What's new

China-Pakistan Friendship

ali ahmad

Reaction score
Let's talk about china pakisttan friendship......

i have talked to many of my fellows in university that what do you think about china......and most of them replied.....a trusted and sincere friend....

Let's talk about china pakisttan friendship......

i have talked to many of my fellows in university that what do you think about china......and most of them replied.....a trusted and sincere friend....

i am a Chinese, what i want to say is that all of my friends love Great Pakistan!:flag:

let's be friends for ever!!!:flag: :ChinaFlag:

well, all i say is that there was a poll conducted, it said that many chinese, ie >40% did not mmuch like Pakistan. i'l post link if i find it.

Friday, 24 November 2006

China and Pakistan in trade deal

President Hu received a ceremonial welcome in Pakistan
Chinese President Hu Jintao has signed a free trade deal with his Pakistani counterpart, Gen Pervez Musharraf, during talks in Islamabad.
Diplomats say the agreement could triple the value of bilateral trade within five years, to $15bn (£7.7bn).

The two countries have also agreed new defence and energy deals and pledged to continue nuclear co-operation.

Mr Hu arrived in Pakistan on Thursday after three days of political and trade talks with neighbouring India.

"Our relations are higher than the Himalayas, deeper than the Indian Ocean and sweeter than honey," Mr Hu said in a televised address to the Pakistani nation on Friday. :ChinaFlag: :flag:

His visit to Pakistan is the first by a Chinese leader in a decade.

Nuclear speculation

The two men agreed a number of defence and trade deals, but stopped short of announcing a new nuclear agreement.

Instead, they simply said they would continue working on existing nuclear projects.

We are good neighbours, close friends, trusted partners and dear brothers

President Hu Jintao

India and China's new course

Chinese funds and expertise helped complete a nuclear power station in Pakistan's eastern province of Punjab in 1999.

In April this year, the two countries said they would work together to build another such plant nearby.

There had been widespread speculation that the two countries might agree a nuclear deal similar to the one between the US and India.

The BBC's Barbara Plett in Islamabad says Pakistan wants China to help it build more nuclear power reactors to meet growing energy demands, especially since the US has refused to provide Islamabad the kind of civil nuclear assistance it has promised India.

Economic considerations

The new trade pact would ignite efforts to cut tariffs, Pakistani commerce minister Humayoun Akhtar said.

"Within five years, trade between the two countries will be completely tariff free," he said.

Indian obstacles facing China

Mr Hu said the free trade pact "serves the fundamental interests of our two peoples and is also conducive to the peace and development of our region".

According to the BBC's economics correspondent, Andrew Walker, bilateral trade agreements are viewed with some suspicion by the World Trade Organisation (WTO) - of which Pakistan and China are members.

Such deals violate a central principle of the WTO - that there should be no discrimination between trade partners in the organisation.

However, our correspondent says, bilateral deals are popular because they offer countries an alternative avenue for expanding trade at a time when worldwide talks in the WTO have been suspended.

Old rivalries

Pakistan and China have also agreed to co-produce an airborne early warning system.

They already share other ventures in the defence field including the joint development of a fighter aircraft.

China has also ploughed millions of dollars into a project to build a massive shipping terminal in south-west Pakistan to gain access to the Arabian Sea.

Our correspondent says Mr Hu's visit to Pakistan may have been intended to reassure his hosts over China's warming ties with Pakistan's regional rival, India.

Historically, China and Pakistan formed a bloc against India - but economic considerations are now more important than Cold War-era rivalries.

Mr Hu's four-day visit to Pakistan was preceded by a landmark trip to the Indian capital Delhi, and financial centre Mumbai (Bombay) during which the two sides pledged to double trade to $40bn a year by 2010.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6175372.stm

Wow 15Bn is a mammoth figure?What are goods traded btw Pakistan and China as of now?

Wow 15Bn is a mammoth figure?What are goods traded btw Pakistan and China as of now?

