What's new

China omits India, Pak from 72-hour visa free travel

Wrong only common Pakistanis are fed this propaganda. Common Chinese by and large don't care about Pakistan/Pakistanis.

that's right.

most Chinese don't even know where Pakistan is

I have stated many times I have no problems with the Chinese people, just the government and the fact that Pakistanis feel that China will bail them out left and right. The truth is your government just uses Pakistan to leverage India and keep them occupied on their Western flank.

Yes and this strategy was very successful in slowing rise of India till early 1990s

Shouldn't be accepted though. Godless heathens have pretty attractive women. :P

Anyway. It is common knowledge that if India and China were not enemies, the Chinese would give the Pakistanis the same amount of attention as the Zimbabweans.

Forgot the silk route? Or the mountain communities in northern Pakistan that look completely Chinese? Or the fact that too many extremists in Pakistan?

Yes and this strategy was very successful in slowing rise of India till early 1990s

Are we so powerful that we can slow India's economic growth?

I'm afraid this one is not our fault, but that of your own bureaucracy.

Wrong only common Pakistanis are fed this propaganda. Common Chinese by and large don't care about Pakistan/Pakistanis.

Common Pakistanis don't even know where china is on a map, common Pakistanis are fed that aman ki asha bull* and believe Indians are trustable and friendly

Well, at least you guys are still "people of the book".

We are not. We are as Godless as Godless heathens can get. :D

Exactly, unfortunately with that mentality if I was Pakistani president I'd recommend china not to let any south Asians in including us.

Nothing wrong in it.

In my opinion there sould be no visa-free visit

Off course nothing wrong with it .. it's just a convenience.

There are 11,000 plus Pakistanis in HK (compared to only 20,000 plus Indians in HK - India / Pak populatio ratio isn't 1:2 !!).

Visa-free travel conveniences the family members travel .... otherwise there is a hassle get a visa made.

Pakistanis in Hong Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indians in Hong Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And only 1600 Pakistanis in Singapore... (Indians in Singapore are of a different order of magniture, so I don't compare).

Hence, for some reason Pakistanis prefer HongKong, to Singapore - not sure, why??

but it was us who betrayed China in 1962 when China offered Pakistan a joint attack on India for them to liberate arunachal & it was for Pakistan to penetrate in Kashmir & northeast but we were ruled by a backstabbing duffer named ayub khan who instead offered a joint India-Pakistan defense agreement to nehru ( for which he was happily rewarded in 71) not to forget the offer of free corridor to Indian troops through Pakistan controlled Kashmir think about that too how did the Chinese felt ? did ayub not betrayed China ? yes he did ! & history will never forgive him for that ! there is a reason why Quaid-i-Azam Md.Ali Jinnah & mohtarma Fatimah Jinnah dint like this guy from day one, had the Quaid lived a bit longer he would have had this chap kicked out of the military which ayub right fully deserved .

He did perhaps due to avoid potential economic and military damage in war

Another reason can be fear US ending its help

I have been traveling to China quite often since the late 80s and these have been my observations on how perceptions of the Chinese (in Mainland China) have changed about Indians at the street level.

Whenever we used to go visit Beijing / Shanghai / Tianjin / Guangzhou and other cities in the late 80s and onwards, the oft repeated question by the locals looking at us was "are you Pakistani?" . A reply affirming that we are Indians would be met with a cautious smile in most cases. It was amusing then for many Indians who traveled to China to be asked if we were Pakistani (and not Indian).

We never took offence at such questions but to any Chinese (then) who were interested , we would tell that though we have the same color of skin, the two nations are neighbors . More questions would follow , if Indians are Muslim, etc etc.

In the context of above account(s), I began to understand that at grassroots level, people were perceiving us as Pakistanis because of the atmosphere of friendship between the two nations. India (then) was an insignificant economy then, not much to give and take and the heightened security perception of the 80s had us perceived us as "not so friendly".

