.D. Power 2015 Initial Quality Study (IQS) | J.D. Power Cars

They even surpass Japanese car in term of quality, based on the problem score.
And how about Chinese car quality? :laugh:

:coffee: First of all, I could see that you are getting very emotional and getting quite personal with your very post.

Martian in his post merely pointed out that "Samsung, LG, etc are all licensing OLED technology from America's Universal Display Company" and in my post I also stated that the OLED technology is invented by Americans including one of Chinese ethnicity and you immediately jumped the wagon and turn racist in your comment. But those are facts and you can't deny it or can you?

In other words what Martian says about the technology being employed by South Korea is being licensed by a US Company is quite credulous since the Americans did indeed discovered the technology. That is why I says the patents by LG may be just related to the technologies and not OLED itself.

If that is not logical then I need to understand how logic work for you.

And other observation, you just love to put words into other people's mouth.
Example: "So you mean since OLED diode invented by chinese man working in Kodak, hence China must have mastered and excel in OLED panel technology manufacturing?" Did I says any of this apart from the 10K Video Technology by BOE over the 4K by South Korea?

That is also why I says Martian argument is credulous.

Did I ever brag about Chinese Rocket Technology which is clearly way ahead of every other nations in ASIA today?

Since we are just confining to South Korea and China in this discussion why not stick to the topic.

LOL. Martian's bragging OLED invention by USA has nothing to do with comparison between China and Korea. It seems he only want to shield his and your shame because you guys cannot prove that China is on par with Korea in OLED technology, while I did.

Joke of the day :laugh:

R&D in the commercial and private enterprise is all dictated by the company profitability. Hence without a substantial volume of business or orders, market share and profitability, it is almost impossible for these companies sustain or maintain this department in order for them to invest in new products.

:-) If the business is down e.g. Sony. you may have some of the most brilliant engineers but they may soon leave you to join their counterpart elsewhere maybe in a factory or business owned by Chinese.

It would be long before many may be receiving a VSS or MSS in an unprofitable. So those patents you registered in the past will become the intangible assets and for sales.

:yahoo: So what is strong about your logic which to me is equally flawed.

LOLs .. LOLs.

Profitability indeed influence company's capability in R&D, but ..
Profitability is not the measurement of technology mastery at all.

Your logic really funny :laugh: :lol:

Prove it.

The Soviet Union and the United States had no reason to help China. Prove to me that the Soviets or the Americans gave the CORE technological knowledge to China. They didn't.

For example, the American hydrogen bomb was based on a "reflection" of X-rays for implosion design. The Soviets used a "layer cake" desgn. China used a "refraction" of X-rays design. All three are completely different.
Buddy...The Soviet Union pretty much formed the foundation of post WW II China in terms of science and technology and that foundation was so cemented and so strong that it took Mao and his disastrous policies to nearly destroy that foundation.

I will keep it simple for you...

Suppose one day you wake up and found your neighbor have a contraption that he calls 'the wheel'. All this time, everyone have been hauling goods on their backs or drag behind them. Now there is a device that not only could bear a load but also move that load with much more ease.

Regardless of whether your neighbor chose to give you a wheel, help you to build a wheel, or deny you any access to the device, the fact that you know the device exists and works means the pain of discovery/exploration and experimentation was borned by someone else. Now all you have to do is bear the pain of ADAPTATION.

Adaptation is what China have been doing -- twice -- since the start of the 20th century to now.

The first adaptation was post WW II when the Soviet Union and China entered into that Marxist marriage. Post WW II China was so dependent on the Soviet Union that in 1956 the Soviet Academy of Sciences had veto power over China's first 12-yr development plan. Nie Rongzhen, Director of China's Science and Technology Commission gave the Soviet Union complete credit for China's early nuclear weapons program, along with the credit for guided missiles, aircrafts, and even manufacturing programs for production of all those weapons systems. The Mao instigated Cultural Revolution and the political divorce from the Soviet Union nearly destroyed the scientific and technological foundation that Nie Rongzhen and others worked hard to build.

The second adaptation is when the Soviet Union collapsed and China was forced to confront -- again -- at the relative backwardness she was compared to the West. We, meaning the collective West, followed what the Soviet Union did: Gave China plans for the wheel and even assisted China in building the wheel.

Of all the scientific and technological wonders that China boasts today, not a single one of them China had to bear the pain of discovery/exploration and experimentation. If China had to commit espionage to gain knowledge, that counts as an 'assist' in theoretical terms, not that we actually handed China that piece of knowledge in friendship.

Did the electrical light bulb came from China ? Did the microwave oven ? Did the NAND cell structure ? All of these three items are revolutionary in specific areas. The electric light bulb enabled society to live pretty much 24 hrs. The microwave oven freed up time from the kitchen. The NAND cell structure made mobile all information. The best indicator of what is a scientifically and technologically advanced society does not belongs in the lab but in the home and so far, everything in my house, and in your apartment, were not created in China. Built in China, yes. But not created from China.

If you want to argue core technology, I would say that China invented gunpowder and paper. All other inventions derive from those two. Without paper, there are no books or libraries. Without books and libraries, scientific knowledge cannot be stored and propagated.
That is not core technology but ORIGIN technology. See if you can learn the differences.

Back
Top Bottom