What's new

China Overplayed its Hand in Chumur; PLA didn't anticipate India's swift counter build-up!

So friend, don't clutch at straws trying to prove that these incidents never happened. I know you're getting pissed off at the fact that your eternal all weather, 'invincible' friend got the stick from the evil Yindoo banyas in these incidents.

That is what you deduce from my simple post, asking for a neutral source? I am amazed seriously, probably you have read more than I wrote.

The problem with your points is that anyone can claim anything and then evasive manoeuvre out of an argument later, claiming yet again that since the other side, well lost, you cant expect them to publicly announce it for the obvious reasons of saving face and keeping the morale up. The causality figure claimed only by the Indian side is too high, for a mere skirmish. The obvious questions are what is the source being quoted? How an artillery exchange turn so deadly? What are the Indian causalities in the same skirmish? The devil once again, lies in the details. Remember, there is little consensus even within the Indian side on the number of causalities sustained by the Reds. Ironically, there are third party accounts for the performance of both sides during the '62 war, but nothing is available for this incident. I do not doubt the incident, just that what you say isn't confirmed by any neutral source and I do not believe in asking the Nazi's, the image and qualities of Fuhrer.

That is what you deduce from my simple post, asking for a neutral source? I am amazed seriously, probably you have read more than I wrote.

The problem with your points is that anyone can claim anything and then evasive manoeuvre out of an argument later, claiming yet again that since the other side, well lost, you cant expect them to publicly announce it for the obvious reasons of saving face and keeping the morale up. The causality figure claimed only by the Indian side is too high, for a mere skirmish. The obvious questions are what is the source being quoted? How an artillery exchange turn so deadly? What are the Indian causalities in the same skirmish? The devil once again, lies in the details. Remember, there is little consensus even within the Indian side on the number of causalities sustained by the Reds. Ironically, there are third party accounts for the performance of both sides during the '62 war, but nothing is available for this incident. I do not doubt the incident, just that what you say isn't confirmed by any neutral source and I do not believe in asking the Nazi's, the image and qualities of Fuhrer.
You may like to read this thread...The Nathu La skirmish & The Chola Incident: when Chinese were given a bloody nose

Take it or leave it. Doesn't bother us really whether you want to believe this incident actually happened or not. Treat it as fiction. Makes a good read anyway.

I think India is trying to build up this border issue just before Modi meets Obama. Something to do with US-India-Japan axis against China.

Back
Top Bottom