What's new

China PLA Type 99 Tank is Inferior ?

The person who made this video knows NOTHING. First of all, this is a type 96 tank, not a type 99, you can tell the difference by just by looking at the frontal armor and the lack of laser suppression system. Second thing, stabalization system can be switched on and off...

sooooo the world has nothing to worry about then.....why wont western strategist listen!!!!

One interesting thing,this video is made by a Japanese 2 more years ago,and talked much .
First,when moving in this video fire-control system was turned off, gun only stay stationary when aimed at a target,the tank was not firing in this video,and the fire-control technology has been ripe for a long time.
Second,the tank in this video is 96 but 99,you can see the difference through the equipment above the turret.

http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XNzgwNDYyNTI=/v.swf
Talked 3years ago~~~

Hi,

The Chinese are thinking that, their things are superior, and they laugh at others, this is the video which shows the reality of Chinese product Type 99 Tank, which they claims successful.

So , is their any Video which proves other wise ??

Where is that indian guy who start this thread??? Doese he feel so ashame to post any reply on this thread???:rofl:
A poor trolling indian guy.
Anyway we dont laugh at others with nonsense, we just laugh at some country say big and do nothing, we just laugh at some coutry' PM claim things like pissing.:chilli:

I don't understand the point but let me tell you something about the Type 98 and variants. They were made to survive and hold their own against T-80/90 from the north. When China began the development of such a tank, they used the technology already avaliable. They choose to install a German engine, extend the chasis and add some sort of block armor for protection. Most likily, when the tank became heavier than anticipated, the Chinese used a german engine. So it was meant to survive with the armor. otherwise the T series and alkhalid and type 99 are the same tank, with the same flaws. Their survivability compared to Leopard2 is not that good and the Japanese T-90 is a lot better and more advanced internally than the Leopard 2. Even the alkhalid with its more sophisticated FCS can and probabily is a good match for T-99, although AK lacks the additional armor, it still certianly has the accuracy to make up for it. Even though they cost around the same, the T-99 is heavily unreliable in accuracy and desert conditions as the FCS and thermals, are Chinese and the tank is mostly Chinese. Which is why PAK purchases the Type 90 for a fraction of the cost plus TOT and developed the rest seperatly with Ukraine to meet the harsh conditions.

If anything, I think Chinese tanks are more reliable than russian tanks. Chinese tanks have to be able to operate in the desert, in the humid south, and in the frozen north. Whereas russian tanks are mainly designed for cold climates.

regards

If anything, I think Chinese tanks are more reliable than russian tanks. Chinese tanks have to be able to operate in the desert, in the humid south, and in the frozen north. Whereas russian tanks are mainly designed for cold climates.

regards

Keep thinking, Russian tanks are used by the Egyptians, Saudis, Indians ect. BTW the T-90 was sent to India and Malasia for testing in both desort and jungle conditions, so no need to worry about its reliability.

Ptld egyptians are using M1 ABRAMS AND SO ARE SAUDIs ur tanks are just a mouth sweetner fo saudis.lol.Yes russian tanks are reliable but not in hot climate of rajistan there are various reports that they were over heasting and also thermal sights were cooked in rajhistan

Ptld egyptians are using M1 ABRAMS AND SO ARE SAUDIs ur tanks are just a mouth sweetner fo saudis.lol.Yes russian tanks are reliable but not in hot climate of rajistan there are various reports that they were over heasting and also thermal sights were cooked in rajhistan

Egypt uses Russian tanks, T-62's and T-55's. Saudi Arabia is commited to buying 150 T-90s, i could have sworn that they already received them but i guess not.

And those sights were french.

The Saudis don't buy trash: Abrams, EF-2000, F-15, and soon T-90.

Last edited:
What about over heating engines?ANYWAYS the only russian weapon i love is AK 47 with a 75 bullet mag and a sniperscope and a road to hell.

Egypt uses Russian tanks, T-62's and T-55's. Saudi Arabia is commited to buying 150 T-90s, i could have sworn that they already received them but i guess not.

Those sights were french.

The Saudis don't buy trash: Abrams, EF-2000, F-15, and soon T-90.

An old article on India's T-90s
T-90 S is a Dud, it can’t fire far enough. | Frontier India Strategic and Defence - News, Analysis, Opinion

Seems there were issues with the gun. I am curious of how T-90 performed against its former peers in the Georgian War. This is the only time T-90 has seen actions, right?

What about over heating engines?ANYWAYS the only russian weapon i love is AK 47 with a 75 bullet mag and a sniperscope and a road to hell.

What overheating engines? It was the air conditioning unites and by now the problems should be fixed.

T-90 tanks to get new air-conditioners, Environment Control System, Auxillary Power Unit, Rajasthan Deserts, Punjabs Plains, Heavy Vehicles Factory, With the Army's T-90 Main Battle Tanks (MBT) facing heat due to failure of fire control systems a

Russia exposing Chinese latest 99KM tank - China Tour

From Russian source:

Latest T-99 variant: ztz99km
Engine: 2100hp!!! Power/weight: 28hp/ton!!!!:eek::eek:
Weight: 75 ton!!!:eek:
Main Gun: 155mm!!! :eek:

Is this a T-99 or an Overlord tank in video games???:eek:

======================

According to the Russian "Tank Report" reported that when the Russian side is still looking forward to the time that T-95 tank comes out, the Chinese designers have quietly completed testing the latest main battle tank 99KM. What’s different from the previously developed Chinese tanks is that 99KM tank is equipped with a modular, active protection system that can more effectively resist attacks from the serial high-explosive anti-tank weapons. It is at least 10 years advance than others in the world. China's tank factory will manufacture first batch of more than 200 tanks of 99KM. The report also said, 99KM-type tank is also equipped with an improved type of JD-4-active laser defense system. At present, among the modern tanks which have been in service worldwide, there is no one tank equipped with any kind of similar defense system. This unique feature will undoubtedly enable 99KM tanks become an extremely dangerous opponent on the battlefield. The power of a 99KM is equivalent to 2 ~ 3 T-90 or M1A1 tank.

99KM tank full weight: 75 tons Power;

2100 hp engine speed: 80 km / h;

Max stroke: 869 km;

Main arms: 155 mm main gun (capable of launching precision-guided missile, also capable of launching a new generation of armor-piercing kinetic energy of shells)

===================================

Battle effective or not, this monster is going to be legendary.

Russia exposing Chinese latest 99KM tank - China Tour

According to the Russian "Tank Report" reported that when the Russian side is still looking forward to the time that T-95 tank comes out, the Chinese designers have quietly completed testing the latest main battle tank 99KM. What’s different from the previously developed Chinese tanks is that 99KM tank is equipped with a modular, active protection system that can more effectively resist attacks from the serial high-explosive anti-tank weapons. It is at least 10 years advance than others in the world. China's tank factory will manufacture first batch of more than 200 tanks of 99KM. The report also said, 99KM-type tank is also equipped with an improved type of JD-4-active laser defense system. At present, among the modern tanks which have been in service worldwide, there is no one tank equipped with any kind of similar defense system. This unique feature will undoubtedly enable 99KM tanks become an extremely dangerous opponent on the battlefield. The power of a 99KM is equivalent to 2 ~ 3 T-90 or M1A1 tank.

LOL the T-90 has had those features for a while. Any proof the Chinese actualy have this?

Back
Top Bottom