What's new

China nears approval of $16 billion domestic jet-engine plan: Xinhua

To our BD friends, please dont pin too much hope on our exports of JXXs. Mass production of J10X or J11X for exports wont be realised until J20; J31 etc are inducted. Hopefully within this decade

The biggest problem concerning Bangladesh is water and implementation of projects to tame the rivers. You government needs to take this as your priority over military expansion.

You have 160 million people. Use your workforce well to improve you irrigation, water utilizaion, conservation and control. We have plenty of machinery and equipment on offer for help

Thanks for the advice Chinese friend.

Military development is not something that can be postponed. The threats are real, and BD has been suffering the last few years very seriously due to years of neglect on this front.

The other issues that you have mentioned also needs to be taken care of, they have nothing to do with military development.

On topic:

Let's hope all the new Chinese domestic engines are successful.

LOL here in Holland and the surrounding countries, we are whining about the hundreds of millions of extra costs that comes with the purchase of the Dutch F-35 fleet while China nonchalantly just writes out a check of 16 billion USD for just the jet engines!:omghaha:

Also, as of 2013, the Netherlands got rid of their cutting edge Leopard 2A6s. The dutch army is now officially a toothless lion. I know we have to make budget cuts but we are now really just asking to get our A**es spanked if war were ever to break out in Europe :hitwall: (The last time the Netherlands was this defenseless, was when the Germans invaded during WW2 :hitwall:)

LOL here in Holland and the surrounding countries, we are whining about the hundreds of millions of extra costs that comes with the purchase of the Dutch F-35 fleet while China nonchalantly just writes out a check of 16 billion USD for just the jet engines!:omghaha:

Also, as of 2013, the Netherlands got rid of their cutting edge Leopard 2A6s. The dutch army is now officially a toothless lion. I know we have to make budget cuts but we are now really just asking to get our A**es spanked if war were ever to break out in Europe :hitwall: (The last time the Netherlands was this defenseless, was when the Germans invaded during WW2 :hitwall:)

the orange men are not anywhere under military threats arent they?

FYI, as per NATO doctrine and sharing of responsabilities, the Netherlands is assigned to ballistic missile defense. That's why De Zeven Provincien class is getting the SM-2's and later possibly SM-3's, and the Army has PAC-3. The ships will be assigned on patrol to the eastern Mediteranean, quite far away from the Netherlands itself.

September 2011
The Netherlands announces plans to upgrade four air-defence frigates with extended long-range radar systems as its national contribution to NATO’s BMD capability.

NATO - Topic: Ballistic missile defence

Though in general i totally agree, army without tanks sucks. I also totally support the whining because of the high price. LM is trying to milk everyone like it milks the US DoD.

To our BD friends, please dont pin too much hope on our exports of JXXs. Mass production of J10X or J11X for exports wont be realised until J20; J31 etc are inducted. Hopefully within this decade

The biggest problem concerning Bangladesh is water and implementation of projects to tame the rivers. You government needs to take this as your priority over military expansion.

You have 160 million people. Use your workforce well to improve you irrigation, water utilizaion, conservation and control. We have plenty of machinery and equipment on offer for help

Well Isn;t China responsible for this mess since they are placing a dam on the Brahmaputra?

Lets hope China and Iran cooperate more on defence projects

We definitely should, since I started visiting here I am shocked at the level of Iran's technology. Very impressive, I think two countries working on projects will bring another prospective and perhaps overcome some challenges by looking at it from another angle.

Reading Western media I thought Iran was like super religious backwater that don't know what running water is....lol

the orange men are not anywhere under military threats arent they?

Yes, the Netherlands -geopolitically speaking- are relatively safe because it's surrounded by NATO allies. But I am just hinting at a worst case scenario here and this is where some might disagree with me on this case: the issue as to where the one you can really trust in the end (even with the current military doctrine and the absent of a threat), is yourself or your allies when it comes to national defense?

Though in general i totally agree, army without tanks sucks. I also totally support the whining because of the high price. LM is trying to milk everyone like it milks the US DoD.

I am constantly wondering -it is still a worst case scenario though- what will happen if an enemy, with a Blitzkrieg like advance on Western Europe, were ever to stand at the gates of the Benelux. Will the current Dutch military, even with the NATO doctrine and the sharing of military responsibilities alone, be able to hold its lines?

And I agree, our Defense (The US and NL alike) is too much of a playball of the private sector and the political climate. There's always a political shift almost every 1/2-2 years (mind you that so far for the last few decades, that not a single administration has been able to sit out through its 4-year term). Excessive pluralism is holding Dutch politics and its priorities hostage and it's doing no good for sectors like education and defense, where there's a constant shift from a complete self-reliant armed forces (left) or one that's more oriented towards closer cooperation and integration with NATO allies (right) and vice-versa.

BTW had to remove some of your quotes as my post quota won't let me requote some of your links :what:

Great news for emerging economies.......and a cause for serious headache in west.....

If China can develop this engine successfully......western engine manufacturing plant will definitely lose huge market share in not only China but all over the world........leading to shops being shut and most importantly unemployment in Europe and US......and more job creation in China..... :devil:

More tough days ahead for the Europeans and Americans.

I don;t understand your type. You act as if Europe and the US having economic woes is a great thing. Do you think CHina and Pakistan are your friends? Seriously, you need to get out of this cold war mentality and truly analyze the present.

Things to clarify as misinformation is spread:

* No contract is in place to acquire J-10B for PAF [never was and no significant Pakistani involvement]
* Only 150 JF-17 ordered. No release of Funds no more orders [I see it as GOP not providing Funds not that there is lack of Funds as you see 5 Years GOP enjoyed cash for themselves]
* Eventually JF-17FC-1 would come up with WS-13 engine and BLK III slated for 2016 and relatively much cheaper than J-10B with same capabilities should make BAF think twice why J-10B is needed the focus should FC-1 and AEW&C for greater productivity.

China is making strives in every field. it so fun looking at Asian technology pitted against western technology.

Back
Top Bottom