FTA to raise trade to $15 billion: 31 agreements and MoUs signed with China

RAFIQ GORAYA & MUHAMMAD BILAL

ISLAMABAD (November 25 2006): Pakistan and China on Friday signed Free Trade Agreement (FTA) and 30 other agreements/ MoUs in the public and private sectors to strengthen and expand their strategic partnership and economic cooperation in all fields. Chinese President Hu Jintao and President General Pervez Musharraf witnessed the signing at the Aiwan-e-Sadr.

Officials said that the FTA, effective from July 1, 2007, would reduce tariffs to zero rates on hundreds of items for import and export between the two countries, reduce trade imbalance, which is in favour of China, cut duties on Pakistan's exports, and increase bilateral trade to $15 billion in five years.

Pakistan and China also signed a multi-faceted five-year joint development programme on trade and economic cooperation and establishing a joint investment company to pave the way for billions of dollars Chinese investment in Pakistan in different sectors including agriculture, energy, communication, infrastructure, tourism, housing and industry.

OTHER AGREEMENTS AND MOUS SIGNED BETWEEN THE TWO COUNTRIES WERE:

1. Agreement on security of financing for China-Pakistan bilateral cooperation.

2. Exchange of Letters authorising construction of schools and hospitals in the October 8 earthquake-hit areas in Pakistan.

3. MoU regarding $337 million Chinese financial support for upgradation and rehabilitation of Karakorum Highway.

4. Transfer of completion certification of Gwadar port (Phase-I).

5. Authorising the relevant departments to establish Consulate-General of Pakistan in Chengdu.

6. Executive program of cultural agreement between the two countries for 2007-2009.

7. Contract agreement on KKH improvement project (Raikot to Khunjerab).

8. Framework agreement between China North Industries Corporation and Heavy Industries, Taxila (HIT).

9. Huawei-PTML-PTML GSM Phase-V expansion project contract agreement.

10. MoU between China Zhenhua Oil Company Limited and Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Resources.

11. Agreement on exploration and development of Saindak East project.

12. Agreement between Qingqi Group and National Bank of Pakistan on collaboration in President's Rozgar scheme.

13. China's PVC back integrated complex on Engro Asahi Polymer and Chemical Limited Pakistan.

PRIVATE SECTOR AGREEMENTS In addition to the 17 agreements, representatives of leading Chinese and Pakistani companies also inked nearly 13 agreements and Memorandums of Understanding worth $3 billion to undertake joint ventures in various sectors of hotels, housing, industrial parks, cement, fertiliser, transport, pesticides and others.

Major Chinese companies which signed agreements include China International Industry and Commerce Co Ltd (CIIC Group); Ningxia Building Material Group China; China National Chemical Engineering Group Corporation; International Business Incubator of China; Tianjin Renong Pesticide Industries Co Ltd; CETC International Co Ltd; Great United Petroleum Holdings Co Ltd; and GingKo Petroleum and Chemical Company Limited.

The agreements were signed from Pakistan side by The Board of Investment, Army Welfare Trust, National Logistic Cell, Federal Government Employees Housing Foundation, Housing and Works Ministry, Ruba Group of Pakistan, Fatima Fertiliser Limited, Incubator Centre of National University of Science and Technology (NUST), Pak-China Chemical, Motherhood (Pvt) Ltd, Pakistan Petroleum Limited, and Infrastructure Development Company (Pvt) Ltd.

Board of Investment officials said that an umbrella MoU between Pakistan and China was also signed under which these projects will be implemented within the next five years.

They said that Chinese investment in the public sector of Pakistan has always been very impressive, and described the signing of these agreements and MoUs as a big breakthrough in the private sector investment, which would be followed by more significant investments in near future. They said that the economic relations between the two countries were robust and strong.

China has made valuable contribution to Pakistan's economic development, particularly in the development of infrastructure and setting up of basic industries.

