What's new

China lifts ban on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube at APEC meet

Is that a news?

It's for limited audience only and all of them have access to all of these sites thru VPN.
There is freegate VPN option always for use in China,All expats in china use it .The government knows it but lets it go since its expats.

Many many people such as me don't like the firewall.We sneer Chinese network as "super LAN":laughcry:
But If we want go through it,it's not a hard matter.Just get a VPN or download a kind of special explorer.
For normal people,who don't know English and aren't curious to outside webs,the firewall is not a case.
I used Freegate VPN in china, it is free and works well all the time.But it won't let you browse Pron websites though, it will block it .Hostspot shield on the other hand will let you do everything. :D
I had to get a real VPN for my online games since the EU/US servers would not let me connect from china.

You
guys need to submit your IDs for using Chinese social media services, how will you impose that rule on facebook & twitter?
LoL actually you have to submit your IDs for even playing online games and there is a restriction on how many hours you can play a game everyday.It'S like 2-3 hours a day at max. Go over that the game won't let you in.
It's funny how even University rules are enforced they switch off the internet in the University campus at night 12 am and restart it again at morning 6.am. so that students would sleep instead of browse the internet.
I was told 10 years ago in 2000 etc. they even used to switch off the electricity in the night so that students dont stay awake using electronic instruments like tv,radio etc.

China lift ban for officials of other members of APEC could update their Twitter account? LOL
For example: John Kerry (@JohnKerry) | Twitter

B12dPK6CcAEH-03.jpg

B12dOyECEAAOmAL.jpg

welcome competition

I didn't admit anything. No company welcomes competition. The optimal position of any company in any market is monopolistic market leader, as that maximizes profit for that company. Every company strives to be the sole provider of their product or service - it is only through the inevitability of copycats that certain industries have competitors. Others, where the number of companies eligible to compete is few or zero, things are different.

You guys need to submit your IDs for using Chinese social media services, how will you impose that rule on facebook & twitter?
have you ever used any Chinese social media, ignorant China experts?
lol you indians

don't be so confident. FB and Twitter will put many Chinese social sites out of business if it weren't for Chinese government.

yeahyeah sure, as if you know all the Chinese social networks and apps```your assumption cannot be more ludicrous

Dont tell me Chinese companies are still not strong enough to compete with the U.S in China?

Yes, it is still too early in the sense that there is still money to be made. Why let foreign competition in when your own companies are doing extremely well and control the entire market? Therefore, it is not because China is backward in social media, thus, it bans foreigner; it is vice versa, China is strong and Chinese social media is profitable and technologically-advanced, hence even no slightest need to let foreigner come in and compete unnecessarily.

Morally right or wrong, no body cares; what is important is money and national wealth.

Allowing foreign competition just does not make sense. This is not something that you would need foreign expertise, after all. For automobiles, for example, China does still need foreigners, hence the JV scheme with minority shares held by the foreigner. Japan, on the other, does not need foreign tech/expertise, hence, they protect their auto industry.

When China does not need foreign expertise/money in social media business, why let them in.

It is pragmatic to monopolize your home market for ever.

have you ever used any Chinese social media, ignorant China experts?
lol you indians

You guys need to submit your IDs and get them verified to use all features of Chinese versions of social media, otherwise posting will remain prohibited or limited, I know.

You guys need to submit your IDs and get them verified to use all features of Chinese versions of social media, otherwise posting will remain prohibited or limited, I know.
and which social media doenst? its all wired and connected, I use my mobile to verify my facebook and youtube account in the UK, and that mobile number binds with my personal ID ie passport No. or PR No, as I need those to sign a tariff or a term contract

and please dont use your primitive indian knowledge to tell me how to register a Chinese social network or mobile app, as I said before your assumption and assertion is ludicrous

Last edited:
and with social media doenst? its all wired and connected, I use my mobile to verify my facebook and youtube account in the UK, and that mobile number binds with my personal ID ie passport No. or PR No, as I need those to sign a tariff or a term contract

and please dont use your primitive indian knowledge to tell me how to register a Chinese social network or mobile app, as I said before your assumption and assertion is ludicrous

IP address can be masked, but one can't hide his/her identity after submitting ID proof. CCP use it as an intimidating tool to tell its subjects that "Look, we know who you are, so be careful about posting anything against us".

Good to hear that security measures will further be tightened.

China to punish spam message senders

China has begun soliciting public opinion on a draft regulation aimed at wiping out mass spam messages sent online and through mobile phones.

According to the document, drafted by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), any individual or organization found to send commercial text messages without the receiver's permission could face a penalty of up to 30,000 yuan (US$4,900).

The junk messages targeted include text messages and those sent via social media tools such as Sina Weibo, the Chinese version of Twitter, and WeChat, a popular instant messaging service developed by Tencent.

Back
Top Bottom