What's new

China nears approval of $16 billion domestic jet-engine plan: Xinhua

China should cast off these predicament, must realize an industry to upgrade with transition.the capital is accepted as the direct push the industrial upgrading,these plans take time to come to fruition, isn't just more money, this takes time and more than a little persistence.

China should cast off these predicament, must realize an industry to upgrade with transition.the capital is accepted as the direct push the industrial upgrading,these plans take time to come to fruition, isn't just more money, this takes time and more than a little persistence.

We are in the thick of engine development. WS-10 and variant have indicated we are capable of getting better. Now we are focusing on heavy duty and civilian airplanes. We will get there!

I am looking forward to the unveiling of our engines for Y-20.

Aerospace is one of last remaining sector that the West still holding their advantage over China, now China is able to do wide body plane such Y-20 and regional commercial aircrafts, If China come with any breakthrought on Engines technologie, not only China will break Western dependance but also break their monopoly on providing commercial, cargo and fighter throughout the world.

I think China is serious about this business if it's willing to dump $16 billions for engine research ;)
The money is for manufacturing and commercialization (i.e. passenger airliners), not research. Research & development has already broken through: The improved WS-10 (WS-10B?) completed research & development. Recently it was reported WS-18 (high-bypass turbofan for Y-20) also completed research & development. The next step is building mass production lines for the military engines and commercializing on the civilian side. Can't wait to see J-10B and Y-20 with domestic military engines and afterwards passenger airlines with domestic civilian engines.

Look, It is said that there has NEW Model engine for J20( looking like have serrated in its tail)

hmm....i do not have permissions to post link or fotos

There is some dark meaning in those comments "8800"

oh! "TAIHANG engine"

Look, It is said that there has NEW Model engine for J20( looking like have serrated in its tail)

hmm....i do not have permissions to post link or fotos

There is some dark meaning in those comments "8800"

oh! "TAIHANG engine"

是太行涡扇15 吗?

WS-15-engine.jpg

Just post the photo/ links etc in text form. Let us take care of the rest.

是太行涡扇15 吗?

Just post the photo/ links etc in text form. Let us take care of the rest.

we wondered if the pull third J-20 need to be tested in multiple modes

搜索 “我鳖某型号发动机地面静力测试时的马赫环”

this is really big money i afraid there is some exaggeration!!! because it wont really needs all those money to develop an engine whatsoever especially they already have spent money on it and they have the plants that making them.

It is an investment to the entire industrial production chain that is involved in engine making, such as material engineering, etc and this is not an one time investment either. More money will flow into the projects in the future.

China is serious about engine development which is indispensable if they aspire to have a potent 4.5 gen + 5th gen fleet of ACs. Also the success of JF17 sales depend on a chinese engine and not to mention the market potential of J10.

I had a few questions:

1. Is China ready to sell Chinese alternatives for Su-27 (J11xx) and Su-30 (J16) with Chinese engines?
2. Are they available for countries such as Bangladesh, Myanmar etc.?
3. If not how many years till they become available?
4. Are these planes with Chinese engines cheaper than Russian alternatives?
5. How about J10x, are these available with Chinese engines for sale to these countries?

we wondered if the pull third J-20 need to be tested in multiple modes

搜索 “我鳖某型号发动机地面静力测试时的马赫环”

算了吧兄弟 没啥好看 也没人解毒

Solly, nothing good to post here from your quote!

They always took engine development seriously. They simply didn't have the money in the 90s and didn't have the expertise in the 2000s. Now they actually have made a few breakthroughs in materials which would give them a fair shot at developing world class engines.

You are spot on.

The Chinese knowledge base has reached "critical mass" now and China will be able to mass-produce every conceivable type of engine by 2020.

I had a few questions:

1. Is China ready to sell Chinese alternatives for Su-27 (J11xx) and Su-30 (J16) with Chinese engines?
NO
NO
NO
Yes and more advance than russian counterpart
5. How about J10x, are these available with Chinese engines for sale to these countries?
Not yet!

China and Russian has enter the agreement for China J-11 series not to be exported after the controversial of owning the main frame for Su-27SK. J-11b Series fighter can only serve PLAAF and PLANAF.

Have you seen any J-11B series fighter display at any Zuhai Airshow since 2006? No.. Only things display at Zuhai Airshow has the means to be exported. J-20 , J-11B series are not display at all.

As for J-10X , only J-10B will sounds interested for countries but even the J-10B is yet to enter service with PLAAF. Export in few years time looks remote.

I had a few questions:

1. not immediately
2. yes, but not immediately
3. 20 years at least
4. we always sell our weapons at more than reasonable prices with great qualities
Check out our J7 exported to many countries and compare that with the flight history of your neighours' fleet.
We have just delivered some upgraded J-7s to Bangladesh.
5. yes. We are a weapon trader. J10x will be exported but not anytime soon.

Thank you for your interest!

Back
Top Bottom