What's new

China offer Bangladesh latest J-10C with AESA radar as MRCA

monitor

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Screenshot_2018-01-08-21-47-02.png

It will be a great idea if we can exploit Chinese offer to get latest SU-35 as front line heavy weight fighter backed by single engine J-10C MRCA.

Source is BDMilitary?

I thought the MRCA tender was designed in such a way that the Russians are obvious winners? Did I miss anything?
বিডি মিলিটারি এজ ইউজুয়াল গুলাইয়া ফেলসে আরকি।

That was the MRCA tender. We are talking about MMRCA here, which will be a G2G deal.

Wasn't MMRCA supposed to be Sukhois? Guess I am confusing the terms.
Nope, BDmilitary did. You are right on The MRCA thing.

Last edited:
:stop::stop:
J 10 is an excellent fighter jet. But I don't wish BAF to procure from an unreliable political partner. It would be a blunder that will make us bleed, literally.
:closed:

If China is unreliable partner then which country is reliable partner for Bangladesh. Everyone looks for own interest nothing free lunch or humility exist in politics .

J 10 is an excellent fighter jet. But I don't wish BAF to procure from an unreliable political partner. It would be a blunder that will make us bleed, literally.
OMG your foreign policy is literally being controlled by New Delhi and you are talking about China being an unreliable partner. China has done more for this neighbourhood then any other country.

If China is unreliable partner then which country is reliable partner for Bangladesh. Everyone looks for own interest nothing free lunch or humility exist in politics .
No one is asking for a free meal here, as far as I am concerned we will be paying in hard cash as usual. China is an unreliable partner that's the hard truth. If you can't count on people despite supporting their political interests for decades, you shall know to ditch them. Otherwise you will end up loosing the bastardias game of geopolitics.

IMHO BAF shall vent the European options first. Even if that means flying second hand mirages or Typhoons or an overpriced Gripen for the foreseeable future.

AS A great political leader once said, “When you play with a gentleman, you play like a gentleman. But when you play with bastards, make sure you play like a bigger bastard. Otherwise, you will lose.”

What is the unit cost of J1C? How many jets Bangladesh
want to buy?

OMG your foreign policy is literally being controlled by New Delhi and you are talking about China being an unreliable partner. China has done more for this neighbourhood then any other country.
Ahh.... Like China is doing charity down here? :disagree:
Look Budd, I know how "special" The China-Pakistan Relation is ,but that doesn't count as the 'whole region', ok?
And Yes, in current situation China is an unreliable partner for BD. The whole Rohyinga scenario is a big proof of that.
While saying that still want BD-China to work on the Economic- Bussiness sector.
Wont go on this old rant any more. Peace.
What is the unit cost of J1C? How many jets Bangladesh
want to buy?
Initially 16. Ultimately 4-6 Squadrons.

No one is asking for a free meal here, as far as I am concerned we will be paying in hard cash as usual. China is an unreliable partner that's the hard truth. If you can't count on people despite supporting their political interests for decades, you shall know to ditch them. Otherwise you will end up loosing the bastardias game of geopolitics.

IMHO BAF shall vent the European options first. Even if that means flying second hand mirages or Typhoons or an overpriced Gripen for the foreseeable future.

AS A great political leader once said, “When you play with a gentleman, you play like a gentleman. But when you play with bastards, make sure you play like a bigger bastard. Otherwise, you will lose.”

The military leadership have already realized the importance of diversifying away from the Chinese systems. Look at the recent development AFTER the rohingya crisis- Pegasus from Singapore, potential AWAC deal with Airbus, Mi- version of attack helos, more Agusta Westlands from Italy, T-90 evaluation with Russia etc. Add to this, the most important project to be launched in 2018 - The National Frigate Program - I am going to make a guess that it wont be built on Chinese design. Gotta wait and see.

There is a clear message to those who follow closely.

The military leadership have already realized the importance of diversifying away from the Chinese systems. Look at the recent development AFTER the rohingya crisis- Pegasus from Singapore, potential AWAC deal with Airbus, Mi- version of attack helos, more Agusta Westlands from Italy, T-90 evaluation with Russia etc. Add to this, the most important project to be launched in 2018 - The National Frigate Program - I am going to make a guess that it wont be built on Chinese design. Gotta wait and see.

There is a clear message to those who follow closely.
Here Here... words of my heart... :-)
certainly see the message there...those who can't.... pity...:(
On the bold part, this can be an indication that BAF is thinking of the European option albeit "more" seriously. Cheers. :cheers:

Holy-moly!!! Subahanallah, Mashallah, alhamdulillah (ar kono word ase? :lol:)!! If the news is true then it's Eid for BAF and BD defense lovers!! First Russia now China!! Looks like two guys fighting for one girl's heart!! :lol: I will sleep good tonight!!:dance3:

if that comes with Russian engine don't you think it will be a good cost effective choice. Have AESA radar like Mig-35 (though Mig-35's radar isn't operational yet AFAIK), more hard point than Mig-35, can fire AShM. So we can have two platform for maritime strike. Isn't it better thing to do rather putting all eggs into one basket? If Russia flips we can use J-10, same thing for Chinese if they flips. Two maritime strike platform will boost BAF's power, and they won't have rely on only one party. and no one is reliable. Look what Russia did to India about Su-30MKI, they didn't transfer the engine tech to them. China promised they will make F-7BGI almost new and 4th gen fighter which will be able to shoot AShM, BVR but they didn't. Both Russia and China voted against Myanmar regulation. So we can't do anything about it unless we make fighter ourselves. It won't be bad step against Burmese JF-17 as they will have two maritime strike platform too (JF-17 and possible Su-30).

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom