What's new

China may export J-10B fighters with Russian AL31FN-S3 engines to Pakistan

I think if we can manage to get F-16 and J-10 B and SU-35 let say 100 each than we can use JF-17 and F-16 and J-10 B as defending Pakistan and SU-35 can be used for massive attack inside enemy territory.
Historically Pakistan has been inducting Western equipment... How ever during that time many Pakistani pilots were sent to various friendly countries where they flew Russian and other aircraft that were not in the PAF inventory. This gave both the manufacturer and the pilot enough know how on what tactics can be employed and the pilots knew what is the threat perception.

Now going back to the question of having more F-16's...
What I know at the moment there are no F-16's available that can be bought mlu'ed and if new block 52's are bought they would be delivered some where around 2018-2020 or later... By this time there will be enough old F-16's available for sale so what should be done in the time they are not available.

There were 2 options given to Pakistan one was to get the F-15's that are available but up-gradation would bring them to
the same time as 2018.

Second option was to get the F-18's from Australia but those are also not available till 2018. They also require setup of infrastructure which costs money.

Now by adding J-10's or J-15/16's Pakistan would be putting all her resources in the hands of China which might not work out bad... China and Egypt is purchasing Su-35's so PAF is going to fly them...Russia is now considering it is not a bad idea to sell these to Pakistan directly because they would know the aircraft in-out but they are not going to tell how to develop it further.

If Pakistan gets Su-35 aircraft they also get the engine which could be added to the JF-17's or J-10's and J-31's giving commonality.

Aviationweek magazine observation about Pakistan J10B/FC20

J-10B, F-35 Nearing In-Service Debuts | Defense content from Aviation Week

"Pakistan’s variant has been designated the FC-20. It is outfitted with more radar-absorbent material and an active, electronically scanned array radar."

"
China's J-10B Fighter Aircraft To Enter Export Market

China could possibly export its J-10B fighter to Pakistan, Asia, Latin America and Africa.

Russia has agreed for a deal to sell its advanced AL31FN engines which will be fitted to the J-10B, Kanwa defense review reported Sunday adding that the first batch of the engines is expected this year.

The Russian engines will increase the life of the aircraft from the J-10A's 500 flight hours to the J-10B's 750 hours. As China will introduce more Russian engines in the future, all J-10B aircraft will be fitted with the AL31FN.

The upgraded version of the J-10 fighter, the J-10B is the first domestically designed aircraft fitted with a diverterless supersonic inlet to shield the engine compressor blades from radar waves.

The medium-scale 3.5-generation J-10B fighter has a maximum take-off weight of 19 tons, a bomb load between 6 and 8 tons, a combat radius of about 1,000 kilometres and a flight speed between 1 and 1.5 mach. It is equipped with an active phased-array radar and capable of carrying air-to-air missiles.

The aircraft can also carry out reconnaissance operations with infra-red search and track sensors.

"

I think if we can manage to get F-16 and J-10 B and SU-35 let say 100 each than we can use JF-17 and F-16 and J-10 B as defending Pakistan and SU-35 can be used for massive attack inside enemy territory.
Now you are sounding like our beloved member @AZADPAKISTAN2009 few years ago :)

Now you are sounding like our beloved member @AZADPAKISTAN2009 few years ago :)
I always thought he is his reincarnation. I remember that guy used to come up with his inventory lists like: 300 aircrafts, 60 submarines, 100 helicopters, 600 Nukes .............:p:

What I understand from what @MastanKhan said is one or two squadron have already arrived

I would prefer SU-35 over J-16.

@Chinese-Dragon and @ChineseTiger1986

No----

Echo in Russian official media about SU35 export for Pakistan

Военный дневник Игоря Коротченко - Новость дня в сфере ВТС: Россия может поставить Пакистану истребители Су-35

Новость дня в сфере ВТС: Россия может поставить Пакистану истребители Су-35
News of the day in MTC : Russia can put Pakistan Su- 35

@MastanKhan this twin engine dancing girl has chances in PAF or Russian bluff to sabotage Indian Rafale deal...

1687206_original.jpg

Hi,

Russia has India by the Ball joints-----and India is in a position that it never imagined that it would be in ----ie---Russia selling weapons to Pakistan----India in a quandary of either getting the SU 30 or 35 or the Rafale.

It is a very tight squeeze. The rafale deal not signed yet. Pakistan showing interest in the SU 35----.

No----

Hi,

Russia has India by the Ball joints-----and India is in a position that it never imagined that it would be in ----ie---Russia selling weapons to Pakistan----India in a quandary of either getting the SU 30 or 35 or the Rafale.

It is a very tight squeeze. The rafale deal not signed yet. Pakistan showing interest in the SU 35----.
well mastan bhai this news about showing interest in not new, back in 2012-13 a team of PAF went to Russia where they evaluated SU-35. but it was never revealed.

No----

Hi,

And if India scraps the Rafale deal, this pretty much brings to fore the option of french systems for JF-17

No----

Hi,

Sir is PAF after the AL31-FN-S3 or AL41-F1S ??

800px-Saturn_AL-31_FN_1.jpg
AL-41F1S.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Pakistan is in a much stronger position at this time to get a few goodies from Russia than it was ever---. The GIVE and Take is going to be good for both the parties.

I would not doubt it if the Paf was after those power plants.
Sir then this would only indicate that PAF is not happy with the performance of French engine for the JF-17B (Twin seat).

Hi,

Pakistan is in a much stronger position at this time to get a few goodies from Russia than it was ever---. The GIVE and Take is going to be good for both the parties.

I would not doubt it if the Paf was after those power plants.
its Russia really serious abut WOT boss?

Back
Top Bottom