What's new

China PLA Type 99 Tank is Inferior ?

I am puzzled by the question on viability of installation of air-conditioner in a tank. A little sub-compact Suzuki or a Subaru has no problem at all with air-conditioner installed. Is it because the tank crew compartment or the engine compartment has no extra space for an air-conditioner? If it is true, how hard is it to install one outside the chasis?

My 1500cc car's nippondenso air-conditioner is so small and light that I can hold it with one hand!!!

I am puzzled by the question on viability of installation of air-conditioner in a tank. A little sub-compact Suzuki or a Subaru has no problem at all with air-conditioner installed. Is it because the tank crew compartment or the engine compartment has no extra space for an air-conditioner? If it is true, how hard is it to install one outside the chasis?

My 1500cc car's nippondenso air-conditioner is so small and light that I can hold it with one hand!!!
Air conditioning in a tank is different deal, ontop of that the AC needs to be hooked up to the engine, needs to be duriable when temperatures reach 50 degrees inside the tank. And yes, the T series dont have a lot of room.
The T-90 has the same sized chasis as the T-72 while the T-90's turret is slightly larger mostly due to the extra ammunition and the need to have more advanced FCS and electronics that were once fitted on T-80. The Chinese Type 99 and T90 have almost the same size turret with out ERA or extra addon armour. Biggest prob is space in the compartment.
If you look at a Abrham or Leapord Turret and compare it to a T-90 turret the size difference is huge!
That being sad the T series rapport to warfare was a low siloute to avoid hits in the first place. But modern FCS has brought that down. Thats why we keep seeing both the T-90 and Type 99 getting bigger rather than smaller.

Back
Top Bottom