What's new

China proposes border defence pact, India to go slow

I don't see the problem with that statement. Are you suggesting that most Indians think of China as friendly? Granted many Indians admire China for what it has achieved in the last 25 years but there exists deep mistrust of China & that is widely held.

Most people dont know anything about these fields, and if yes they are most likely influenced by this ridiculous anti China hype made by the Indian media.

And you cannot speak for your countrymen without knowing their true attitude. If you have a poll, kindly post it.

I can't see anything negative in this proposal at all. It seems basically intended to prevent accidental bloodshed and escalation on the Sino-Indian border.

The only question is why does India want to "go slow", and how long will that take?

Even i am also thinking the same unless and otherwise..they are going through the details of the proposal that may take some time or as usual Indian bureaucratic delay

Aha.... their delay shows the Indians have evil plans. Good move to expose them! I believe this is one of the Sun Tzu strategems.

I can't see anything negative in this proposal at all. It seems basically intended to prevent accidental bloodshed and escalation on the Sino-Indian border.

The only question is why does India want to "go slow", and how long will that take?

I think they should use "go-peaceful" instead of go slow.... I am sure we are on the right track... We need a pact like deadly enemies Germany-France-US and other west powers.... They resolve the issues inside them.... concentrated on rest of world... able to project or dictate other states... No more bloodshed.... Tension between India-China will destabilize entire ASIA.... which attract WEST to play again with us.... so better make pact between us... no-war...and the matter should resolve through diplomatic way...

good step, we should hold the problem, cool it and talk to solve it, just China did with VN, Russia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, talk to solve the boundary problem.
But some media often make the thing broken, some media said "talk may means making a concession", this make politicians hard to really want to do this, high risk for their political career. Even they solve the problem, they may be described as traitors by media

Aha.... their delay shows the Indians have evil plans. Good move to expose them! I believe this is one of the Sun Tzu strategems.

It will be our foolishness if we expect one positive post from you neva mind... we need some on like you to entertain...

I'm just thinking because we had a situation like this before, where Zhou Enlai offered to exchange recognition of Arunachal Pradesh for recognition of Aksai Chin, but Nehru rejected it.

Diplomatic solutions should always be the priority, especially ones such as this which have been carefully designed to be acceptable to both sides.

Thinking carefully on a decision is a given, but "going slow" seems to be saying that there will be a greater than average delay.

Carefully thought out, sure.

But when the words "Go slow" are used, then going by the other things that are said to be "going slow" on this forum (projects for example) it conjures up a time frame that seems excessive.

That is diplomatic speak for "let's not jump to agree with everything that the Chinese say because they don't agree with things we ask".....Let them take their time. It is not as if people are shooting at each other across that border.

Most people dont know anything about these fields, and if yes they are most likely influenced by this ridiculous anti China hype made by the Indian media.

And you cannot speak for your countrymen without knowing their true attitude. If you have a poll, kindly post it.

Since when do polls necessarily show what the whole country thinks? There are polls if you want but you will have to find them by yourself. Indian ministers are on record as referring to China as enemy No.1, Indian missiles & nuclear capabilities are geared to deal with what is perceived as the China threat, India's diplomatic relations with China is proof that the official Indian position is to be wary of China. Unless you have some evidence that official Indian position is somehow at variance with public sentiment in this case, I'm afraid you are the one who will have to explain why you are suggesting otherwise.

You are welcome to take my opinion as just being that. I have little interest in arguing this out further.

go slow ok but i hope it pays off at the end...:tup:

Since when do polls necessarily show what the whole country thinks? There are polls if you want but you will have to find them by yourself. Indian ministers are on record as referring to China as enemy No.1, Indian missiles & nuclear capabilities are geared to deal with what is perceived as the China threat, India's diplomatic relations with China is proof that the official Indian position is to be wary of China. Unless you have some evidence that official Indian position is somehow at variance with public sentiment in this case, I'm afraid you are the one who will have to explain why you are suggesting otherwise.

You are welcome to take my opinion as just being that. I have little interest in arguing this out further.

Very well said this is why we should never trust india anything to do with this back stabbing country is a complete waste of time

I don't see the problem with that statement. Are you suggesting that most Indians think of China as friendly? Granted many Indians admire China for what it has achieved in the last 25 years but there exists deep mistrust of China & that is widely held.

Very well said this is why we should never trust india anything to do with this back stabbing country is a complete waste of time

This is all bcauz of nonsense anti-china things Published by Indian media before this I
Only knew 2 things about china Kung fu & noodles

@ChinaToday
Don't forget, we faced defeat which wasn't pleasant and we are being cautious. You cannot find fault for that...maybe you are too young to remember that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to prevent flare ups is a good thing. Meanwhile, India can continue building up the defensive and offensive capabilities along the border in peace.

Back
Top Bottom