Beijing is also helping Islamabad in the development of Gwadar deep-sea port, whereas more than 50 Chinese companies are working in Pakistan in oil and gas, IT and telecom, power generation, engineering, automobiles, infrastructure and mining sectors.

http://www.brecorder.com/index.php?id=501050&currPageNo=1&query=&search=&term=&supDate=

Pakistanis assured of highly cooperative future

ISLAMABAD (November 25 2006): Chinese President Hu Jintao on Friday told the Pakistani nation that his country had always stood by it and would build on this strong foundation for a highly cooperative future by strengthening relations in all sectors, including economy.

Addressing the Pakistanis from the packed Convention Center here, he promised that China would always stand rock-solid beside them in every critical time.

"We in China take pride of all-weather and time-tested friendship with Pakistan...and (we) want to take our relations to new commendable heights," he said. The visiting president said China wanted to deepen strategic friendship, consolidate existing relations, expand win-win economic ties and strengthen cultural relations with Pakistan. "History has witnessed the dynamics of Pak-China friendship...unshakable and trustworthy...we will continue to work with Pakistan in partnership," Jintao assured the nation.

He cited the friendship treaty the two countries had already signed as a hallmark of strategic partnership between them and hoped it would give a new dimension to Sino-Pak relations. Hu Jintao added both countries would continue to hold consultations at all levels and hope a defence deal might be an outcome of these parleys.

Win-win economic ties and friendly business relations was another area the Chinese president stressed upon, saying this would further cement the relations. Jintao added his government has always encouraged Chinese private entrepreneurs to invest in Pakistan in all areas, especially in energy sector. He also underlined the need to build strong bond among the people of two countries for strengthening social and cultural relations.

The Chinese president remembered the help Pakistan offered to his country in 50s when an economic blockade by the West cut China with rest of world and then in a conflict with Taiwan. "This was a valuable support for us...this is what we in China will never forget," Jintao acknowledged.

He praised Pakistan's economy growing at, what he called, a remarkable rate over the past few years, and promised China would play his part for further growth.

He was also all praise for the doctrine of enlightened moderation his Pakistani counterpart General Pervez Musharraf has coined and making vehement attempts to implement. At the outset, Hu said he had brought a message of best wishes and love from 1.3 billion Chinese people for their Pakistani brethren. "Our friendship is higher than Himalayas, deeper than Indian Ocean and sweeter than honey," the Chinese president added. Later, President Musharraf conferred the highest civil award of the country, Nishan-e-Pakistan on Jintao.

http://www.brecorder.com/index.php?id=501059&currPageNo=1&query=&search=&term=&supDate=

'China to increase imports from Pakistan'

ISLAMABAD (November 25 2006): China said on Friday that it has a battery of plans to increase imports from Pakistan now that the two countries have signed an agreement on free trade area (FTA). Chinese ministry spokesman Chong Quan said that China has committed to helping Pakistan develop its exports and would do so as the China-Pakistan free trade area is built.

China has arranged tax rebates for high-volume Pakistani exports to China. It will also grant favourable status to Pakistani products with export potential such as stones and rocks, leather, textiles, drugs and chemical products, said Chong. He said China would facilitate Pakistani companies' participation in Chinese exhibitions to showcase their products.

Chinese people may forsake gold, not friendship with Pakistan: Hu Jintao
Sunday November 26, 2006

LAHORE: Chinese President Hu Jintao has reiterated Sino-Pak friendship is evergreen adding Chinese people may give up gold but not their friendship with people of Pakistan.

"China and Pakistan are trusted friends. Their friendship is raised on popular foundations. There is Chinese proverb " Chinese people can forsake gold, not their friendship with people of Pakistan", he said this while addressing reception hosted in his honour by the citizens of Lahore in Shalimar Garden Saturday.
:ChinaFlag:

Governor Punjab Lt Gen (Retd) Khalid Maqbool and chief minister Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi also attended the reception.

" I had visited Lahore in 1984. The memories of that visit are still fresh with me. The sights of this city and brotherly friendship is very dear to me", Hu Jintao told.

