What's new

China proposes border defence pact, India to go slow

I can't see anything negative in this proposal at all. It seems basically intended to prevent accidental bloodshed and escalation on the Sino-Indian border.

The only question is why does India want to "go slow", and how long will that take?

as you know,there are various procedures you have to follow in a democratic country before signing a border treaty like that..plus,they need to study all the clauses of the treaties and it takes a lot of time.but good move China.. :china:

Elephant has always been wary of the Dragon from 62, which is well known to all. Also the Elephant moves very slowly in every thing from the least important to the utmost important. Disappointing at times but it comes with being an Elephant !!!!

Good move by China though.

Are you referring any specific source (poll) or is it your personal experience from online forums ???

Most people probably dont even know about this....

...let me assume you're not eing sarcastic .so the answer in simple words is that due to the 'more than required attention from media' on India china border issues/incursio incidents and their over coverage recently has indeed left a negative image of china on Indians' minds. Now that isnt from forum..take it as its coming from one of the general public.

Most people dont know anything about these fields, and if yes they are most likely influenced by this ridiculous anti China hype made by the Indian media.

And you cannot speak for your countrymen without knowing their true attitude. If you have a poll, kindly post it.

Well, you cannot speak for Indians either. How can you easily dismiss his statement. This attempt by CHina is a great effort but you cannot dismiss what had happened the yrs before, do you?

huh....just formalize the existing border at aksai chin, get chinese agree to arunachal in return and move on.....needless issue this indiia-china border problem is.....

This diplomatic dance is no different from dating. Whoever makes the first move will get the cold shoulder.

John: Are you free Friday night?
Zoe: We are having a slumber party at Judy's (pretending to checking her day timer.
J: Saturday?
Z: I need to study for the mid-term, but I could go out for a quick drink after dinner.
J call Z to meet at 8.
Z: I can't get away just now. How about 9?
Z as usual didn't get there until 10:30.

Eventually John will nail Zoe.
That's how things goes sometimes.

Very well said this is why we should never trust india anything to do with this back stabbing country is a complete waste of time

Backstabbing? Who attaacked who in 1962? Never forget India's position. China exposed fatal flaws in its plannning....

As Indian and Chinese have totally different story regarding 1962 conflict, so everything will be tough going. The relationship between country is envolving from time to time, maybe India should consider better relationship with China.

I can't see anything negative in this proposal at all. It seems basically intended to prevent accidental bloodshed and escalation on the Sino-Indian border.

The only question is why does India want to "go slow", and how long will that take?
Indo China border is peaceful when compared to our west border . So we felt there is no urgency . I feel we would take a decision soon .

Nothing wrong with having a peaceful front - both countries need that..

As the Chinese propose a border defence pact, they ominously agree to secret nuclear reactors deals with Pakistan...something ain't right.

Back
Top Bottom