It took one to understand this and it was easier to understand where such questions (of us being Pakistanis?) came about. Then the 90s happened, China was already 10 steps ahead with Deng Xiao Ping being at helm of the economic policies. In late 90s, India opened up and Indians began travelling to China via HK . We were still mistaken as Pakistanis but we were getting a wider acceptance by our interactions. Canton Fair (the world's biggest trade fair) began seeing many Indians (and other nationals) going into China. Interactions improved by frequent visits to factories. By the decade of 2000 - and especially the latter part of that decade 2005 onwards, saw a huge number of Indian traders going into China to buy goods or to invest in Chinese manufacturing or go into tie-ups . Indians went not only into Guangzhou but also in places like Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Fujian provinces and their cities for sourcing and setting up buying offices for export trade TO India.

By now, Indians got their due recognition as INDIANS and not Pakistanis. We were and still are getting a healthy respect as an english speaking nation, about Bollywood, about our culture and there is a huge interaction on private level between the two peoples IN CHINA. And though we might not be political friends (in comparison with Pakistan-China friendship), what we DO GET is respect at least on face. No Chinese I have met openly argues that "your country is this that XYZ and my country is ABC.. ".

It would help our Indian brethren on PakDef and other forums that the Chinese are not as bad as many (here) paint them to be. People to people interactions are , I would say, HEALTHY and progressive. The dogmas of propoganda exist , no doubt but I have very good reason to believe that today's China is not as easily "BOXED IN" by what government says. There is curiosity about India, there is interest about India. And though China's internet is heavily censored , nothing can keep the human mind's inquisitiveness to KNOW about others.... Chinese included.

thanks for info

that's right.

most Chinese don't even know where Pakistan is

in reality 90% common people which eva country they belong to dont give a F*ck, as they are more worried in feeding their families....

听说有南棒子不乖又在这大放厥词了
还有三哥们老实点
我们和巴基斯坦关系无论如何,都和你们没关系,你们就整天就继续意淫吧。
哈哈哈哈哈哈

Not really, Chinese have access to the Internet and are educated. So they can decide for themselves, its us southasians that depend on propaganda
Besides, if I were from china, I wouldn't want any south asians illegally migrating here

Nah, it's easy to accept. Security comes first.
I mean even though most on this forum consider china an ally, there are enough trouble makers here

LMAO....:lol:

It seems " Deeper than mountains and higher than oceans " relationship has its own limitations...:lol:

It is because of pakistanies, the name of brown people have become bad. Indians have suffered a lot in west because of some pakistanies who were involved in "peaceful" activities. Its is the time pakistanis should give up such activities and take the responsibility of past deeds

Racist attacks against south Asians have been happening far before anyone even knew Pakistan existed

听说有南棒子不乖又在这大放厥词了
还有三哥们老实点
我们和巴基斯坦关系无论如何,都和你们没关系,你们就整天就继续意淫吧。
哈哈哈哈哈哈
I like beef burgers too

So, how many countries allow chinese (PRC) visa free entry?

hongkong?
pakistan?

singapore?

India, is a long shot to even try searching a solution.

USA?

Anyone in Europe?

How about Nigeria?

Jeju Island(a notable tourist destination) lets Chinese enter visa-free. Due to some strange reason, Jeju Island has an autonomy from the mainland and can decide on its own trade and "foreign policies". So they have their own "for-profit" foreign schools and "for-profit" foreign hospitals that are banned in the mainland, visa-free entries for Chinese, etc. Of course Chinese cannot go to Korean mainland from Jeju Island, police guarding all the ports, etc.

250px-Jeju_SK.png

Senkaku Islands??
Well, that island is off-limit to all civilians, Japanese and Chinese alike.

Ishihara tried to buy that island and turn it into a tourists destination, and the Japanese government tried to block that by purchasing it and keep it off-limit.

He did perhaps due to avoid potential economic and military damage in war

Another reason can be fear US ending its help

He did it because back then Pakistani leaders were still thinking about peace with India. When India turned down the Pakistani offer and got trashed by China than Pakistan made peace with China by signing a border agreement and things have been "brotherly" ever since. US and Iran were actually trying to push Ayub into joining the war on India's behalf but Ayub wanted a defense treaty before hand. When he didn't get one than he declared neutrality and chose not to join the war at all. Only 3 years later the hawks pushed him into war during 1965 and the rest is history.

Back
Top Bottom