He went on to say that Lahore had done feats of valor for the national freedom and it is known key city and vital hub of industrial development of Pakistan.

" We have agreed with president of Pakistan and other leadership on further boosting Sino-Pak friendship. This friendship is in synch with common perception of the people and is beneficial for regional peace and stability. This will be further expanded. This friendship has a history. Sino-Pak interaction dates back to one thousand year", he underlined.

Pakistan is the first country which established diplomatic relations with China, he said adding " we can not forget the help and support extended by Pakistan to us in difficult hour". China stood beside Pakistan in its national freedom, sovereignty and regional security. Both the countries passed through critical phases. That is why they are enjoying excellent bilateral diplomatic ties.

Chinese people pay enormous respect to the people of Pakistan during their visit to China, he held. Pak-China friendship association was established in 1960 and now its branches are spread in every nook and corner.

Sino-Pak friendship is based on mutual interest, he said adding Korakuram high way, Gwadar port and Chashma project are the example of this robust friendship.

Pakistan is a key economic partner to China in South Asia, he maintained. The increased economic cooperation between the two countries will further fortify the bonds of friendship, he hoped.

Changes are coming in the world. Changes are coming in the region. But Sino-Pak friendship will never scale down, he remarked. "We have to strive for goals of common development and progress hand in hand."

Speaking on the occasion Chief minister Punjab Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi said Sino-Pak friendship is higher than Himalayan heights. China is not only friendly country of Pakistan but it has always provided vital consultation to Pakistan in important issues and problems. Chine always stands by its principles.

He went on to say that the Chinese products are being utilized all over the world. Pakistan wants to learn about this charismatic development which is held in high esteem by all the developing and developed countries of the world.

Pakistan is put on the track of all pervasive development due to adoption of vision enunciated by President Musharraf. In our traditions, it has been said that go unto China to attain knowledge. A large number of Pakistani people wants to learn Chinese language.

:ChinaFlag: http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.shtml?161180 :flag:

Indeed Pak-China friendship is great indeed people of both countries love and trust each other.
However in the changing cricumstances we should not always rely on Chines help on strategic issues as every country has her own intrests and i think if China has to have a total shift towards out rivals for her intrests she will do abondoning us so mentally we had to be prepared for that and also should have alternate option .

Really?
I'd like to see an independant link please. :coffee:

it doesnt matter what the people or the poll says,if President Hu thinks its good to have a FTA with pakistan,then they will have it.period

Indeed Pak-China friendship is great indeed people of both countries love and trust each other.

I think the Pakistanis are going overboard with joy,as they have found a strng ally after the not so favourable treatement from US.Two countries can never love each other,its just interests that rule the relationship.

However in the changing cricumstances we should not always rely on Chines help on strategic issues as every country has her own intrests and i think if China has to have a total shift towards out rivals for her intrests she will do abondoning us so mentally we had to be prepared for that and also should have alternate option .

What are the alternative option that pakistan has?

Really?
I'd like to see an independant link please. :coffee:

i dont mean that in an offensive way, its just there was a poll result in the papers here, it said that the round 7% of regular avg joe's of china did not much like Pakistan and 40% India.i'l search it,i may be confusing with another country maybe too.

Hang, on, lemme try and get it.

my bad, its 7%, and against Indians its 30% ,but there was another poll, im getting confused lol,let me try and get that too.
this is the previous one:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/411243.cms

it doesnt matter what the people or the poll says,if President Hu thinks its good to have a FTA with pakistan,then they will have it.period

Bull if Hu thinks its good for chines to have a FTA with Pakistan, they will have it Hu dosnt want it for himslef :)

if u come to our country i would say just visit markets in Peshawar chines goods have flooded these markets. Both are benefiting from this the chines and Pakistanis equally, they had a huge market we have all sorts of good at cheap rates simple ! it has nothing to do with an indivisual leader

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom