What's new

China Radio's Tamil station to launch FM channel in India

There was no Hindi language in 265 BC.
I meant more common word we use "Dambadiva" to mention India and when people are mentioning about "India" today, we consider it as country of Hindi speaking people.

I meant more common word we use "Dambadiva" to mention India and when people are mentioning about "India" today, we consider it as country of Hindi speaking people.

Is it ??

How interesting :blah:

Turn towards north and move 30 miles you will hear some strange Language which is called Tamil :lol:

Is it ??

How interesting :blah:

Turn towards north and move 30 miles you will hear some strange Language which is called Tamil :lol:

haha yeah I know.
But majority makes the country's identity, may be that's the reason.

Hindi was spoken by a little over 40% of Indian population, Not even half.... :-) So get your considerations right!

List of languages by number of native speakers in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

haha yeah I know.

Not at ALL..... India's identity is Unity in diversity... Even the 40% of Hindi speakers have different religion, culture!

haha yeah I know.

India is a union of states and there is no official Language, This country is founded based on "unity in Diversity".

When you read about India read it on the terms it was founded first, this is a unique country a successful one and will be a greater success in the future.

On the other hand people like your are oppressing SL Tamils, get out of delusion and learn to co exist.

haha yeah I know.

That was time of Sanskrit, Pali and Prakrit languages. Since, you are Buddhist, you must be knowing it.

India is a union of states and there is no official Language, This country is founded based on "unity in Diversity".

When you read about India read it on the terms it was founded first, this is a unique country a successful one and will be a greater success in the future.

On the other hand people like your are oppressing SL Tamils, get out of delusion and learn to co exist.

No official language? What I have heard and seen Hindi and English are India's main official languages.

No official language? What I have heard and seen Hindi and English is India's main official languages.

No each state will take care of its culture and Language. No problem here.

It was called Bharat.

Any hard evidence - Mauryan stone /coin inscriptions to support your claim ? No unsubstantiated claims

you can use google for know about the period of Mahabharat's events and composition.

Please post the evidence that Mahabharat was written in 8/9th BC for everyones' benefit, thanks

No each state will take care of its culture and Language. No problem here.

Are you sure Hindi and English aren't main official languages of India? I just googled it also mentioned these two languages as official languages.

JMPjFzX.jpg

Any hard evidence - Mauryan stone /coin inscriptions to support your claim ? No unsubstantiated claims

Please post the evidence that Mahabharat was written in 8/9th BC for everyones' benefit, thanks

Better prove me wrong. :cheesy: Also, tell me what was "Hindia" you just claimed. :omghaha:

Are you sure Hindi and English aren't main official languages of India? I just googled it also mentioned these two languages as official languages.

Government of India can't use 22 languages so they use English and Hindi. Central government installations like railways and banks uses 3 languages. While states are not obliged to use Hindi.

Who were the first people to modify the word Qin.

Goodness, Indian logic at work again.

Qin is a transliteration using the pinyin system, which is based on the Latin alphabet. Or are you telling me that you guys invented the Latin alphabet or used the Latin alphabet in the past? Even "Cin" is not an Indian transliteration but a Latin alphabet based transliteration. The Russians don't even use Cin, Cina or China, they call China Kitay, which is probably based on a Mongolian tribe Khitai that lived between China and Russia.

All transliterations of China, Cin, Cina, etc. are based on the original pronounciation of the Chinese word for the Qin kingdom that later became the Qin dynasty. What Indians in the past have done is transliterating the Chinese sound into Sanskrit since Indians didn't use Chinese script. Everyone has to somehow write a foreign name with its own writing system. I'm sure Shanghai or Beijing is also written in one of the many Brahmic and hundreds of other scripts worldwide but that doesn't means that India or anyone else but the Chinese gave their cities the name.

Götterdämmerung;4292612 said:
Goodness, Indian logic at work again.

Qin is a transliteration using the pinyin system, which is based on the Latin alphabet. Or are you telling me that you guys invented the Latin alphabet or used the Latin alphabet in the past? Even "Cin" is not an Indian transliteration but a Latin alphabet based transliteration. The Russians don't even use Cin, Cina or China, they call China Kitay, which is probably based on a Mongolian tribe Khitai that lived between China and Russia.

All transliterations of China, Cin, Cina, etc. are based on the original pronounciation of the Chinese word for the Qin kingdom that later became the Qin dynasty. What Indians in the past have done is transliterating the Chinese sound into Sanskrit since Indians didn't use Chinese script. Everyone has to somehow write a foreign name with its own writing system. I'm sure Shanghai or Beijing is also written in one of the many Brahmic and hundreds of other scripts worldwide but that doesn't means that India or anyone else but the Chinese gave their cities the name.

Name China is given by the foreigners just like India originated from the Greek word Indios(Indus). Chinese call themselves Zhongguo, can you tell which foreigner used the words China, Cina or Cin first of all.

Indians invented zeros? They believe that everything is derived from a big zero.

Back
Top Bottom