What's new

China permits Indian basmati rice imports

this is good development.

rice or wheat trade could save millions of farmers in China as well as South Asian nations. the point is, it will deter american transgenic food penetration. this is the way of saving ourselves.

LOl, you indian really know how to price yourselves out of business. US$7.00 will get me ~5kg of thai fragrant rice or ~2.5kg of pakistani bamasti rice here in Singapore.

BTW, the chinese would prefer their sticky rices first for their daily meals. Next, come close will be the thai rice which is more suitable to be used for fried rice and porridge. And on briyani part, not even 0.01% of their population have any actual taste with it. I seriously doubt that the indian bamasti rice is going to be sell big in China, especially with this sort of ridiculous pricing!

Last but not lest, as i am a chinese singaprean, i know both the PRC chinese taste bugs and how their manage their pocket. And I beg this export is going fail miserably due to own greed and hindsight of chinese food culture.

I doubt it will be sold @ 7 USD per kg in China. Even in US, basmati is sold at around ~3-4$ per kg and if you buy in large quantity the price will be even lesser.

This basmati rice is not for staple consumption.. rather when people goes out and decide to have some nice food they would order it..

regarding the pricing decision, let us leave it to the market researchers and entreprenuers.. they are much more informed and sharp than the usual posters here..

#btw one of uncle owns a restaurant in New Delhi, we prefer Indian Basmati for our famous Biryanis... though pakistani basmati rice are also very good I must say..

Watch out for worms in Indian Basmati. I used eat it but found lot of worms inside and eventually they grow wings and start to fly. So every few days I would have to open the container to let the worms fly out. This is true story!!!

Watch out for worms in Indian Basmati. I used eat it but found lot of worms inside and eventually they grow wings and start to fly. So every few days I would have to open the container to let the worms fly out. This is true story!!!

I thought people across our easter border like non-veg food ... lol...

its must be a freebie you got from the shopkeeper for buying rice on "sale"... next time spend some money and also check the expiry date on the rice bags ....

I doubt it will be sold @ 7 USD per kg in China. Even in US, basmati is sold at around ~3-4$ per kg and if you buy in large quantity the price will be even lesser.

at these prices, not even the indian restaurants or the nationalistic indians who work in China will buy it. Local hi quality pearly rice is just about $1-2 per kg and Thai rice is famous for their great texture for about $0.5 - 1 more.

at these prices, not even the indian restaurants or the nationalistic indians who work in China will buy it. Local hi quality pearly rice is just about $1-2 per kg and Thai rice is famous for their great texture for about $0.5 - 1 more.

I think so too... It is too hard to sell a quality product in China... people are just not used to it I guess.

Normal quality rice is well under a dollar too. I wonder how Iraq can afford Basmati from India. No doubt it's better in test and smell but aren't they aware of cheap options mentioned here :D

I think so too... It is too hard to sell a quality product in China... people are just not used to it I guess.

you are as good as your poorly informed comment.

China is the no one spot for the world's most luxury products in the world.

if you cannot accept the stupid pricing strategy of selling your rice in China, no body is stopping your import into China. But I will strongly advise the importer to enter into contract with the indian rice exporters ONLY on more careful trading terms which should consider the situation of very hard sale!

Normal quality rice is well under a dollar too. I wonder how Iraq can afford Basmati from India. No doubt it's better in test and smell but aren't they aware of cheap options mentioned here :D

Are Iraqis strong in Agriculture?

I don’t think they can pay the rate that Europeans are paying and we should also look at the brand value of basmati..I am not in favour of sharing such a high brand richie product with Chinese…maybe we can export basmati tukadas…they ve earned wealth but not respect so they dont deserve it!!

Back
Top Bottom